Page 4 of 15
I hated soulside, it pissed me off. Why did they do that? *crosses arms and pouts*
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Other then Soulside Journey I'm not much of a fan.But damn that first album was intense.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

transylvanian hunger will always be the best album by them. It never gets old... at least to me.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
its not like they were black metal and then changed their style for soulside. they were death metal and then changed their style for ABITNS
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by STABxYOU
Goatlord is actually an older rehearsal tape from between Soulside and ABINS.

Yeah, I know. It's kinda cool.
Quote by STABxYOU
Goatlord is actually an older rehearsal tape from between Soulside and ABINS.

Aye, they decided not to use it because it wasn't black enough, but after they split with Peaceville they thought '**** it' and whipped it back out anyway.
RULE BRITANNIA
I just meant that all albums that were realeased after Goatlord wasn't as good as the others. But they are still excellent.
I know a guy who was around right when A Blaze came out. He sent Darkthrone a letter about how much he loved Soulside Journey.

He got a reply from Fenriz simply saying:

"**** you and anybody who likes that album."
^ Epic.

Man I love Darkthrone.. Along with Apzu, Kathaarian Life Code is the best example of how to open an album with an extremely long, yet vicious song.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by metal Lover
I know a guy who was around right when A Blaze came out. He sent Darkthrone a letter about how much he loved Soulside Journey.

He got a reply from Fenriz simply saying:

"**** you and anybody who likes that album."

He kept the letter right? That would be awesome to hang on your wall or something.
Quote by Cannibalkyle16
soulside sounds like they actually put some effort in to it...and is the only album i really like...

seriously, from soulside to the bm stuff....not a natural transition... ironic that they happend to completely change every aspect of there style around the time bm started getting abit more popular.... just changing to something that would be easier to play and make them more money and cost less to make albums since bad production was a part of "good" bm at the time....
but then again im not fenriz or nocturno...so i dont know whats goin on in their heads, could be they heard black metal and liked it so much more than death metal that they completely changed there musical direction....seems a little fishy to me but i wont try to act like i know either way...

that would be pretty original. becoming black metal as a way to sell out, someone should try that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
i really like soulside journey, imo its a lone of my favourite death metal albums and has an awesome atmosphere and general feel to the album.
that said all 3 albums following it are better then it but still, they are very good
Quote by Stranglehold
Darkthrone are amazing. Transilvanian Hunger is an excellent album, but I would still rate 'A Blaze......' or 'Under a Funeral Moon' ahead of it.

+1
I thought I'd really like Transylvanian Hunger, but the other two are far superior, in my opinion.
Quote by morbidtom
i really like soulside journey, imo its a lone of my favourite death metal albums and has an awesome atmosphere and general feel to the album.

Best thing Darkthrone ever did.
man, new darkthrone is killer. the last 3 are all awesome, perfect dark and fucked up rock. fucking deadly band and anyone else that thinks otherwise should shoot themselves!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
Darkthrone owe a lot to Quorthon in their earliest days...

Definitely one of my favorite bands.

haha, both darkthrone and quorthon owe more to Venom , though i wouldnt say SSJ and earlier owes much to either

Quote by MHDrunk
haha, both darkthrone and quorthon owe more to Venom , though i wouldnt say SSJ and earlier owes much to either

Yeah, that's true. Soulside is a great album. I would like to say, my ears owe much to Venom, Darkthrone and Bathory though.

My favourite Darkthrone would be Under a Funeral Moon. Originally, I preferred Transilvanian Hunger, but it wasn't their best, IMO. I do love both, though. Blaze in the Northern Sky is also awesome.
Its official....new Darkthrone is killer.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
^ This is true.

Transilvanian Hunger is a pretty awesome black metal album, but the new shit is just ****ing awesome. I've been listening to FOAD and The Cult is Alive for two weeks now, and now BFaDT is in constant rotation.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Stranglehold
Its official....new Darkthrone is killer.

Yes, definitely.
**** da haterz.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Older stuff is so tr00 and kvlt that it shits the devil. Pretty cool.
My favorite albums are:
Cromlech (Demo, more old school death than black I suppose)
A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Goatlord
Haven't heard much from the other albums though, but the newer albums are balls.
Oh, and Goatlord is a rather peculiar album.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
All this time, you guys were saying, "New Darkthone is killer" and all this, I thought you were talking about F.O.A.D., yet I was unaware the new album was out! DAMN, I shall check it out.
Quote by yoozum
I listened to the Hiking Metal Punks on YouTube, wasn't a huge fan. I'm still probably gonna get the cd, as I don't mind new Darkthrone.

are you serious man!!! that song is KILLER! gotta love the yodel part

panzerfaust is a killer album

He does some weird... punk shout mixed with black metal vocals. Its weird. I will have to listen to the entire Black Flags album to know if I like it or not. Darkthrone has always been hit or miss for me anyway.

I personally think they are kind of trying too hard nowadays to be honest.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I've never really been a fan of their crust-punk era stuff, but I agree with nebiru, they're a real hit or miss. Even on their early stuff, liked a couple, disliked some.
Quote by yoozum
Yep, very good album.

good to hear, i just ordered it, should be in soon. havent heard anything yet, how does it compare to say, transylvanain hunger?
Quote by linfield4466
good to hear, i just ordered it, should be in soon. havent heard anything yet, how does it compare to say, transylvanain hunger?

Hmm... I like Transylvanian Hunger more but Panzerfaust is still one of my favourite Darkthrone albums.
did any of you guys check out the frostland tapes they released?

really interesting to listen to
Quote by Black-Metal

Not yet, I've been meaning to get them.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Black-Metal

If it's just the demos and the vocal-less version of Goatlord, I already have it.