So let the world know

* How long youve been playing
* Self taught or taught by teacher
* The best things you can play
* Biggest crowd youve played in front of
* What guitar you have price blah blah
* Influences
* and anything else you want to add

EDIT: Ok many of you are saying "this is dumb, anybody can lie" well dont lie to make yourself good as this is just to let people know what you can do and your achievments ETC. If you want, add clips of you playing or songs that you've wrote and recorded to prove yourself, this world is too modest.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Last edited by Oasis-fanatic at Dec 31, 2006,
Kingyem0c0re
2,579 IQ
Well, with my Guitar, I can sit down & play it properly.

Unlike so many about.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Dec 30, 2006,
nightwind
old
1,674 IQ
I can keep my accomplishments to myself, while sharing my music to anyone who will listen.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
CodyJuice
272 IQ
^ +1
Cody Juice
--Sparks and Limerence--

Quote by Gemini
*blasts a load of cum in the threadstarter's face*

Always happy to help.
Buckethead5
UG Member
564 IQ
OK:

I've been playing for three years now, in I'm really proud of the fact that i can play buckethead's Hog Bitch Stomp, and lessons from Paul Gilbert. I'm 15 years old the 20th of January, so I don't have a lot of cash. + I live in Norway, so the guitars don't come cheap (imported from america and stuff) so i have to buy guitars from Stagg, but i'm pleased with Stagg. cheap and good quality. I have a stagg t300 & a stagg a2006

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
SG6578
745 IQ
Ive played for 5 years, self taught, I played 30,000 in sydney, influences....jeez a ton green day, blink 182, my chemical romance........ect.....
Gear:
2006 Gibson LP Standard-Wine Red
1984 Marshall JCM-800 Head
Custom Built 2x12 with Eminence Texas Heats
Astaldo
FAN
613 IQ
hehe, been playin for almostg 3 years now
never had a teacher, don't want one either ^^
best things? hmm... nothing else matters, stairway to heaven, some own stuff :P
played in front of almost 300 people at the prom
i own a ibanez sa s32 fmtl, i paid 450€ and 50€ for the hardcase. and a martinez est 1978 300€ and a hardcase for 30€.
influences are Velver Revolver, Guns n roses, nickelback, the darkness, a bit of hendrix...

still having loots of fun with the band =)
shooky
i own a guitar?
324 IQ
*ive been playing for about 10 monthes
*self thought
*the best things i can play are the extremist by satriani, bad horsey by vai, novenber rain by guns n roses, stairway by led, one by metallica( i couldent choose, and hey! its braging)
*playd in front of 70 people
*fender american stratocaster- 1000 dollars
*satriani, vai, slash, page are my influences
* oh, and im 14
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
devilscruffs14
Banned
370 IQ
I've been playing 2 years, self-taught (teachers suck!:p

I have three guitars, a bass, and a drum kit. my first guitar was a squier stratocaster, cost about 100$. then i got an ESP h-50 for free, and now i play an Ibanez RG 350 MDX which cost about 500$. my bass is a standard fender P-bass, and my drums are basically psp, exept a couple of Sabian cymbals.

the hardest thing i can play on the guitar is probably Bark at the Moon (whole song) or the Mr Crowley solo. On the bass it is either NIB (sabbath) or Aeroplane (i dont slap that much anymore though). On drums it might be Symptom of the Universe (sabbath)

my influences:
(guitar)
Tony Iommi
Jake E Lee
Randy Rhoads
John Petrucci
Buckethead
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck

(Bass)
Geezer Butler
John Myung
Geddy Lee
Flea

(Drums)
Bill Ward
Mike Portnoy
Neil Peart
Whoever the guy from RHCP is, I forgot his name. Chad Something

my biggest crowd was about 800
Last edited by devilscruffs14 at Dec 30, 2006,
Oasis-fanatic
UG Fanatic
1,173 IQ
* Been playing 11 monthsish
* Self taught
* All of ace of spades including solo(peice of piss i know)almost all hendrix songs all the way through, all guns n roses solos and tons of the good solos xD
* Biggest crowd, about 500 xD
* Ibanez GIO-GRX 70 about £180 including crap amp
* Hendrix, Santana, Dire Straits, Oasis, all heavy metal bands such as maiden sabbath and metallica
* also play bass not very good best thing i can play is either daytripper or cant stop xD and im in 3-4 bands xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Oasis-fanatic
UG Fanatic
1,173 IQ
Quote by garett
They do ?

