dudey5691
1,354 IQ
alright, not sure if this is the right forum, but i'll have a go anyway...

i'm forming a side project from my current band to become a metal/emo/screamo band. And we kinda...suck...yeah, that's a bland explanation, but it's true. The bassist follows me, our singer can't sound "good" when he sings some songs, and our drummer can't use a double-bass very well. Also, i can't play solos worth shit.

So, if there's any songs that you know with one guitar, one bass, one drums, and vocals...it'd help...a lot. Remember, metal/emo/screamo genres!
dmw3293
40 IQ
"Stupid Girl" by Cold

Its not really screaming or whatever but its just some easy power chords and simple riff. The vocals arent that extreme too. There is a simple tab that isnt perfect but with a few tweaks im sure you all could make it sound good.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/cold/stupid_girl_ver6_tab.htm
Currently using Schecter C1 Classic
Digitech RP80 Pedal
No Decent Amp Currently

Any suggestions on some pedals or amp to get would be great.
Floydian45
Likes metal too...
49 IQ
I dunno. Maybe try Red Flag By Billy Talent. By the way, the dude who sings sounds a lot like Cobain in your myspace. Good job on the Smells like teen spirit cover. Much better than a lot of covers out there.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
dudey5691
1,354 IQ
thanks, it's one of the few songs we actually get recognition for though...that, and "TNT' by AC/DC...
"stupid girl"...good suggestion, it's morbidly depressing, and sounds pretty cool (no offense), but seriously good song, i have that cd
"red flag", to be honest...my current band is gonna learn, so thanks for the extra song..it expands our genre possiblities!

please keep 'em coming!