Page 1 of 2
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Here is the place to talk about Canadian Classic Rock. This is not a thread for just Canadians, but for people to talk about thier favourite Canadian artists in Classic Rock. Name your favourite groups too.

My favs are:
BTO
The Guess Who
April Wine
54-40
Tragically Hip
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
For me, my favorite Canadian band is Rush.

I also enjoy Bachman-Turner Overdrive, The Guess Who, Neil Young, and, though this might be a stretch, John Kay from Steppenwolf was essentially raised in Canada after moving there from Germany.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
^^Heartbreaker, you seem to like a few bands I've been meaning to start listening to. AIM?

As for Canadian bands/artists...Neil Young and Rush
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Maet
906 IQ
Can't get enough of that sweet, sweet Rush.
Brandon860
They call me... Brough
592 IQ
Rush
Guess Who
Neil Young
Chiliwack
April Wine
Tragically Hip
The Kings(man I need to find one of their albums)
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
^^Heartbreaker, you seem to like a few bands I've been meaning to start listening to. AIM?

As for Canadian bands/artists...Neil Young and Rush

The computer with my music is broken.
2112swartz
Hi, I'm Bill
291 IQ
rush rocks
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The computer with my music is broken.

you should have learned from my mistake and backed everything up while you still could
Quote by Thefallofman
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
anyone like Trooper?

Quote by Kartman

TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage

you should have learned from my mistake and backed everything up while you still could

No, the music is still on there, but we recently had to change our Internet router because Time Warner Cable sucks ****.

Basically, our computer is set-up with a list of log-in accounts for each member of our family, but right now we can only get into our moms.

All of the computer information is still saved, but for some reason we are unable to "re-open" everyone elses account, and thus I cannot get to my music right now.
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
No, the music is still on there, but we recently had to change our Internet router because Time Warner Cable sucks ****.

Basically, our computer is set-up with a list of log-in accounts for each member of our family, but right now we can only get into our moms.

All of the computer information is still saved, but for some reason we are unable to "re-open" everyone elses account, and thus I cannot get to my music right now.

not to eavesdrop BUT, that blows. Norton Ghost is the best for that kind of thing.

Quote by Kartman

timmEH
Alex Lifeson's #1 fan
405 IQ
Rush
Neil Young
BTO
April Wine
oh..did i mention rush?
oh.. i did
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by Sloopy
not to eavesdrop BUT, that blows. Norton Ghost is the best for that kind of thing.

Well, it's probably not as big of a problem as I'm making it out to be.

My dad just hasn't had much time to really look and see what the problem is, and my mom doesn't understand computers well enough.

But I'll look into this "Norton Ghost" for future references. I'm assuming it's made my the same Norton AntiVirus company?
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Well, it's probably not as big of a problem as I'm making it out to be.

My dad just hasn't had much time to really look and see what the problem is, and my mom doesn't understand computers well enough.

But I'll look into this "Norton Ghost" for future references. I'm assuming it's made my the same Norton AntiVirus company?

Yes you prob get at it at Staples or Future Shop or something. I saw it on Dotto Tech a few months ago. Once your computer is set up again load in the disc and everything backs up. Then if this happnes again you can go back in and get your files no problemo.

Quote by Kartman

BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

if you are on one account, you can access files stored on other usernames, correct?
Quote by Thefallofman
get-born
Illegal in 37 States...
2,096 IQ
Only if you save it to a certain folder called "Shared Documents" or something along those lines...

???
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
^^just go to "My Computer" and folders for "My Documents" for each of this computer's usernames are there. Then in "My Documents" is "My Music".
Quote by Thefallofman
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
*Slaps forehead*

I just realized I can still trade. I feel so ****ing stupid.

Yes, I can still access my folders, but for some reason I was thinking that I needed iTunes to be able to trade.

What the ****?!

I'll be happy to trade some tomorrow, then.
ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
No one likes Joni Mitchell or The Band?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Shit, I totally forgot about The Band!

As for Joni Mitchell, my dad listens to her, so I have some of her CDs in my house. I'm actually thinking of checking her out sometime soon.
Lessthanbass22
Umphreak
677 IQ
I used to be really into the Guess Who around a year ago but i havn't given them a listen in a while. I think i'll have to pull out American Woman.

BTW this thread got totally hijacked
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
jac_murphy
UG's Railfan
66 IQ
April Wine FTW.

I've jammed with Brian Greenway.

-Jacques
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by jac_murphy
April Wine FTW.

-Jacques

Youre shitting me. Brian Greenway is the best.

Quote by Kartman

Brandon860
They call me... Brough
592 IQ
Quote by jac_murphy
April Wine FTW.

