Page 5 of 15
nah, transilvanian hunger is good and all but panzerfaust blows it out of the water. most recent three albums aside, panzerfaust blows everything out of the water except for a blaze in the northern sky...
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
nah, transilvanian hunger is good and all but panzerfaust blows it out of the water. most recent three albums aside, panzerfaust blows everything out of the water except for a blaze in the northern sky...

Ha, well I guess I'll have to be the judge of that
Quote by MHDrunk

I still think Soulside Journey is the best. ABitNS sounds so forced.
This is whats so amusing about Darkthrone. No two people ever like the same albums.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
This is whats so amusing about Darkthrone. No two people ever like the same albums.

Because there are so goddam many of them
Soulside Journey and Blaze in the Northern Sky for me.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I prefer Soulside Journey the most. I consider Darkthrone to be a great death metal band, and an okay black metal band.
I just bought A Blaze in the Northern Sky...

Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under the Funeral Moon thrash anything else they've ever done, although, to be fair, i've never heard anything past Transylvanian Hunger (which, while good, still pales compared to their second and third works).
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Soulside Journey is probably my favorite.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
The only albums I've heard in full are Transylvanian Hunger, Panzerfaust, and A Blaze in the Northern Sky. I love 'em all to DEATH.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Soulside Journey is probably my favorite.

i haven't listened to it much, to be honest. whenever i think of Darkthrone, i'm in a BM mood. i'll go listen to it now, actually...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Soulside Journey is great
their black metal stuff is great too, but i listen to it less

i've never heard anything after TH either
I've heard of them before, but I just decided to listen to them now. It takes me a while to listen to a band from when I hear about them.

They sound pretty good.

Quote by DanRev
Excellent band. Best of the more mainstream black metal ones (Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor etc.) in my opinion, but then I never really listened to Emperor.

I always laugh when anyone calls a black metal band "mainstream", unless it's Cradle of Filth. I guess I'm not kvlt enough or something...
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Oct 30, 2008,
my quest for soulside journey didn't end well. it left an important question behind...WHERE THE **** IS IT? i know i have the songs, but they're nowhere to be found. wtf.
Quote by Masonpwiley
I always laugh when anyone calls a black metal band "mainstream", unless it's Cradle of Filth. I guess I'm not kvlt enough or something...

he was referring to the really obvious ones that everyone who listens to black metal already knows, like Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor, Darkthrone, Immortal, etc.

and i never really minded it much before, but the word "kvlt" is starting to bother me as well
For those who haven't listened past TH, Panzerfaust is quite good, and you should all check it out sometime.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

No mention of their latest yet?

I thought it was pretty good. The only other album of that style I have to compare it to is The Cult Is Alive, though.

And Panzerfaust slays.
^Yeah, it's quite an album. I have heard a song from FOAD and it was quite rad, honestly.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by dminishedthingy
he was referring to the really obvious ones that everyone who listens to black metal already knows, like Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor, Darkthrone, Immortal, etc.

and i never really minded it much before, but the word "kvlt" is starting to bother me as well

Oh, I thought you were being a black metal elitist who thinks they are "kvlt" and better than everyone because they listen to bands that only 2 people know about. I don't use that word in a serious manner, ever.

Nevermind.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by The Evil Hat
my quest for soulside journey didn't end well. it left an important question behind...WHERE THE **** IS IT? i know i have the songs, but they're nowhere to be found. wtf.

It's probably under Death Metal, just browse Darkthrone for just Death Metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
lol well that seems to be a really unfair stereotype; the "mainstream" black metal bands are great and all, we don't put them down for being popular (Immortal being one of the best BM bands ever IMO) but if you look deeper into the genre and go further underground there's a lot more great music to discover (along with an even larger amount of shit lol)
being popular doesn't make bands bad and being underground doesn't automatically make them good

edit: and no offense or anything, there just seems to be a lot of misuse of that "word" lately haha
This is exactly the kind of Black Metal poser n00b I was just talking about on the Necrokvltelitist.com forum, being more underground and more kvlt does make you better, the more like an amplified rainstorm your music sounds the better it is. Immortal being a prime example of this, Immortal are one of the most popular BM bands and what a coincidence - They suck! Only Black Jewish Homosexuals listen to Immortal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
This is exactly the kind of Black Metal poser n00b I was just talking about on the Necrokvltelitist.com forum, being more underground and more kvlt does make you better, the more like an amplified rainstorm your music sounds the better it is. Immortal being a prime example of this, Immortal are one of the most popular BM bands and what a coincidence - They suck! Only Black Jewish Homosexuals listen to Immortal.

haha

why don't you go listen to Theroin opera faggot
"Who da fock listens to Therion!?"

EDIT: and I just searched for 'Necrokvltelitist.com' and unfortunately nothing came up

Necrokvltedit (double edit): I'm listening to Soulside Journey right now and does anyone else ****ing love the solo in Grave With a View? I don't know why, I just love that solo.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Oct 30, 2008,
Sorry, I don't regularly listen to black metal, but I've been wondering this for ages and I've gotta find an answer to this, so it will be a stupid question to the majority of you guys.

What does "kvlt" mean?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by MetalMessiah665
"Who da fock listens to Therion!?"

EDIT: and I just searched for 'Necrokvltelitist.com' and unfortunately nothing came up

Necrokvltedit (double edit): I'm listening to Soulside Journey right now and does anyone else ****ing love the solo in Grave With a View? I don't know why, I just love that solo.

haha i searched too
you should totally coin that

^kvlt refers to really underground/blasphemous/gr1m/frostb1tten black metal
Yeah, it's just a really dumb spelling of 'cult'
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Thebiz
Sorry, I don't regularly listen to black metal, but I've been wondering this for ages and I've gotta find an answer to this, so it will be a stupid question to the majority of you guys.

What does "kvlt" mean?

It's pronounced like "cult" and is used to describe underground bands that only 5 people listen to. It's pretty much the opposite of mainstream. Some people like to think it makes their penis bigger when they listen to "kvlt" bands and it automatically makes the bands better.

The whole scene surrounding black metal is hilarious, even though I like black metal.
I say it kvlt, for teh lulz... urrm, I mean for teh nekrogr1mness!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
The funny thing is, 'kvlt' is usually used mostly by kiddies who listen to shit black metal like Anorexia Nervosa and Dimmu Borgir, and not by actual metal fans who listen to real black metal.

Its usually accompanied with 'you only listen to them because theyre kvlt' or sometimes 'yeah well you just listen to bands that like 3 people know, you elitist'

Its quite funny.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
i like Dimmu amd AN...

but i get what you mean

so on topic, i love Soulside Journey so much because even though its death metal, it still retains a lot of black metal atmosphere and the obvious influence of the scene around them
Exactly!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
It's probably under Death Metal, just browse Darkthrone for just Death Metal.

i did. i looked under all their stuff and i searched. it's just...gone. WTF?
Quote by Stranglehold
The funny thing is, 'kvlt' is usually used mostly by kiddies who listen to shit black metal like Anorexia Nervosa and Dimmu Borgir, and not by actual metal fans who listen to real black metal.

Its usually accompanied with 'you only listen to them because theyre kvlt' or sometimes 'yeah well you just listen to bands that like 3 people know, you elitist'

Its quite funny.

Its quite annoying...
Damn this thread has been down for quite a while...

Anyway, just got Dark Thrones and Black Flags, it's incredible. I highly underestimated it.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Whenever I read my posts from 2006 it humbles me a little bit. Reminds me that I'm not that kvlt, I've only listened to black metal for almost 3 years.