VaiSatchLaiho
UG's Only Nice Person
623 IQ
Does anyone know how to get tone similar to Michael (sp?) Romeo's lead tone?

Merry Christmas
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
Righteous
Hippyesque
23 IQ
Use the same equipment as him?
I have nothing to put in here.
Kris_man
623 IQ
I love Symphony X to death, but I've always thought that their sound is a bit artificial; I wonder whether that's got anything to do with Romeo using Line6 Vetta amps.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
It sounds like mushed up high-gain EMG-ness to me.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Hot Pants
Get Out Of My Yard
314 IQ
Line 6 + EMG's + High gain = One majorly proccessed, digital and ultimately fake sounding tone.

Love the player and the band, can't stand the tone.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Kris_man
623 IQ
Wow, I didn't know EMG's had that reputation.
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Listening to Divine Wings of Tragedy right now...

His tone may be digital but it still sounds ok to me. Its prog metal were talkin here, not delta blues. And you gotta admit that rythym tone is deliciously crunchy...
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Don't like either lead or rhythm to be honest. Doesn't sound crunched to me, sounds crushed

Boo!
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
metalmaster362
shred fan
926 IQ
Quote by Hot Pants
Line 6 + EMG's + High gain = One majorly proccessed, digital and ultimately fake sounding tone.

Love the player and the band, can't stand the tone.

he uses duel recs in the studio

i thought romeo had great tone on some of there earlier shit, his tone on smoke and mirrors (lead) is damn good
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
So give me an example of someone you think has a good crunch tone...

...besides Paul Gilbert

Guthrie Govan (especially on the Jan '05 namm gig), the lads from ZZ Top, Bettencourt's Extreme tone, Joel Hoekstra, Jeff Kollman's is okay, ...

Click.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,915 IQ
Sonata Arctica's Guitarist! (Jani ...?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Liimatainen. Not fond of his tone at all, to be honest. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too stereotypically marshall

Click.
paddyo
?
340 IQ
Besides Gilbert, Govan and a few others(can't think) I looove Yngwie's tone especially on Rising Force.

The rawness and clarity is hard to find from that era to nowadays...
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Quote by paddyo
Besides Gilbert, Govan and a few others(can't think) I looove Yngwie's tone especially on Rising Force.

The rawness and clarity is hard to find from that era to nowadays...

Yeah, I like it too.

Click.
Hot Pants
Get Out Of My Yard
314 IQ
Quote by metalmaster362
he uses duel recs in the studio

i thought romeo had great tone on some of there earlier shit, his tone on smoke and mirrors (lead) is damn good

But I mean, the first power chord that he lets fade first up in awakenings...Oh boy...

Smoke and mirrors is actually quite alright for lead.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
metalmaster362
shred fan
926 IQ
Quote by Hot Pants
But I mean, the first power chord that he lets fade first up in awakenings...Oh boy...

Smoke and mirrors is actually quite alright for lead.

yea that does suck, but the rest of the song is amazing. especially the piano inturlude
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
waylay00
UG's Registered User
263 IQ
Before he was using EMG's he used X2N's I believe. Not much of a fan of him though...
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Hot Pants
Get Out Of My Yard
314 IQ
Quote by metalmaster362
yea that does suck, but the rest of the song is amazing. especially the piano inturlude

Awakenings is amazing. The tone however is terrible.

...But you gotta love the song
metalmaster362
shred fan
926 IQ
hopefully micheal romeo is gotten some better tone for paradice lost im looking foward to that album so much
Neon Knight
727 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
So give me an example of someone you think has a good crunch tone...

...besides Paul Gilbert

Mikael Åkerfeldt *orgasm*
Peter Lindgren *still orgasming*
Govan
Satch
Vai
Yngwie
Muhammed Suicmez
john petrucci
Jerry Cantrell
Adam jones
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Kris_man
623 IQ
Quote by metalmaster362
hopefully micheal romeo is gotten some better tone for paradice lost im looking foward to that album so much

How do you know what it's going to be called??

If it's a concept album based on Milton's epic, I'm gonna freak.