After two years playing my beloved mexican strat its time to get something new. Im looking to buy something for around $400 or less... I mainly play hard rock, some metal, and a little classic rock. Im not really sure what i should get as i am new to picking out guitars...lol Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated
Ahh, no Agile whoring yet?
Hmm, yea, I guess I'll be the asshat and suggest an Agile AL3000...really great guitars for the money.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming. Although i am somewhat afraid of ordering a guitar off of the net. Just dont really know what your getting till you open the box...and the local music stores near where i live pretty much suck so i dont really have a choice.

Also i was thinking about maybe getting a ltd f50 and putting in some emgs in it...but idk if i should or not.
Quote by El_Jameo
Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming. Although i am somewhat afraid of ordering a guitar off of the net. Just dont really know what your getting till you open the box...and the local music stores near where i live pretty much suck so i dont really have a choice.

Also i was thinking about maybe getting a ltd f50 and putting in some emgs in it...but idk if i should or not.

Yeah it doesn't matter. ESPs are good but they were over 400 so I didn't suggest them to you. Personally I'd go with Ibanez or Schecter. A music store near you should at least sell some Ibanez.
Quote by El_Jameo

Get an Ibanez RG321MH. It has a mahogany body... I think LTD below 400 have agathis.
The music store near me just has a bunch of fender knock offs and some low quality ibanez's oh and a few epiphones. But they are way overpriced...so thats why i was checking out deals on the net. The esp i was looking at was only like 200 so it would leave me some cash to spare. But i want to keep a open mind because there could be a really sweet guitar right under my nose and i dont even know about it...lol
Quote by El_Jameo
The music store near me just has a bunch of fender knock offs and some low quality ibanez's oh and a few epiphones. But they are way overpriced...so thats why i was checking out deals on the net. The esp i was looking at was only like 200 so it would leave me some cash to spare. But i want to keep a open mind because there could be a really sweet guitar right under my nose and i dont even know about it...lol

If that's the case, then I probably would advise to order on the internet. I ordered my Schecter not having played it before -- just knowing about the quality and the tone from other users, and it was amazing. Plus shipping's probably free right? Orders over 100?
Yea on musicians friend shipping usualy is free. Sadly i dont know much about guitars i just play and have fun.
Thanks everyone for all the ideas
Also for alittle bit more info i mainly play rhythm so something that has a nice deep tone would be nice.
Quote by Bristlehead

That Schecter Damien FR (2nd link in quote) got really nice scores at musiciansfriend. Would anyone recommend it for my first guitar?
Quote by VoRzCeNt
That Schecter Damien FR (2nd link in quote) got really nice scores at musiciansfriend. Would anyone recommend it for my first guitar?

get the one without the floyd rose in my opinion. its easier to tune especially if you want to play lots of styles that would make you want to tune up and down
Quote by Bristlehead

i'd go for that showmaster (the first link). they usually sell for $630 but for some reason musicians friend is having a sale on that particular model.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
lol english plz? hahaha
SwordsAndAxesMakeYouAGoodFighter

ButTrustAndLoyaltyMakeYouAGoodFriend.....

Quote by Amnesty Please
get the one without the floyd rose in my opinion. its easier to tune especially if you want to play lots of styles that would make you want to tune up and down

Thanks, but why wud the one with fr be rated higher? Thanks.
Last edited by VoRzCeNt at Jan 13, 2007,
one thing i've learned is not to pay any attention to ratings on musiciansfriend.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Yea that's true. I mean those $110 guitar starter kits get 4 out of 5's half the time hahaha.
On this budget I would at least check out the Epiphone Les Paul Studio. Over here in England they would work out at about $500 but they should be less in the States. Normally, if cash was no object, I would look at a Gibson Les Paul Standard but this guitar might be a solution. Take a look at what is available and then try EVERYTHING out, then go away and think and then try everything again and if you find that it's gotta be a guitar that you can't afford yet...hold on you won't regret waiting for the one you really want. Good luck man, I hope you get what your ears like, coz let's face it, they are boss.