Page 5 of 19
What will their set be like anyway? I'm really only expecting Pink, Heavy Rocks and Smile stuff, maybe some Cloud Chamber or Rainbow, but I can't really see them playing any early stuff...
Quote by Deplorable
Dammit Paul, I feel bad, I wish you could come

edit: nobody cares WBAT

aww thanks, and while you're there, would you mind telling them to play a show in brissy? preferably for free?

I care WBAT, i care a lot...
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate

Well, of course they won't be able to play something off Flood, Absolutego or the like, but I could deffo see some Amplifier Worship in that setlist.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree

Well, of course they won't be able to play something off Flood, Absolutego or the like, but I could deffo see some Amplifier Worship in that setlist.

Maybe, but the songs on AW are still pretty darn long, I would be quite pleased if they did one though . it would be great if the first half of their set was Absolutego
It would be cool if they played Intro and Akuma no Uta, I love those two songs.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Are there no setlists available on the net? Of course, for a relatively obscure band like Boris, that might actually be the case, but usually there are one or two rabid fans who are willing to share this kind of information.

...would you love me?
Oh I'm sure I'll find one, I'll go have a look now.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/boris/2010/relentless-garage-london-england-3d4d55f.html Pretty much what I thought
Last edited by Deplorable at May 23, 2010,
Quote by Deplorable
Boris tonight

Wil be awesome, though I'm probably not going to be able to get home...

omigodomigodomidgod!

Tell me all about it when you get back!
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Which probably until 7 in the morning due to the damn trains , hopefully I can get a cab back to the station so I don't miss the train
Listening to Heavy Rocks for the first time in weeks, man, I forgot how good that album is.
This day will be a Boris Day.

...would you love me?
Fuck, Australia's so fucking close! This country fucking sucks, no killer bands come here.

Anyway, on topic, I'm currently on a Smile binge. Flower, Sun, Rain is just orgasmic.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Still have to get to Smile, I'm re-listening to all the stuff I already know right now.

I love this band for trying their hands at so many different genres.

...would you love me?
Right, amazing, ears ringing in a weird way, like the ringing with a rotor effect added.

Dat tone was sooo good, sound was spot on, so ****ing crushing. they had a shitload of gear (probably due to them headlining an arts festival here) I was in front of Wata, less than a meter from her guitar, (no barriers)

Setlist was:

Feedbacker (*drools*)
Rainbow
8 (amazing, so good, so excited for more new stuff)
Floor Shaker
Au Bau A Qu
Statement (DUUNANA hooo hooo)
Pink
Korosu (yay)
Farewell (SOOOOOO GOOD)

Encore: This Is The End by The Doors cover, with some dude whose name I didn't hear on vox, they had the most crushing tone and riff in this song, my whole body was vibrating, I think it morphed into something else in the middle but I couldn't tell.

Most diverse crowd ever too, metalheads, hipsters, arty types and pretentious old/middle aged people (remember, arts fest)

I also bought a shirt, Rainbow and Rock Dreams (with Merzbow) so hell yeah

Lastly I made the train home, and was hassled by some drunks (not in a bad, beat me up way)

Awesome night.
Name of the colab was BXI, Boris and some dude with the initials XI

I was wrong his name was Ian Astbury, and this was BXI's world debut performance, **** yeah
Last edited by Deplorable at May 29, 2010,
They... they played Feedbacker?
Add to this all those other awesome songs, and you getting so near to Wata that you could have touched her... words cannot express my jealousy.

...would you love me?
Quote by Deplorable
*description of a night I wished I lived*

Good lord, I'm so jealous. You were that close to wata? Holy crap! and did you check out Takeshi's amps?
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Yes yes, as I said they had a shitload of gear, Wata had 5 cabs (two Orange, two something else) and 4 heads (all Orange), plus her speakerbox thing next to her (this thing can make the riffage huuuge). Takeshi had Two bass heads and a (massive) bass cab, which were vintage ampeg, really good stuff, he had two T-model Sunn heads and cabs for his guitar. Couldn't quite see Michio's set up from where I was, but I think they were Fender tube's.

