Now I am aware this had more than likely previously been posted on these forums, however, i have scoured a few pages, done a search and couldnt come up with anything particularly relevant. (though i will admit to not looking with a figuritive microscope.)

Aim of the game is simply this,

Make a band. Your are a producer, out to make a bit of dosh. You've been equipt with a fully functioning time machine courtesy of your up-to-date-record-label-fat-cat-bosses and after visiting a few historical places and generally f*cking about, you finally get to work. So, any place in time, any musician, only catch is you only have a certain amount of positions and you have to write a report on these particular musicians including era, genre and the reasoning behind your choice. None of these "he was just cool man" or "my gal just loves this guy" reasons.

My reasoning being that people reading can discover new (old) musicians and expand their tastes without having to really do much. This isnt a competition to see who can name the "coolest" musician, we've all heard hendrix, we're all familiar with the idols and nobody cares if you want to brag that you've listened to them for "like" ever.

That said,

the positions are

Lead guitarist
rythmn guitarist
bassist
pianist
drummer
lead vocals
3 backing vocalists
3 brass players (can include any variety)
gimmick player (if you really want rolf harris on fibre board...)
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Lead guitarist - Matt Murphy
rythmn guitarist - Bruce Springsteen
bassist - Geezer Butler
pianist - Tom Waits
drummer - David Grohl
lead vocals - Noel Gallagher
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
oh god i gotta sig that shit
Ok...

I don't get it.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
nobody's gonna have the motivation to type out all that shit. reduce it or something.
I will fuc
Quote by saintjimmy99
nobody's gonna have the motivation to type out all that shit. reduce it or something.

then we'll just end up with unexplained lists of peoples favourite bands like the one above and thats just useless. Bugger it if no-one can be arsed!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
ummm hard one this

Lead Guitar - Paul Gilbert
Rythymn Guitar - James Hetfield
Bassist - Cliff Burton
Pianist - Dont know anyone (matt bellamy but hees alrady on my list)
Drummer - Not well up on drummers so i guess ill say dave grohl
Vocalist - the one and only -MATT BELLAMY

well i hope you like my list
Lol Jeff Lynne...he did it all
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
I know they aren't going to be in a band or anything, but Two musical figures I'd like to bring up to now would be....

Tchaikovski, because he's a genious! He's one of my favorite composers, and it would be interesting to see what he could do in modern times.

Robert Johnson, because he has a very unique way of playing the guitar, and I wish he could be recorded on better equipment.

Alright, I know I didn't exactly go on topic, but I got to go back in time, so the record label can kiss my ass.. and fire me for wasting their money...
Lead guitarist: Marty Friedman-Metal-Great lead guitarist, high speed but with great melody aswell

rythmn guitarist: Dave Mustaine-Metal-Very Tight and complex Rythm playing and a great songwriter (can also play good lead guitar if needed)

bassist: Steve Harris-Metal-Excellent Bassist, great galloping basslines and great songwriter

drummer: Ugh cant remember his name nd cant be asked to look (hes now in Priest, ex- Racer X) - Metal - Very fast energetic Drummer

lead vocals: Either Lemmy or Bruce Dickinson - both Metal - Lemmy: Rough vocals and rock n roll image, Bruce: Excellent range and great voice

I left out era cause I couldnt be bothered to put it on
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
nice idea mate

Lead guitarist - Alexi Laiho - Think he is an awesome guitar player
rythmn guitarist - Matt Bellamy - he is just my personal idol and i think he is a great guitarist
bassist - Rob Trujillo - Monster looking and i cant really think right now
drummer - Dave Grohl - iMO a great all round drummer
lead vocals - Mikael Åkerfeldt - IMO the best all round vocalist ever
backing vocals - Muhammed Scumicez(sp) - for his amazing growls
backing vocals - Bruce Dickinson - for the screams he can do

Songwriter - Pete Doherty - i think he is a great lyricist
Songwriter - Bob Dylan - He could make the best lyrics easily
right.

Lead guitarist - coming in all the way from texas, 1983 is the legenday Stevie ray Vaughan. An american blue's guitarist with a fantastic style who inspired many many guitarists (myself included)

rythmn guitarist- up next would be Chuck Berry, an another american coming in from the late 50's, a pioneer of his time and music and a great songwriter, combining stevie and chuck i reckon we could get some real bluesy/rock rythmns going on

pianist - stevie wonder an african/american songwriter and social activist coming from the early 70's. He plays many instruments and as well as offering his own unique style would be able to offer tips to other musicians.

drummer - phil collins, formerly from genesis early 1980's, as well as a solo artist, a fantastic pop/rock drummer with amazing style and rythmn

lead vocals - Neil finn, best known from crowded house, perhaps, one of the greatest songwriters to have walked this earth, his diversity and lyrical skills set him apart from anyone, although, he would have to share his stage with another great lyricist, Mr Paul heaton best known for his contributions in the housemartins and the beautiful south.

will do more later...
Quote by Schredmark
I know they aren't going to be in a band or anything, but Two musical figures I'd like to bring up to now would be....

Tchaikovski, because he's a genious! He's one of my favorite composers, and it would be interesting to see what he could do in modern times.

Robert Johnson, because he has a very unique way of playing the guitar, and I wish he could be recorded on better equipment.

Alright, I know I didn't exactly go on topic, but I got to go back in time, so the record label can kiss my ass.. and fire me for wasting their money...

It would definitly be interesting to put those two together and hear the result.
Now that you've brought up composers, I'd really like to see some Metal written by a Classical Composer.

Vocals - Ihsahn
Drums - Frost
Lead Guitar - Euronymous
Rythmn Guitar - Alexi Laiho
Bass - Varg Vikernes
Keyboards - The guy from Dimmu ( I forget his name)

Songwriter - Oh, lets say, Pachelbel

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
^^ you sigged youself

Lead guitarist - alexi laiho
rythmn guitarist - synyster gates
bassist - uhh... hunter burgan
pianist - motzart
drummer - joey jordison
lead vocals - dani filth
3 backing vocalists - davey havok, amy lee, gerard way

man that would be the most ****ed up band ever
Quote by doomnight
^^ you sigged youself

Lead guitarist - alexi laiho
rythmn guitarist - synyster gates
bassist - uhh... hunter burgan
pianist - motzart
drummer - joey jordison
lead vocals - dani filth
3 backing vocalists - davey havok, amy lee, gerard way

man that would be the most ****ed up band ever

Hey at least someone figured it out.

Now that I think about it, Dani Filth is a great singer, even though Cradle of Filth is the sorriest excuse for a black metal band ever.

Quote by MusicMan00
lead guitar - Gus. G, Micheal Amott or Dimebag... or all at once
rythmn guitar - eh.. James Hetfield
drummer - Igor Cavalera
bassist - Cliff Burton or Steve Harris
vocals - Apollo Papathanasio
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Why does UG struggle so much with reading and context? Not one of you has done what i suggested and i even did it myself to set an example!