Page 5 of 6
I just bought Breaking Benjamin's Phobia album and I was actually thoroughly impressed by the guitar riffs in some of their songs. Granted, in a few songs the riffs sounded almost the same as another song, but overall I thought the album was pretty good.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
I just bought Breaking Benjamin's Phobia album and I was actually thoroughly impressed by the guitar riffs in some of their songs. Granted, in a few songs the riffs sounded almost the same as another song, but overall I thought the album was pretty good.

Phobia is probably their worst album (not that it's bad), you should definitely look into getting We Are Not alone and/or Saturate.
i wish Ben wasnt afraid of flying. it really restricts where they play live, i.e. not in Australia
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
i aggree dunjma. go on myspace and search breaking benjamin thing and theres a dude who has a petition going to get them over. great band, probably moved me into heavy rock, and i think benjamin is one of the most talented men on the planet.
Quote by mr barnicals
probably moved me into heavy rock

I wouldn't call Breaking Benjamin heavy rock, but they do have like the perfect combination between straight up rock and pop. They have the sheer awesomeness of the rock genre and the catchyness (is that a word) of pop, without being too poppy (Like Nickelback, Three Days Grace, new Linkin Park, etc..).

Good news for all you Ben heads! This is taken from a recent interview with their bassist, Mark. Don't ask me where you canf ind the interview, I just saw someone post this on the Sallow Bay.

"We're always constantly writing stuff and I just found out that the label is picking up their option as far as wanting another Breaking Benjamin record, so at the end of this tour everyone will sit down and hopefully we make another record."

He is referring to their current tour, which will be over in mid-November. If writing goes well then maybe they can be recording as early as January/February and have the record out in the spring!
Yeah, thats what i heard too. Also, Saturate is their best album. Cant wait for the new album. I havent been in thread in a while, i discovered bands like Children of Bodom, Death, Cradle of Filth, got more into Metallica, etc; but i still love the band that got me into rock.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
f-ing love them..hopefully i'll see them along with three days grace march 4th...and ben is pretty hot
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I've been listening to Breaking Benjamin for a while now, and I love all three albums, especially Saturate and Phobia, but "Breath" will always definitely be my favorite song of theirs, followed closely by "Polyamorous", "Dance With The Devil", and "Evil Angel". Can't wait for the next album.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
Quote by stepco12345
Awesome. New album expected later this year.

Source?
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
I love Breaking Benjamin. I have Saturate, We Are not Alone, and Phobia. Love 'em all. Love their name too... =)
[ takes ][ makes ][ he's ] your fuck[ be strong ][ hate ] maroon 5. It's [[ fucking ]] pantera.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
stepco's good friends with aaron fink, the guitarist of the band.

Ahh. Very cool
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
So I got Phobia not too long ago, and I really dig it. What album should I get next?
I'd pick up their other 2 albums, and listen to them in order.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
Quote by Spamwise
So I got Phobia not too long ago, and I really dig it. What album should I get next?

We Are Not Alone.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Saturate and We Are Not Alone are great albums but I think Saturate is one of those CD's that never get old or enough recognition.
if it wasn't for them i wouldn't be into rock, blow me away is there best song i think but all there songs are good. i need to get saturate
ain't they working on a new album? i looked on wikipedia and it said september 30th but idk.
I highly doubt an album that early...I haven't heard anything about them recording or writing anything.

Then again, I don't pay attention to BB that much...
The.
It's been comfirmed in multiple interviews that they are starting to record soon. It might seem a little early but they released Saturate in 2002, WANA in 2004 and Phobia in 2006. With 2 years in between each album, it doesn't seem too farfetched that a new album may come late this year.
Quote by Paroxysm
By the way, does anyone have a clear picture of Ben's custom PRS hollowbody?

i don't but i can tell you that it's custom built i've read about it on shallowbay.com in the forums.

I hear if you've got an extra 2 grand laying around PRS will make you one just like it
"Wow! he's a pale fella, I didn't realize he was gonna be so pale!" - Jim Gaffigan
I like them.

Favorite BB album: Phobia
Favorite BB song: Dance With The Devil
Diary of Jane is harder than it looks on guitar 0_o
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
not really ^^

but anyway when is that new album coming out?

im more of a prog metal/metal head now but i still love BB!

Saturate ftw as well, Water ftw on that album along with Sugarcoat and Shallow Bay.

hell, all of the songs on Saturate are awesome!

Phobia is decent, WANA is pretty good, but Saturate is def my favorite!
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
One of the better modern bands out there. Plus the lead singer has a good voice.
"Breath", "Dairy Of Jane" and "Blow Me Away" are pretty good.
All That You Have Left Behind.
New album leaked, it's pretty good so far. This band knows how to make consistent records.
I drink your milkshake.
****, didn't see this thread .

Anyways Saturate is by far their best. I know people like to compare it with WANA, but there isn't really a comparison. Songs like Water or Home are what BB should've been the whole time.
http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html
1. Dear Agony
Breaking Benjamin

Currently technically beating Paramore, but the Paramore album features twice, in total outselling Dear Agony.

Great album though, really what Phobia should have been in my opinion (other than Breath).
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I Checked out one of their songs at a mates house and thought that they were pretty awesome I'm gonna get some more of their songs soon
Dear Agony is one of the best albums this year in rock. great work! bens voice is so amazing, and he had this whole record done before the other guys even got in studio, pretty much a solo record and still kicks ass!
Quote by guitarhero_764
Sounds like them trying way too hard to make a top 40 song and failing epicly.

These guys dont have to try that hard, Bens songwriting is that good...
The most talented man on earth...
If they don't have to try that hard how come they've never gotten one before this album?

And being in the top 40 is not necessarily a good thing, and Give Me A Sign is a perfect example of that.