What does it mean? i was looking at some dimarzios and it says regular or f-spaced. Will f-spaced pickups fit into my S470?
F spaced originally comes from Floyd spacing I believe, there's really no point to it though as you can barely see the difference in size and doesn't change the tone. It's just for the extra space between strings, but Duncans don't even bother with it.
I think he means the spacing between each string such as, X units between string E and A so they line up on the pup.
F-Spacing means Fender spacing, and guitars with trems usually have an F-spaced pickup at the bridge. They may have a standard or F-spaced at the neck though, so measure the string spacing to check. If your pickup doesn't have the correct spacing the strings won't be directly over the pickups - more important at the bridge than the neck due to the strings vibrating less. Duncan DO bother with F-spacing, that's what their Trembucker range is.

Measure the distance from E string to E string across the pickups on your guitar, measuring along the centreline of the polepieces of the coil closest to the fretboard. If it's 51.5mm you need an F-spaced pickup....if its 48mm it's standard spacing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The metal bits on the pickup - they're attached to the pickups magnet and that's where the magnetic field for the strings comes from.

Here, read this...you shouldn't be looking at replacement pickups if you don't know anything about them!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_%28music%29
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Cool. So il go with F-space pickup for the bridge then. But what about the neck and middle ?
Again just measure it, most Ibanezes use F-Spaced in both positions but it's best to check to be safe.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc