Page 2 of 19
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
I just got Pink and it's amazing.

If you like/love that album, then get Smile.

Now.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i have all their droney albums (absolutego, amplifier worship, flood, and feedbacker)
where should i start for other stuff?
I say "Pink".

I only have Absolutego, Amplifier Worship, Pink, and Smile.

And, looking at their discography, Pink is the way to go.

Saxo-Walrus

So does anyone have both versions of Smile? I just bought the American version and apparently its a different mix as well as having a different track listing.
I only have the American cut.

I should look into the Japanese cut, though.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Psychopathology
So does anyone have both versions of Smile? I just bought the American version and apparently its a different mix as well as having a different track listing.

I have both, I much prefer the American version. It sounds more finished to me than the Japanese version.. just me though. Both are excellent though

Just got back into these guys.. so amazing!
Yea, I was considering buying an import of the Japanese version, but it would of came to $40. I liked what I heard, but I prefer the Southern Lord mix.
etna is a classic track and that akbum they did with sunn o))) was one of my favourite purchases ever
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Quote by destöroyah
etna is a classic track and that akbum they did with sunn o))) was one of my favourite purchases ever

Me too, Sinking Belle is a very cool song.

I started listening to more of their drone stuff, off amplifier worship, i love how it's drone, but they still have some beast riffs going on.
I absolutely love this band. Smile-Live is better than both the American and Japanese versions of Smile.
This band needs to get back to releasing like 8 albums a year.
That was my first taste of Boris I ever had. It was also my first Sunn O))) album, as well. Weird how that works.

Anyway, I didn't REALLY like it the first time I heard it, because I wasn't used to the ambient drone style, but it grew on me over time.

Then I heard "Absolutego". THEN I heard "Pink" and was like ""

It was such a departure from the doom styles they had before.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
That was my first taste of Boris I ever had. It was also my first Sunn O))) album, as well. Weird how that works.

+1
Does anyone here have their live album Rock Dream? I've been thinking about getting it, and would just like to make sure that it's not just utter crap in quality.
Quote by Psychopathology
I don't have it, but have you heard any of their material with Merzbow?

The only one I got is Megatone. It's great though.
Philosophy > Life
My point being, he should listen to some other collaborations with Merzbow to see if he likes the style.
Oh yeah, I dig listening to Sun Baked Snow Cave when I need a bit o' that white noise, was just wondering if because it was live if the sound quality was bad or not.
Quote by Pernell
i know dood. its fuckin awesome. Flood II is my fav.

Yessir! II is phenomenal.

But III is definitely close, due to also having classic drone elements after some psychedelic shizzit.
Philosophy > Life
Damn, Boris is hard to find in aussie. I need Heavy Rocks.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by The Kreator
I wish they would play by me, I would kill to see them live.

I'd kill to own one of their albums.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by pbiggie
I'd kill to own one of their albums.

I'm glad to have "Flood" and "Absolutego" sittin' right next to me...
Philosophy > Life
Man, I love this band one of my faves at the moment, I want to listen to Dronevil properley, but I don't have two CD players, but I have been listening to Flood a few times a day for the past week because of its brilliance.
Amplifier Worship is good, 3rd or 4th best, but my all time fave is definatley Flood, followed closely by Absolutego and Dronevil (godammit I want 2 CD players)
amplifier worship is just too good an album name.
and the little clean melody on kuruimizu is just too cool. like Om without drugs.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Quote by Deplorable
Amplifier Worship is good, 3rd or 4th best, but my all time fave is definatley Flood, followed closely by Absolutego and Dronevil (godammit I want 2 CD players)

I'll admit I haven't quite made it all the way through their discography yet. I do remember liking Flood though. The first track is all minimalism-y and stuff.
Quote by fallenangel20
I say "Pink".

I only have Absolutego, Amplifier Worship, Pink, and Smile.

And, looking at their discography, Pink is the way to go.

You should get Heavy Rocks.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74