Page 1 of 2
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
I've just been wondering but, what kind of axes do you fellow shredders burn the frets up on?

I use a Schecter C1+ with a Fender practice amp. Although I want to get a Jackson Rhoads or Ibanez sometime, I need a better amp .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
insideac
is present!
8,096 IQ
I have an Ibanez RG 270 as my main, and its my pride and joy. Its not sposed to have an Ebony fingerboard, but mine does..Its pretty unique. I have a Crate FXT120 amp that I dont need to upgrade for a while.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
^Would you recommend a crate becuase I've heard some good things about them and the fact that Marty Friedman uses one, whom I love.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
^why?

Edit: Sucks, good luck though.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Dec 27, 2006,
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
^Any specific models I should check out (besides yours lol, and the Blue Voodoo).

Edit: Well if you say it is worth it for the price then how much was it (yours)?
Quote by Senor Kristian
insideac
is present!
8,096 IQ
Well, the FXT120 is pretty awesome for its price (mine)...uhm. I forget thename but, the half stack with the red theme to it is awesome as well.
CodySG
Boomshakalaka King
758 IQ
I love my RG1570 !

The stock pups are not very nice, but that's easy to fix. Great guitar for the price, I think it's amazing quality.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
cados121
740 IQ
I've been using a Jackson DKMG a lot lately as my main guitar, and i also use a Gibson Les Paul Studio, a modified OLP John Petrucci model, and a Carvin 7 string custom. I run those through guitar-specific channels on my Vox Tonelab SE with a Mark Tremonti Power Wah and a Rocktron Nitro Pedal, and out through a Crate halfstack, nothing fancy, just to get the sound out just how i like it (100 watt cab and power block). Pictures on my myspace (myspace.com/minor121)
Righteous
Hippyesque
23 IQ
Fender American strat and Fender Princeton 65 DSP, and a C-1 Classic, but sometime I may sell that and my dad buy me an Ibanez JEM and then I'd get a tube amp of some sorts. Which around 40W tube amps would you guys suggest?
Yeah, I'm spoiled... oh well.
I have nothing to put in here.
P4lli
10 IQ
ibanez rga 121
ibanez pgm
musicman petrucci
scott5150
I like Guitar.
54 IQ
I use an Ibanez RG 350dx although I'm trying to save up for an RG 1570 maybe or a Jackson RR5 and I'm currently using a Roland cube 15 which i have for a LONG time and I should be upgrading to a nice Marshall stack pretty soon.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
ibanez rg 220b with dimarzio evolutions and a blocked bridge, through a crate fxt65 watt. have to disagree and say the overdrive is horrible on it. but I love the cleans.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
CodySG
Boomshakalaka King
758 IQ
evos are pretty nice pups. Great clarity on the distortion, I'll probably end up slapping some in a guitar sooner or later.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
ibaRGnez321
Guitarded.
626 IQ
Quote by The Virtuoso
^Would you recommend a crate becuase I've heard some good things about them and the fact that Marty Friedman uses one, whom I love.

Yes, GET A CRATE! RFX120!!!

I use a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
^Hmm, well seeing that you use a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, one of the greatest things since sliced bread, I'll take your word for it,so how much? Another thing, what pickups would you choose between Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios, I still have the Duncan Designed pickups and want to change them.

Edit: HaHa, seriously a banjo? Mad skillz boyee!
Quote by Senor Kristian
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
I shred on a banjo
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
flamencogod
990 IQ
ibanez rg 320 with dimarzio tonezone & air norton, which rocks. And a line six 2x50W amp.

In about half a year I have myself a tubed laney stack and an ESP LTD MH
Axegrinder#9
I pwn You
913 IQ
been playing my Kramer for 3 years now. It's heavily modded, with a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the neck and a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. I'm planning to get a killswitch installed over break if possible.
I play through a B52 60W tube amp and have been using a Boss GT6 for effects. That said I'm actually guna go with single units, now that I've finally figured out what I'm guna need, 'cos the GT6 sucks the life outta the original guitar signal.
Boghead
591 IQ
A dean ML'79 SH59 on the neck and a PAF dimarzio, plugged into a Vox avdt50. Tis great for low gain stuff. I want a Laney
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
RG1550SA and RG550SP both with DiMarzio's, accompanied by a shitty 2x12 that's barely working, a few shitty combo's (a kustom 10W, a fender frontman, blahblah...) and Laney GH50L along wirh ADA MP-1 preamp.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Prophet of Page
258 IQ
JEM7VWH (stock) and Hank Marvin sig strat (Duncan Hotrails, Graph Tech saddles and a very unique switching system), some Planet Waves cables, and by the end of next month, a Cornford Hellcat 2x12 halfstack.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T
724 IQ
so many to choose from hmmm
well i always use my JSX noise gate and 2 od's

guitar wise i switch around from my modded rg1570 to my pink rg770 to my modded Schecter c-1+, to my Les paul.

i hardly ever use my v : (
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
A fender telecaster and a Taylor 414-ce though a line 6 flextone III. I'm hoping on getting a guitar with a maple fretboard, 24 frets, hsh pickup configuration and a floating trem, any suggestions? Preferably a guitar that is still in production, I really want an Ibanez rg 550 or 770dx, but it's basically impossible to get them used here in Switzerland.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Scorzerci at Dec 27, 2006,
insideac
is present!
8,096 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
RG1550SA and RG550SP both with DiMarzio's, accompanied by a shitty 2x12 that's barely working, a few shitty combo's (a kustom 10W, a fender frontman, blahblah...) and Laney GH50L along wirh ADA MP-1 preamp.

LUCKY <3 How much did you get them for?
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I bought the RG1550SA new for about € 650 and the RG550SP for € 200 secondhand.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
www.xe.com you lazy bastard (rates were considerably lower then though).

Click.
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
Ibanez JEM and Fender Stratocaster (w/ YJM and HS-3s) through Laney GH50L and GS412S.
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
Quote by Resiliance

That was my very first ever amp!
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Damn sheezy.

Click.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
Woohoo, another person with a Schecter C1+! Quick question do cables matter a lot when it comes to sound?
Quote by Senor Kristian
insideac
is present!
8,096 IQ
Quote by The Virtuoso
Woohoo, another person with a Schecter C1+! Quick question do cables matter a lot when it comes to sound?

They dont matter ALOT, but cables over 21 feet are crap because its too long for everything to travel poperly...and the higher quality cables catch more, and have less popping and sometimes come protected against that thing when you pull out the cable while the amp is still on.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I disagree and say that they do matter a lot.

Click.
Godly Moose
Co-Producer Speed Weed
680 IQ
I remember seeing some cable for like $212(USD) for every foot in one of my guitar magazines a while ago let me see if i can find it. It was really weird looking, and you could see the innards of it.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
Quote by Resiliance

Are you feeding your MP-1 through the loop on your Laney?

Or does it just sit there...
metalmaster362
shred fan
926 IQ
jackson js30 with a seymour duncan invader in the bridge, and a fender strat with stock pickups, and a epiphone les paul with seymour duncan distortions in the bridge and duncan jazzs in te neck. i use 10s on the jackson and 12s on the strat. my amps are some old ass 80 watt marshall valvestate, a fender champion 30, a vox DA15, a line 6 spider 2 75 watt amp, a fender blues junior, and a crate xt120r. i have a boss me50 that i use for effects and a distortion booster.

pretty soon im buying a ibanez rg1570 and ill probally swap out the bridge for the evos
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join