Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
Do it.

No, really. Who here likes Talk Talk? I recently got into them after an acquaintance of mine recommended them to me and I was pleasantly surprised. Their album "Spirit of Eden" is post-rock before post-rock existed.

Their album covers remind me of Salvador Dali, too, which is only a good thing.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Awseome band. My favourite song is probably The Rainbow. I think they're a perfect example of how a band can start out just doing what's popular but eventually evolving into something much more groundbreaking and creative.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Dec 23, 2006,
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
Well, that's two of us, then. I completely agree with you though. They started out as a kind of plain old new wave band, and evolved into something totally new.

I really thought more people would know of them here.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Andrewbiles
11,161 IQ
They were decent, not my favourite, but wrote some very listenable albums.

(people probably just missed the thread, there have been reasonably long threads about them in the past)
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles

(people probably just missed the thread, there have been reasonably long threads about them in the past)

Well, damn. I must have missed all those. Terribly sorry.
Tinykingsk8er
90 IQ
what type song do they sing i think ive heard them befor but im not really shure..............
My gear-
Fender Strat"I no I suck "
Fender Amp
Sound percution drumset (full)
Fender bass
Some big bass amp thats old so i dont no what it called...
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Quote by Tinykingsk8er
what type song do they sing i think ive heard them befor but im not really shure..............

Originally they were an above average new wave band but they eventually wnet on to co-develop the post-rock genre along with Slint.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

2xG
Live it.
392 IQ
They're quite good. Spirit of Enden is my favourite.
Fender F-25 / Yamaha Pacifica 112 / Cort MR-710F 12-string
Last.fm
anti
Turn On/Tune In/Drop Out
1,048 IQ
I like them alot, Spirit of Eden is an excellent album to trip out to. haha, but my favorite album by them is Laughing Stock, the song "New Grass" is amazing.
peace & chemicals
trev_smith12
UG Unknown
202 IQ
Laughing Stock is a classic.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.