Page 5 of 8
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
If you're expecting another Bloodflowers or Seventeen Seconds, don't get your hopes up. If you're expecting a solid album I"m pretty sure you won't be disappointed

I'm not expecting a reverse-back-to-previous-style record, really. I just want him to forget the generic, this-is-not-the-cure sound he had last time.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
how could anyone manage to have not heard of them?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by Caustic
I'm not expecting a reverse-back-to-previous-style record, really. I just want him to forget the generic, this-is-not-the-cure sound he had last time.

totally agree..id like something like kiss me or the head but this isnt the 80s anymore...god i need a time machine
my favorite songs by them are

Before Three
Perfect Girl
Disintegration
Just Like HEaven

and yea
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
my favorite songs by them are

Before Three
Perfect Girl
Disintegration
Just Like HEaven

and yea
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by .smudged.
totally agree..id like something like kiss me or the head but this isnt the 80s anymore...god i need a time machine

lol I see your guys' point.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
lol I see your guys' point.

Lol, We all know we need the 80s back
i have the cassette but i've yet to listen to it start to finish. i find it harder to get into their more recent stuff.
Quote by bah humbug
Anybody here love Wish as much as I do?

it does have some excellent songs. I probably don't like it as much as you in the given context but it's a very good album

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by bah humbug

With the exception of "Wendy Time", it's perfect.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
i LOVE the cure. thats how i came up with my username lol. just got into them recently, but i love them. my favorite songs would probably be A Forest, Friday Im in Love, and Just like heaven. i think im going to buy Seventeen Seconds soon i hope. i only have the Greatest Hits album, but ive heard more of their songs on youtube and whatever. i love Robert Smith's voice, and jsut everything about them. i know they are coming to madison square gardens in NYC soon, but i live like 5 hours away so i cant go. i wish i could, but i hope they tour again, because i dont want to miss them.
Quote by bah humbug

Eh it's hit and miss. The singles are great though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by bah humbug

I do I do I do!

I adore that album. I'm seeing them live in September!
I'm back, you douchebags.
I wouldn't worry, all their material post Disintegration was ****e.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront

again you and i disagree lol
Quote by .smudged.
again you and i disagree lol

You've got a lot to learn.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront

Friday I'm In Love, At The Edge of the Deep Green Sea and Open > You. Does anyone else think the The Head on the Door is an absolutely pants album? I mean the three singles are genius, but I'm kind of sorry I bought it over Staring at The Sea where they all make an appearance anyway.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

I don't care for any of those songs.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Friday I'm In Love, At The Edge of the Deep Green Sea and Open > You. Does anyone else think the The Head on the Door is an absolutely pants album? I mean the three singles are genius, but I'm kind of sorry I bought it over Staring at The Sea where they all make an appearance anyway.

Can't agree with you I guess, seeing as it's one of my favourite albums from The C

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
i have a head on the door t-shirt. its f ucking UGLY. but i wear it everyday.
I've got the greatest hits album...its brilliant.

I think I have an obsession with GH's albums atm!
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Does anyone else think the The Head on the Door is an absolutely pants album? I mean the three singles are genius, but I'm kind of sorry I bought it over Staring at The Sea where they all make an appearance anyway.

No, it's one of their best IMO! I do occasionally skip over a few tracks though. I'm not a big fan of their albums post Disintegration, although I do like a few songs here and there.
Quote by YourLastAffront
I don't care for any of those songs.

dude r u some kind of frustrated 40 year old that never made it? **** sake can u be a little more pesimist?
ILOVETHECUREILOVETHECUREILOVETHECURE
okay now with that out of my system, iv only seen them 3 times
amazing artists.
Quote by Rory's_strat
Wise words my friend.

Quote by James_Water2
Who wants to sell a sold out show at MSG and insted u could be a POKEMON MASTER

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qm7EQa-cucI
WATCH^ HAHAH
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Does anyone else think the The Head on the Door is an absolutely pants album?

GTFO
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Hey guys I'm going to a Cure concert in late september and I was wondering what are the chances of them playing disintegration, I really like the song.
I can't wait for the show, love the cure
Quote by pumpkins_rule

The Head on the Door is my personal favorite of theirs.

EDIT: Its tied with Seventeen Seconds and Three Imaginary Boys...
Last edited by WhereArtEsteban at Aug 7, 2007,
Quote by .smudged.
dude r u some kind of frustrated 40 year old that never made it? **** sake can u be a little more pesimist?

Lmao YLA got pwned by a guy who doesn't even use grammar.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by .smudged.

10 points for using pessimist in the wrong context and having the worst grammar I've ever seen.

A look at my profile would have shown that I'm 18 and saved you from making a catastrophically bad joke, and showing the entire forum that your grasp of the language is about that of a toddler.
Last edited by YourLastAffront at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by YourLastAffront
10 points for using pessimist in the wrong context and having the worst grammar I've ever seen.

A look at my profile would have shown that I'm 18 and saved you from making a catastrophically bad joke, and showing the entire forum that your grasp of the language is about that of a toddler.

ooh omg im so hurt! ur so cool, u use grammar and talk like a bad ass oooh ooohh im sorryyy
seeing them in october at the hollywood bowl, should be a sweet show.

favorite album is a three way tie between A Head In The Door, Disintegration, and Bloodflowers
^ i think the post punkish stuff is their worst... but we all think in different ways

edit: the smiths huh? that quote is from rubber ring i think
Last edited by .smudged. at Aug 21, 2007,