yes im fed up of putting myself doing and seeing others do the same xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

TheDarkestNights
UG Addict
3,034 IQ
* 2 years playing
* 1 1/2 years self taught, then I got a teacher.
* Best thing I can play? Umm, Sweet Child O' Mine pretty much perfectly, Bed of Razors same
* 120 at school
* Vintage Metal Axxe Reaper, £140.
* Trivium, Atreyu, I Killed The Prom Queen etc.
* Don't take the piss of my cheap guitar
R E G G A E
Oasis-fanatic
UG Fanatic
1,173 IQ
Quote by garett
In English ?

??? youre english but you dont understand the term "putting yourself down"?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Tsunoyukami
543 IQ
* I've been playing for thirteen months.
* I'm self-taught though I would be interested in getting a *good* teacher.
* I'm not sure. I've never been a fan of great technicality so I haven't learned anything overly impressive yet.
* I'd guess and say ten or so. I wasn't trying to play for them I was playing for the sake of playing and they came to me.
* I have a Washburn J28SDL - I love it.
* My influences are Nirvana, The White Stripes, The Beatles, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Arcade Fire, Led Zeppelin, The Who and I'm sure I've missed some important ones.
garett
UG Addict
1,272 IQ
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
??? youre english but you dont understand the term "putting yourself down"?
Is that what you meant ? Go back and read what you typed.
Oasis-fanatic
UG Fanatic
1,173 IQ
Quote by garett
Is that what you meant ? Go back and read what you typed.

yes thats what i meant xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Archeo Avis
UG Nerd
578 IQ
*self thought
*the best things i can play are the extremist by satriani, bad horsey by vai

Solos included? That would require sound clips.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
axe_grinder247
UG's Shredder in Training
198 IQ
oh, i've been playing about 2 centuries, obviously self-taught, i can play any song you put in front of me, played at Carnegie Hall and at many stadium shows around the world, i have about 400 guitars and a signature model that runs about $4000, and i'm influenced by me, myself, and i...i also have perfect pitch

/bs

by the way, edg, i've listened to your material and i must say that i like it very much...i love your tone
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
bluesrocker101
Danny
997 IQ
Quote by Archeo Avis
Solos included? That would require sound clips.

Yup.

For me, 3 years and still going strong. I'm deeply in love with jazz theory and modal theory. I love to improvise, gimme a chord progression, any one even if it isnt in the same key, i'll dial it up on my jam station, and i'll give clips (dont expect anything uber fast or god like though). Most ive played infront of is a couple hundred.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
edg
2,035 IQ
Quote by axe_grinder247

by the way, edg, i've listened to your material and i must say that i like it very much...i love your tone

Thanks!

I think the first one I recorded, Voodoo Child, was about 2 years ago. I've recently
been making some recordings of my "solo practice" and it's amazing how much
progress I've made since then. Maybe I'll put some of those up. Kinda boring
unless you happen to like those Gratefull Dead jams that never seem to end.
axe_grinder247
UG's Shredder in Training
198 IQ
^well, jerry garcia is one of my favorite guitarists, so i don't mind
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
insideac
is present!
8,196 IQ
Im still a beginner I guess.

* How long youve been playing:
Almost 3 years
* Self taught or taught by teacher: Both, my guitar teacher doesnt show me alot of new stuff nowadays.
* The best things you can play: I guess a few songs by Necrophagist...Bad Horsie?
* Biggest crowd youve played in front of: 2,000 people
* What guitar you have price blah blah: An Ibanez RG 270, it cost me 200 bucks used, I love it, it has an ebony fretboard.
* Influences: Yngwie Malmsteen, Muhammad Suicmez, Brain from Black Dahlia Murder, and Pat o Brien
* and anything else you want to add: I know not much of theory, Im always trying to go for the hardest stuff though, I guess thats why I progress fast.
Jimbo999
RHCP are the Greatest!!!
1,008 IQ
How long youve been playing: Almost 2

