altosaxgeek5
177 IQ
Yet again, the roots of another song are growing in my mind and in powertab. Check it out and tell me what you think. Not finished yet, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

EDIT: Added some more and fixed the string changes.
EDIT2: Scroll down to last post for new update.
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
Last edited by altosaxgeek5 at Dec 27, 2006,
f12button
233 IQ
Some notes sound off in places...or it may be PT...or just me. Lol.

Otherwise, not too bad. One question though -- why the string changes in the 2nd and on measures? If you're looking for playability, it might be easier if you go back to what you had in the first and second measures.

Continue, sounds like a pretty good start.
altosaxgeek5
177 IQ
^ Those string changes are because I was contemplating putting the major third and perfect fifth harmonies on the first guitar staff, but didn't and didn't go back and change it, but I'll go back and fix them, now that you mention it.

EDIT: Bass is present.. worked on the guitar solo.
Attachments:
jazzfunkrock.zip
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
Last edited by altosaxgeek5 at Dec 28, 2006,
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
2,379 IQ
Loved the bass line...

Kept it interesting. But it wasnt agonizingly prominent.

I didnt like bar 15 with the slides... but otherwise, awesome job so far.
Roxxin Biatch
rung gugga gung gung.
217 IQ
I like the way it all builds up, it's really funky. I like that it keeps to the same sort of sounding themes, though some people might argue that that's a bit repetitive.

I liked the bass solo. Not quite so keen on the guitar solo, though. Maybe it needs some work.

Keep working on it. Stay funky.
tabs aint cats
not as dumb as my nick!
597 IQ
I'd like to hear your song but I dont have powertab so could you add a MIDI?

thx for crit by the way
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
onebetter
User Registered
1,268 IQ
This was a really good song IMO. It really had every part as complex as it could be but it still all blended very well. The bass line was my favorite part and the only real problem i could find was that the guitar solo was really short. There was a lot of really well done syncopation, which is really what gives it it's funky feel. 9/10.