SillyShoe
scrumptious kitties
311 IQ
so, im a normal 17 year old guy, i listen to lots of stuff, from AFI, to led zeppelin but lately i need music to satisfy my cravings for new music. so i need you guys to post some new bands or music(moderately new)

ex.
if you like Led zeppelin youd like the who

lets try to keep it in that format
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
3,112 IQ
If you like Led Zeppelin then you might like The Yardbirds.
YAY_FOR_PIE
*Insert Witty Phrase*
263 IQ
Give us some more bands you listen to.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Patches McGee
UG Fanatic
42 IQ
If you like AFI you'll like Against Me!, the Lawrence Arms, and the Bouncing Souls
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
aznwarlord
Banned
214 IQ
If you listen to a lot of Aerosmith and Stones, you might get into Jet. They're picking up from where the Classics stopped, and aren't doing so well. This age needs more Rock 'n' Roll bands.
Bottled Ink Co.
Professional Headbanger
196 IQ
I would need more information if you want recommendations.....Just AFI and Led Zeppelin don't really cut it, since that's a really broad spectrum of music.
Bottled Ink Co.
Professional Headbanger
196 IQ
^Uh, how is it NOT broad?

If I started a thread and said, "I like Placebo and Black Sabbath. Recommend me some new music.", wouldn't that be way too vague to give any helpful information?
telex289
Fool On The Hill
668 IQ
its not as broad as you think it is.. think about how many people listen to led zeppelin and how many people listen to AFI.. they're huge bands, very mainstream rock, its not uncommon to me that alot of their fans listen to both. just because theyre completely different genres doesnt mean anything

i think i have a pretty broad music taste i like :

choking victim -> grateful dead -> beck -> dream theater -> at the gates -> gorilla biscuits -> jurassic 5 -> nas

see thats more broad i think, mainly because theyre completely different bands
The Bad Larry
UG Member
84 IQ
I suggest Thin Lizzy I think they dont get NEARLY as much credit as they deserve they were some of the first twin lead guitar inovators
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
ahhmyeye
245 IQ
If you like Led Zeppelin you might like Coheed and Cambria, but be careful not to look at them through their singles, you have to get an album and just listen to all the songs.
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
^Uh, how is it NOT broad?

If I started a thread and said, "I like Placebo and Black Sabbath. Recommend me some new music.", wouldn't that be way too vague to give any helpful information?

They're both in the confines of rock music?

How bout some rock...then some jazz...then some rap...