jhardcore
UG Fanatic
1,859 IQ
I hope this is the right place to make this, but they are old and a rock band, so classic rock seems right.

Does anyone here enjoy listening to The Beach Boys? I certainly do.

I got Pet Sounds for Christmas and it is such a great album. They are definitely one of the best (or at least most influential) American bands ever.

They have absolutely awesome vocal harmonies and their songs are so feel-good and easy to listen to, I would consider myself quite a Beach Boys fan.

Anyone else like them?
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
Loved them when I was a kid, about the only cd of my Dad's limited collection that I would want to listen to. He has a live album that I think is just amazing. Fantastic band, wrote so many catchy hits that are definately just feel-good songs.

My favourites:

Sloop John B. - live version is amazing, one of my favourite recorded live songs I've ever heard
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Good Vibrations
God Only Knows
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
st.jimmy4091680
Banned
1,637 IQ
they seem to happy for me, I'm not like an emo or any thing and hate being happy, but theres no edge to them.
jhardcore
UG Fanatic
1,859 IQ
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
they seem to happy for me, I'm not like an emo or any thing and hate being happy, but theres no edge to them.

A band doesn't need to be edgy to be good.

My favorite songs are:

Good Vibrations
God Only Knows
Fun, Fun, Fun
Babara Ann
Wouldn't it be Nice?
Help me Rhonda
Kokomo

And some others.
VoodooChild15
Day-Man
1,673 IQ
I don't know a whole lot about them, but I absolutely love God Only Knows. It was perfect for the end of Love Actually.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
rock_and_blues
Banned
892 IQ
I havent heard much of them, but Good Vibrations and God Only Knows are insane!
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
I love Pet Sounds and still listen to it often. But other Beach Boys songs and records were played too much when I was young and have just become irritating to me.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
linny4england
20 IQ
listen to barbarra anne by the who with keith moon on vocals i think its better than the beach boys one but thats only because i love the who
indie-bassist
Second Cap'n Max Sparrow
638 IQ
I used to just think they were tacky and cheesy but now i listen to them quite a bit. Trying to get a whole music class to sing Barbera Anne in perfect harmonies is not easy though, especially as most of us cant sing
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Beach Boys are awesome.

However, Brian Wilson's solo album sMiLe (or however the **** he spelt it) was dissapointing for how long it took to make.
glm
Banned
2,364 IQ
Kokomo is just badass all around.
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
The singing is just incredible. One of the only bands that can match The Beatles in vocal harmonies.
And of course they wrote just fun, happy songs that anyone with an open mind would love. Good stuff.
MOOSE_CCR99
MOOSE
1,127 IQ
Quote by linny4england
listen to barbarra anne by the who with keith moon on vocals i think its better than the beach boys one but thats only because i love the who

i agree 100%, on the who DVD the kids are alright its sooo funny to see keith sing, is that on a compilation album or where did you hear it???
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
MightyAl
Banned
121 IQ
The Beach Boys are awesome. Next time you get plastered, just crank it up and surf on your couch, it's brilliant fun.