bbqBBking
UG Newbie
278 IQ
Camel is an awesome prog band, anyone else like them? So far I only have Moonmadness, its totally enjoyable.
I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
mmm...good band. Akerfeldt once cited them as an influence. Which is how I discovered them, but either way, good band.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
bloodstained
UG Board King
266 IQ
one of my favourite sypmphonic progressive rock bands. why aren't more bands like Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Hatfield and the North and Gong talked about in the this forum ? hell why is hardly any prog dicussed in this forum?
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
flamencogod
990 IQ
it isn't really a popular genre... too bad! Camel is really great, I'm a big king crimson & van der graaf generator fan myself.

It's the kind of music you really should be in the mood for.
dminishedthingy
"Neige Loving Fag"
806 IQ
*bump*
why is there no love for this excellent band?
i have their self-titled debut and its amazing
Kepulix
The Witchfinder
1,413 IQ
I love Camel, really quality stuff

Andrew Latimes is such a great guitarist
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

jim morrison714
377 IQ
Latimer

I have Mirage and it's a great album. I have trouble finding anything of theirs in record stores.
Quintessence153
UG's Burninator
343 IQ
I bought Moonmadness on a whim, and it was the best whim I've ever acted on. Arjen Lucassen called it one of his ten "desert island albums."
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
grantjames
Sonata Arctica Fan
1,125 IQ
I just heard this track today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLarYtjkPRA

And at the start I thought it was pretty average. But as it goes on it just gets better and better until the big build for the end guitar solo and WOW! I was absolutely blown away at how much emotion that man can stick in to his guitar playing. Really, my jaw hit the floor and I still haven't managed to find it.
jcasey77
UG's James May
224 IQ
Wow, finally a Camel thread. It would appear that there ARE others out there in the world who have actually heard of them. faves have to be the snow goose and never let go
These Amplifiers go to 11
Gear:
Black Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass Bass II Bridge
Peavy Max-112
Various Others (keyboard, 12-string, etc)
aldor177
99 IQ
I have two album, The Snow Goose, and breathless.

Snow goose is amazing, but breathless is a bit less enjoyable.
it is more a air-friendly album than the snow goose
Quote by rock_star77
Ace, all Habs fans cannot be held accountable for the things Aldor says. Half the time, I don't even know if he knows what he's saying.
TranquilNight
Hi
49 IQ
Such an amazing band! I love Moonmadness, Camel, Mirage, and Snow Goose. There is SO MUCH emotion in this music. The song "Air Born" is one of the saddest ever.
mr kipling
Look at the cow.
937 IQ
I've only heard breathless and I honestly was not a fan of it at all.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
LucasGtrGod
Wishes he was Mahler
527 IQ
Haha, Camel are the ****. I have not long been a prog rock inductee, but now that I am I have nearly nothing I don't like.
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
2,788 IQ
I have only heard Lady Fantasy and i loved it. Is it all like that?
linfield4466
The Kvltivat0r
1,015 IQ
This band blows me away. Mirage has to be one of the greatest albums recorded in it's genre.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

LucasGtrGod
Wishes he was Mahler
527 IQ
Quote by Butt Rayge

Well from what I have heard Lady Fantasy incorporates most of the aspects of this band. But no not all the songs are the same, BUT, all of the songs have the unique Camel feel.
TheManiacalVale
22 IQ
An absolutely fantastic band, and defintely not enough talk about them. THe first 4 albums are some the best prog rock ever, and the 'newest' (A Nod And A Wink and Rajaz) couple of albums are great too. Too bad they went into a bit of a slump late-70's and 80's, but there definitely back on form, well they would be if Andrew didn't have that problem with his blood. Get well Andy! Oh and RIP Pete Bardens, probably my favourite keyboard player in prog.
cfrank
52 IQ
I only heard The Snow Goose. It's really good.
Toker420
326 IQ
Quote by Butt Rayge

That's all i know of them too, ive heard more but not enough to remember it. Lady Fantasy is the song that i would have to give credit to for getting me into prog. Thank you Camel.
StratStar21
CAN belive its not butter
264 IQ
these guys rock, they have some amazing instrumentals
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
MuffinBrain
605 IQ
I totally love them, especially their first album, it's got such a nice atmosphere without being as dense as other prog rock bands of that time...
Retardwitguitar
UG Newbie
401 IQ
i love these guys, have their first 4 albums on cd.

i'd have to say that Mirage is my favourite, a bit more proggy than their self titled, but still accessible to people who aren't big into the genre
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Limaj_daas
I N F J
1,846 IQ
I randomly discovered Camel and I've been really digging the Mirage album. Any suggestions on which one I should tackle next?

Thanks!