Plus their pedal boards which basically took up half the area on the stage. (Wata had this really huge silver box with three switches, 3 foot switches and 3 knobs, no branding, or even any writing saying what the pedal did, really want to know what it was...)

And yes, Feedbacker was one of the greatest experiences of my life.
Last edited by Deplorable at May 30, 2010,
they played the end, by the doors ?

You're shitting me. God damn.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
they played the end, by the doors ?

You're shitting me. God damn.

I think it changed to part of an Amplifier Worship song like 8 minutes in, the tone was massive but yes, they did, it was quite interesting too, really ambient soundscapes (both Wata and Takeshi were using e-bows), a cool guitar solo, similar tone to the one in Rainbow and then the massive riffing.

Don't think you'll get to see it though, it might be on the BXI ep that's being released soon.
Deplorable, you might as well kill yourself now.

It doesn't get any better than this

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree

Om tour in July
Quote by we_built_a_tree

don't worry, I'll kill him myself.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by Deplorable
Om tour in July
*opens mouth*

*shuts mouth*

*repeats process*

*and again*

...would you love me?
If I ever get to watch Boris, I'll fucking make sure that I have a wayyy more killer night than Deppy. And I'm gonna fucking mail everyone blu-ray copies of me taping my fucking face during the concert
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
If I ever get to watch Boris, I'll fucking make sure that I have a wayyy more killer night than Deppy. And I'm gonna fucking mail everyone blu-ray copies of me taping my fucking face during the concert

(forgot to mention that they taped this gig in 3D, I really want to see that)

Wildchild, absolutely brilliant idea. Although I'm gonna one-up all of you, since I'll be stealing Wata and take her home with me.

That's right. My own personal Wata.

/creepy

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree

Wildchild, absolutely brilliant idea. Although I'm gonna one-up all of you, since I'll be stealing Wata and take her home with me.

That's right. My own personal Wata.

/creepy

I'd just kidnap her to set me a tone and then she could go (...maybe)
Quote by Deplorable

(forgot to mention that they taped this gig in 3D, I really want to see that)

WHAAAAAAT? I must see this.

Who cares about Wata, I'll steal one of her amps.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by pbiggie
Who cares about Wata, I'll steal one of her amps.
See, that's where you went wrong.

...would you love me?
On my search for more summery stoner albums, I remembered Heavy Rocks and gave it a spin yesterday. I had forgotten what a great album it is; right from the get-go with Heavy Friends (one of my favourites). It might be a bit same sounding for the most part, as they mostly followed one formula for the remainder of the album, but fuck me, it's a damn good formula - there can never be too many "Yeah!"-choruses. As an added upside, the sound is huge.

Anyway, besides telling the lot of you things we all know, the point of this post actually is to remind everyone of what an outstanding accomplishment Kane (The Bell Tower of a Sign) is. From the achingly beautiful chorus (the harmonies!), to the drawn-out solo and the build-up to the final repetition of the chorus... it's nothing short of perfect.
One of the most emotional and beautiful songs in this genre, and in the whole of metal.

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Jun 7, 2010,
Indeed Kane is a corker of a song, I loooove those harmonies, simply amazing, and you're right, the whole song is just dripping with emotion.

Also, I'd like to say, everyone should get the Sunn & Boris compilation, it's really good, a great mix of both bands.

Anyway, I still haven't listened to anything post-Pink, their frightening productivity (MA lists eight full-lengths in 2006 alone) scared me off. I figure Altar might be as good a start as any, and also a good access to Sunn O)))... I've never really given them a chance.

Sam, I hear Monoliths & Dimensions is another good one by them, any thoughts?

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree

Anyway, I still haven't listened to anything post-Pink, their frightening productivity (MA lists eight full-lengths in 2006 alone) scared me off. I figure Altar might be as good a start as any, and also a good access to Sunn O)))... I've never really given them a chance.

Sam, I hear Monoliths & Dimensions is another good one by them, any thoughts?

Go to the Sunn thread and read my posts there

(yeah it's good, sooooo good)

And wait, you haven't listened to Dronevil, Rainbow, Smile or Vein? Get on it, Vein isn't that good though, all the others are awesome.

And speaking of Dronevil, I downloaded the combined version last night. I'll give it a listen the way it should be after work today.