Self taught or taught by teacher: Self Taught

The best things you can play: Nearly every RHCP song, some Hendrix, Crazy Train

Biggest crowd youve played in front of: 1'500 people

What guitar you have price blah blah: Fender American Strat (£700), exceptionally set up by the shop

Influences: John Frusciante, Randy Rhoads, Jimi Hendrix, Matt Bellamy
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Doofag
Banned
182 IQ
Quote by shooky
*self thought
*the best things i can play are the extremist by satriani, bad horsey by vai,
novenber rain by guns n roses, stairway by led, one by metallica( i couldent choose, and hey! its braging)
*playd in front of 70 people
*fender american stratocaster- 1000 dollars
*satriani, vai, slash, page are my influences
* oh, and im 14

Lie
Dr. No
UG Addict
587 IQ
I can express myself through my music, thats all that matters.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
justin_fraser
AKA J-Frase
806 IQ
Ya Edg, I really like a lot of that stuff. Like that one guys said, the tone is sweet. Clean guitar work and not sloppy. Awesome.

Now for me and my guitar playing. Well Ive been playing for over 2 years, taught for the 1st year, and on my own now. I have an Epi LP Custom that I got this summer and music is my life.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
insideac
is present!
8,196 IQ
Quote by Doofag
Lie

He spent so much time reading the tab for Bad Horsie that he still forgot the name of it I call BS. But who cares.
psycho78
15 IQ
i've been playing for a year, i've had a teacher the whole time & i think he's really helping me become a pretty well-rounded guitarist. i can learn whatever he gives me relatively well, he's really good about exposing me to theory & a wide variety of stuff. i'm willing to put in the effort to learn pretty much anything in other words. i started getting hardcore into theory on my own in september & am taking classes at my college. i have a fender starcaster (costco guitar $200, it gets the job done) and an acoustic by alvarez ($200). i basically play for friends..i jammed out around the campfire for i guess 10-15 people? i like kirk hammett, dimebag, tony iommi. i'd say the song i can play best is spanish ballad. i can also play a bunch of sabbath & a bit of metallica fairly well, some ac/dc, good amount of miscellaneous things. i can't solo all that well, but we've been focusing on that more recently during lessons.
let's get some f uckin' freeeench toooast!
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
How long I've been playing

* Like 1 1/2 years or something...

* Mostly self-taught, had a teacher for like 2 months.

Best songs

* Selkies: The Endless Obsession solo, a bunch of Thrice...

Biggest Crowd I've played for

* Maybe 5 or 6

Guitar

* Hahaha some Ion piece of crap...

Influences

* Teppei Teranishi, Paul Waggoner, Mikael Akerfeldt, John Petrucci, and Ian D'sa or however you spell it.
Embodiment
Banned
522 IQ
* How long you've been playing: 2 years
* Self taught or taught by teacher: On and off with teachers, I couldn't find a good one till now.
* The best things you can play: Most of Baroque and Roll by Malmsteen, Towards Dead End by CoB, almost got Stabwound by Necrophagist up to speed, Passage To The Reaper by Sinergy, Technical Difficulties by Racer X
* Biggest crowd you've played in front of: A few friends. I don't do gigs cuz I'm not in a band.
* What guitar you have: LTD Ax 250 - $799; Saving up for an ESP Viper - $4499
* Influences: Alexi Laiho, Yngwie Malmsteen, Muhammed Suiçmez, Chuck Schulinder, Jason Becker, Michael Amott, Negral, Samoth, etc.
* I can sweep and tap really well and my alternate picking is getting really good but I don't know much theory except for scale and chord formations. I'm good at leads but not that great at rhythm.
Last edited by Embodiment at Dec 31, 2006,
Gbell3587
Banned
416 IQ
whats the point in coming on here to lie to a bunch of people youve never met and will prob never see. Like some people claim to be 8 years old and can play every single solo from every single song in the world.......exaggeration i know, but you get the point.
shmooty
252 IQ
Been playing for 4 - 5 years now.

Hardest thing I can play?? I dunno really.... I can play a fair few parts to some Dream Theater songs, (but not the solos ) Erm... same with stuff by Vai and Satch... I prefer to learn the parts I can play, work on some of the harder bits, but then look at the theory and stuff. I also can play some Spanish guitar (learning Recuerdos de la Alhambra amongst others) and one flamenco song (only been doing that recently, but its going well.... bloody hard though )

I've had a teacher for all the time i've been playing... but I've "taught myself" the Satch/DT/Vai stuff.

