str84ever
Banned
1,439 IQ
A. Do Beatles fit in the classic rock forum.
B. Sorry if theres already a thread about this, i couldnt find one, if there is just delete it.

Has anyone heard the new ''Beatles album'' LOVE?

I got it yesterday and some of the songs are good, some are so-so

Thoughts?
VoodooChild15
Day-Man
1,673 IQ
Yeah, Beatles threads go here. I got LOVE too, and I think there are some really brilliant things on there. The version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, for instance. A lot of the songs aren't really different from the originals, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
str84ever
Banned
1,439 IQ
I noticed that While my guitar gently weeps was different.

I liked the Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club reprise, the orchestra at the start was good.
And get back had the day in a life short of melty noise stuff if that makes sense?
Antroid
Daytripper
489 IQ
Ive got it, its pretty good but I can't say that I wasn't slightly disapointed.
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
JethroTullfan72
UG's Piano Man
273 IQ
They are absolutely classic rock, but i have yet to hear the love album.
Coldplay Rocks
Just_a_picker
abuses the ellipsis...
668 IQ
I've heard the little 30 second snippets of it.

Is the album worth buying, or should I just go search it on a torrent or LimeWire?
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Sherman901
UG Senior Member
320 IQ
Buy it.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Lessthanbass22
Umphreak
677 IQ
Love just proves how much of a genius George Martin is.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Don't buy it. It's just another George Martin cash camel. It's pretty crap anyway. Buy the anthology instead. MUCH better.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
jriffithsgesse
32 IQ
beatles are good and all, but they suck at being "classic rock". there more soft rockish tipe of music.
Lessthanbass22
Umphreak
677 IQ
^I'm pretty sure it was George...
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
It was both of them.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
Yup, both.
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Geore and Giles Martin = Pure geniuses.
Sent from my iPad.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
Is the guitar part on "While My Guitar Gentley Weeps" on LOVE the same as the original?
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Kov
10 IQ
That album is just simply brilliant.

I love it how it mixes a bunch of different songs together... Listen to the "medley" which begins with "being for the benefit of Mr. Kite"... That IS pure genious...

And so is the Beatles... So you can't really go wrong there, now, can you? LOL
heartsandbones
Proud Irishman
28 IQ
I think love is brilliant, especcially the REALLY DIFFERENT songs like get back or being for the benifit of mr. kite!its really worth buyin, but it might not be as good if you havent heard the songs i suppose.

I wasnt really "dissapointed", but i think hey jude and a day in the life could have been ommited, there not really that different
"Preserve you memories,
There all thats left you"
RUBBERSOUL35:15
32 IQ
Yeah they could have done more to A Day in The Life...i thought the new bass line in Hey Jude was awsome though...all-in-all if u like the beatles its worth buying for sure.
"Turn off your mind, Relax, and float down stream"
kidsilcon
On offer 'till December
396 IQ
I first listened to the album before it was released. It was on the beatles website; one of the first people to hear it. The album is worth buying although its not as good as any other beatles album, people are put off with this thinking that its another compliation album, there are some good songs on it like 'Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry', Lady Madonna, Being for the the Benefit of Mr. Kite!, Within You, Without You, the sound quality is great bhut there are a few not so great songs like the opening song 'because' without its riff and the 'sun king' played backwards for some reason, never the less its a great album and potentially 26 new beatles songs.
Audaciousness
10 IQ
It's really worth buying if you're the kind of fan that has already worn all your Beatles albums to death and need something different.
VoodooChild15
Day-Man
1,673 IQ
I think your best bet is to download it. It's worth a listen, but I wouldn't spend too much money on it.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Lost_Rose
UGs custom LP player
416 IQ
I wouldnt bother buying it its pretty aweful and its only "sir" george martin after some extra cash
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
ElephantMan4563
28 IQ
It's a great album there are some very cool spins on classic beatles songs and I love how they made those flawless transitions between songs
I don't like the term "dork" I prefer "Hip" or "Funky Fresh" I was cool in the 70's
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member
84 IQ
My friend got it for christmas, and he brought it over so i could rip it onto my computer.
I think it has a great collection of songs, and i had been really lazy and not downloading "Eleanor Rigby" so im glad it had that song on there.

Best songs on that CD IMO:
Eleanor Rigby
Glass Onion
Get Back
I am the Walrud
Strawberry Fields Forever
UNFORGIVEABLE
studwig
UG Newbie
75 IQ
hell yeah the Beatles belong here and if they didnt they would deserve their own genre of music and LOVE is a really good cd. I am obsessed with the acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. it made the top 25 in my ipod in like a week which takes like 70 listens!
-Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out-
salt-rookie
11 IQ
How can the White Album, Let It Be, and Abbey Road NOT be considered Classic Rock???
Metallica_Man55
Banned
928 IQ
I haven't heard the new album, but the Beatles are definitely classic rock. True, they are softer classic rock, but they set the bar for classic rock artists such as those earlier mentioned (Priest, Maiden), and others. Any great classic rock band can say that they have either heard of or been influenced by the Beatles.

Rock on, dudes!
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
definitely a CR band. i havent heard Love yet, but i might pick up a copy of it sometime soon.
sandwich_man
UG's raver
1,168 IQ
Quote by paintITblack39
Geore and Giles Martin = Pure geniuses.

I just love the fact that his name is Giles.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
"Tele" Steve
276 IQ
I'll probably buy it when I get paid next. It's a really interesting concept and I've liked most of what I've heard.
Brickjp84
279 IQ
LOVE is def worth buying. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is all acousitc, and it sounds nice. I like Eleanor Rigby too, the intro is awesome. Some one already mentioned Hey Jude as well. I bought it and havent been dissapointed.
kmbuchamushroom
Ba-dum
322 IQ
I have to say I'm not a big fan of the new While My Guitar Gently Weeps mix. The Sgt. Peppers Reprise and Eleanor Rigby are pretty good. My favorites would have to be Mr.Kite/I want you and the Drive MY Car mix. They combine songs that you wouldn't think of together and it sounds awesome.
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Quote by salt-rookie
How can the White Album, Let It Be, and Abbey Road NOT be considered Classic Rock???

They are Classic Rock.
Sent from my iPad.