-Jacques

haha awesome man, I met the band when they played a show here about 3 years back and got Greenway to show me how to play the opening part of Bad Side of the Moon. What happened was because their show was a pub night, we couldn't get in the arena because we weren't legal drinking age. So me and a couple people hung around the back entrace where they were bringing the beer in from trucks allnight so the zamboni entrace was open and we could hear and pretty much see and hear everything. What was cool was their tour bus was right beside where we were and when they were done playing we talked to them before they left. For the last little while I couldn't find a decent tab for the song(there's one on here now though) and because Greenway had his guitar still out and with him I asked if he could maybe just show me how to do the start, and he was glad to do it. Definetly some real nice guys man.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Jan 5, 2007,
jac_murphy
UG's Railfan
66 IQ
Sweet...

He came up to a summer camp that I work at since he had gone there back in the 60's as a kid. We have this program there called "School of Rock" where we basically teach the kids a little theory and jam on simple stuff, and we put on a small concert for the rest of the camp at the end of the summer. He joined us for some of our jam sessions as well as onstage later on. So not only did I jam with him, but I performed with him!

Definitely an awesome guy.

-Jacques
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
226 IQ
April Wine came to our town (a very small one) for the past few years in a row raging to do a concert.
I only went last year (wearing my Rush hoodie lol) cause I started to get into them a little more around then, and I'm definately going to see em this year if they come. No more then 300 people come to the show, 300 people x $22.00 a ticket=6,600. It was incredible to see them so energetic after so many years.
Rush is also a band I worship...But for some reason they ignore the maritimes, which is sad cause they have alot of hardcore fans around, even nowadays...
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by Lessthanbass22
I used to be really into the Guess Who around a year ago but i havn't given them a listen in a while. I think i'll have to pull out American Woman.

BTW this thread got totally hijacked

...It did?
Mikeoman
UGs Dark Canuck
353 IQ
The Tragically Hip rule.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by Mikeoman
The Tragically Hip rule.

Amen man. I cant believe I forgot Rush!

Quote by Kartman

ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
Quote by Mikeoman
The Tragically Hip rule.

This is the clasic rock forum.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by ufossuck
This is the clasic rock forum.

Cant the Hip be CR? Like they started in the 80's and stuff, same goes with 54-40. Who with me? Tragically Hip and 54-40 for CR!

Quote by Kartman

HarryPitts
10 IQ
Looking forward to hear some new Rush this year......been awhile since Ive seen them in concert.....I jus might go if they tour.
A band thats still one of my fav's used to start Rush concerts in the early days was Max Webster..........they actually did a colaberation(sp), the song was called Battle Scar.

Some of MW great songs were Here Among The Cats, Hangover, Oh War.....bunch of others as well.
The frontman Kim Mitchell went on to form his own band.......and is now a rock radio personality in Toronto on Q107.

Ya gotta love The Guess Who....as well as BTO...........they wrote some great classics.

How bout The Stampeeders..............wow........lol..........classic.
Full moon is rising
The sky is black
I need your call i'm coming back
The road is straight cast
Wind's in my eyes
The engine roars between my thighs
ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
Quote by Sloopy
Cant the Hip be CR? Like they started in the 80's and stuff, same goes with 54-40. Who with me? Tragically Hip and 54-40 for CR!

Tragically hip debuted in '87. By the same standard that disqualifies the Black Crowes as classic rock, the Tragically Hip arn't classic rock and neither are 54-40.

I've seen no mention of Tom Cochrane, Gordon Lightfoot, The Five Man Electrical Band, Pat Travers, Leonard Cohen or Lenny Breau yet. They're all gooders.
timmEH
Alex Lifeson's #1 fan
405 IQ
max webster ftw...they are from my city.....some of my buddy's have taken lessons form their guitarist
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by ufossuck
Tragically hip debuted in '87. By the same standard that disqualifies the Black Crowes as classic rock, the Tragically Hip arn't classic rock and neither are 54-40.

I've seen no mention of Tom Cochrane, Gordon Lightfoot, The Five Man Electrical Band, Pat Travers, Leonard Cohen or Lenny Breau yet. They're all gooders.

Five Man's good, but kinda one song. In concert they play that song twice usually. Cohen to me is boring after a few listens. Cochrane ftw!

Quote by Kartman

ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
Quote by Sloopy
Five Man's good, but kinda one song. In concert they play that song twice usually. Cohen to me is boring after a few listens. Cochrane ftw!

Two songs! "Signs" and "Absolutely Right."
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Quote by ufossuck
Two songs! "Signs" and "Absolutely Right."

How could I forget that! Absolutely Right's an alright song.

Quote by Kartman

Last edited by Sloopy at Aug 13, 2007,
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Sorry for the double post, but I've been listening a ton to Chilliwack lately and instead of making a specific Chilliwack thread I thought that it'd make more sense to post it in here. I highly recommend everyone checking out 'Lonesome Mary' and 'Communication Breakdown' for the most part.

Quote by Kartman