Guitar is an Ibanez EDR470 EX. Its made of some Luthite material... has a smooth tone, and plays so comfortably... its probably the nicest guitar i've played with comfort wise. Its similiar in shape to the JS model. It could just do with a new trem being fitted, but i've no cash It cost £300 second hand, was in good condition too.

Ampwise I currently play into a PA system which my band bought. I usually go through an RP200A. I can't stand it's distortion though. I'm looking into buying an amp - thinking of getting an Epi Valve Junior

Have played in front of about 100 people at a school thing. didn't come off too well though because my band practised for about two hours for the whole thing, whch was the first time we'd played together... but we did get the hardest song we did (Foxey Lady) near enough perfect

I know enough theory to get by, but I should be getting a second teacher soon who will work with me on the electric side of things. Hoping to learn some jazz as well as looking at my technique so I can start to build some speed up and get some of Satch's/ DT solo's learnt (bit optomistic I suppose )
Buckethead5
UG Member
564 IQ
Quote by Buckethead5
OK:

I've been playing for three years now, in I'm really proud of the fact that i can play buckethead's Hog Bitch Stomp, and lessons from Paul Gilbert. I'm 15 years old the 20th of January, so I don't have a lot of cash. + I live in Norway, so the guitars don't come cheap (imported from america and stuff) so i have to buy guitars from Stagg, but i'm pleased with Stagg. cheap and good quality. I have a stagg t300 & a stagg a2006

Aaand, i'm self taught, and i'm 15

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
wasp2020
919 IQ
* How long youve been playing: Maybe 1 1/2 or 2 years, can't remember.
* Self taught or taught by teacher: Self. Well I'm in a group class, but none of them even know what a note is, so I'm not learning anything there.
* The best things you can play: Well...I'm working on Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, and The Extremist by Satriani. I can't really play anything of real hard difficulty straight through, comfortably (<- the key word for me. Sure I can play a ton of songs note-for-note [like some really simple Satch songs, Home, Crush of Love, or a ton of Strokes songs and misc rock songs] but until I can really go crazy with a technique or whatever like it's nothing and make it express the song, then I haven't accomplished much). I think I'll start working on The Crying Machine by Vai when I'm through Cliffs and Extremist - My very long-term goal is Tender Surrender (Vai).
* Biggest crowd youve played in front of: Like...5 people.
* What guitar you have price blah blah: Just some plain black strat copy.
* Influences: Satriani, Satriani, Satriani! Okay, tons more, but they're all over the place. But seriously, Satriani (songwriting, technique, theory...covers so many bases!).
* and anything else you want to add: I really ****ing love theory. Engines of Creation, Lords of Karma, Crystal Planet by Satch? Love em.
Liam Efting
The Wiz
87 IQ
* How long youve been playing
11 Years

* Self taught or taught by teacher
Both, I took jazz band for 5 years

* The best things you can play
Art of Life by X Japan

* Biggest crowd youve played in front of
I didn't count, had to be over 2000 though

* What guitar you have price blah blah
Guitars
Ibanez RG7320
Ibanez RG370DX
Hofner Sienna Acoustic Electric
Kramer Strat Copy (I ripped it apart and turned it into a pretty effective noise machine)

Pedalboard
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech DigiDelay
Rocktron Hush

Crate GT1200H Half Stack

* Influences

My influences are John Petrucci, Hideto Matsumoto, Yoshiki, Steve Harris (For his syncopated bass patterns, they make for interesting riff construction), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Lindsey Buckingham, Stanley Jordan, Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, and of course Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

* and anything else you want to add
I'm very proud of my improvising skills, my band is known is create entire songs on the spot on stage, I can play my guitar using only tapping (8 Finger Style of Course, covering both bass, mid and high range notes), I can use my right hand as a capo and play with my left hand using only hammer ons and pull offs to achieve various tapping effects, I'm skilled in arpeggios and sweep picking, and I'm proud to say I have released 2 CDs with bands, and 3 by my lonesome (Including a Trip-Hop/Electronic album, but thats totally different).

I also play piano and drums.
Last edited by Liam Efting at Dec 31, 2006,