Page 3 of 15

can you say that in English?
See.....big sunglasses, not Emperor sunglasses, BIG sunglasses
Under A Funeral Moon owns everything Forever. Unholy Black Metal is a KILLER track.

I only heard Raised On Rock on their Myspace. I might buy the album...Kinda reminds me of Venom, but more ballsy. Fenriz is awesome.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
what's everything Forever? I swear I have no idea what you lot are on about half the time.
Has anyone else got 'Fenriz Presents"?
Edit: I think he just means its awesome Phillipa
RULE BRITANNIA
every decent black metal act owes a lot to Quorthon. he invented modern day b/metal.
Quote by Phillipa C.

can you say that in English?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-beat

Darkthrone's drumming sounds like every Discharge clone band ever, making Darkthrone sound vaguely punk.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Dec 11, 2007,
Quote by STABxYOU

Darkthrone's drumming sounds like every Discharge clone band ever, making Darkthrone sound vaguely punk.

I knew I wasn't a TOTAL noob...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
^Of course not.

However, now everyone can know. Even the n00bs lurking as we speak.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU

I know what a d-beat is. It was the "t3h punx" that made no sense.
^LOL, still catching up with the net slang?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I don't want to catch up!

Nothing worse than someone 31, pretending to be 17
^how about someone 54, pretending to be 12?

And no this is not spam... umm... is the Preparing for War worth getting, or is it mainly for the hardcore fans?
yeah I guess that's worse!

"Preparing For War" it's really only for the hardcore completists. The single disc version is not worth getting: its just a best-of from the first 4 Peaceville albums plus a few demo tracks.

I've got the 3 disc 'special edition' which is better as it has a second disc that is all demo & rehearsal tracks. So between disc one & two you get all of the songs from the "New Dimension" promo, "Cromlech" demo & "Thulcandra" demo. There's also tracks from a 1991 rehearsal and 4 out of 5 tracks from the "Unholy black metal" rehearsal tape of 92. (It's a damn shame it's missing one track from that rehearsal) So it's quite comprehensive, although there's nothing from the first demo "Land of frost".
Disc 3 is all of the interviews that they tacked onto the digipack re-releases of the first 4 Peaceville albums. Fenriz & Nocturno talking for about 10 minutes on each album. Quite good! Funny. It's also got 2 gigs from 91, a tv appearance from 89 and a little bit from the 1996 gig. It's all s.hit quality, but that's all there is.

So, in short, single disc version - don't bother. 3 disc version, yep.
Last edited by Phillipa C. at Dec 13, 2007,
I have both the one disc cd and 3 disc box set, well worth getting the 3 disc. The DVD quality is quite bad in parts but if you can look past that you'l enjoy it. I got mine for about £14 or something I think.
RULE BRITANNIA
They are already planning the next album as well ,some songs have been written/recorded according to Fenriz.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by mortiis999
There is a live Darkthrone album out now or soon.

Must be well old as they renounced gigging in about '94.

it was 1991 when they stopped touring. they played a one off gig in '96
Quote by cobain_is_king
They are already planning the next album as well ,some songs have been written/recorded according to Fenriz.

According to an interview with a Dutch magazine, Fenriz has finished writing his part of the album so the wait is for Nocturno.
I purchased 'Under the Funeral Moon' today. Very gr1m album. I like it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by codswollip1
I ordered 'Soulside Journey' last Tuesday. Hopefully it'll be good.

If you're expecting black metal, you shouldn't have ordered that. It's a death metal album - and a good death metal album too, but if you're looking for black metal Darkthrone, only ABITNS and after.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yeah I got it because it's death metal. I've never heard any of their music though.
Well it isn't typical Darkthrone but it is good. Their demos preceeding that album are also good although I don't think you'd be able to buy them - you'd probably have to download them (but they aren't hard to find on the net). You should definitely hear their first four BM albums (A Blaze In The Northern Sky, Under The Funeral Moon, Transilvanian Hunger, Panzerfaust) - they are all very different (although TH and Panzerfaust are a bit more similar) and all essential BM albums. I am regularly swapping between them when I'm asked what my favourite DT album is
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I did my higher art graphic design project on Darkthrone, created a cd case. Man that was easy
RULE BRITANNIA
Just getting into Darkthrone atm. Would ''Preparing for War'' be considered a good compilation album?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by masterofmuppets
Either A Blaze... or Under the Funeral Moon for me.

Probably my favourite metal band ever. They are just sooo ****ing good.

Yep, they're made out of pure awesomness.
Quote by ninewhilenine
Just getting into Darkthrone atm. Would ''Preparing for War'' be considered a good compilation album?

I suppose so aye, but some of it may put you off at first e.g the raw recordings like Snowfall and Archipelago, but otherwise you can't go wrong, it's just from the first four Peaceville albums which are the best anyway.
RULE BRITANNIA
"Under a Funeral Moon" or "Transylvanian Hunger " would be my favourite Darkthrone album
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Well, my favourite Darkthrobne all is... hmm can't really decide I like all really much. But it's probably all albums before Goatlord... not that I don't like Goatlord and their newer stuff, it's just that I like all the albums before it a bit better.
Saying that, I still listen to The Cult is Alive quite a bit, the newer 'punk' stuff is quite a refreshing change from the earlier albums every once in a while.
RULE BRITANNIA
Soulside Journey is a great album, I'm really liking it a lot.
The riff at 1:50 in Eon reminds me of the riff at like 2:13 I think it is in Death's Pull The Plug.

Also I find the lyrics "So what if I am ****in' insane, I'll ****ing kill you anyway!" quite funny, I don't know why.
I haven't heard very much of FOAD is it good?
Bennetts_strat
Registered confuser.

Quote by Mind Kill
Well, my favourite Darkthrobne all is... hmm can't really decide I like all really much. But it's probably all albums before Goatlord... not that I don't like Goatlord and their newer stuff, it's just that I like all the albums before it a bit better.

Goatlord is actually an older rehearsal tape from between Soulside and ABINS.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
soulside sounds like they actually put some effort in to it...and is the only album i really like...

seriously, from soulside to the bm stuff....not a natural transition... ironic that they happend to completely change every aspect of there style around the time bm started getting abit more popular.... just changing to something that would be easier to play and make them more money and cost less to make albums since bad production was a part of "good" bm at the time....
but then again im not fenriz or nocturno...so i dont know whats goin on in their heads, could be they heard black metal and liked it so much more than death metal that they completely changed there musical direction....seems a little fishy to me but i wont try to act like i know either way...