Well, its a regular melodic song that come to me during study hall when my CD player batteries died and I left my headphones (a big cushy Sony set) on cause its cold in the theatre (study hall room) and my ears were warm, which inspired this song. Its has a kind of mainstream-alternative, Cake-ish feel in my mind, feel free to interpret it as you like.

Batteries dead, but I keep my headphones on
Cause they've warmed my ears from being on so long
No sound coming from the tiny speakers
But I keep them on cause I've worn them so long

Do I take them off and feel the rush of new air?
Or do I leave them on and don't risk the dare
It's so peaceful ear because they're so warm on my ears
So I keep my headphones on, cause I've worn them so long

Thanks for critting!
I can see your rap influence we know you love, it's has a deeper end to it, but the last line of the verse keeps it so simple.

I really love it.
...And The Nominees Are
lol, reminds me of the time someone asked me what music I was listening to.

"Oh, I don't like music, the earphones just make me look cool"

Meh, nothing lyrically outstanding; I'm sure you knew that already though.

I've heard much better rhymes from you before though.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Devil_Duck
If you are sly enough you could show this to someone and act like there's a deep philosphilcal meaning behind it. I dig it just because it's so simple and pointless.

*cough* https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497438 *cough*

Well no, it has a meaning: People trap themselves in their own world, and even when that world has died and beome pointless, they are still afriad and unsure about leaving their own comfort zone.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Well no, it has a meaning: People trap themselves in their own world, and even when that world has died and beome pointless, they are still afriad and unsure about leaving their own comfort zone.

OK, didn't pick up on that, my bad.