Hi all. I already have a nice strat and a great tube amp and I want a guitar with humbuckers to be my next purchase. I want the guitar for hard rock and metal. I am willing to spend around 2k for it as well. Right now I think I should get a Carvin ct6m with OFR and other options. I will most likely change the pickups to bareknuckle warpigs but thats for a different thread. Anyways, are there other guitars I should be looking at. I find les pauls uncomfortable and the carvin ct6m is like a PRS but nicer for the money in my opinion. I'm not going to make the purchase any time soon but I'd like time to go try out other guitars.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
for that much id try to get something custom made for you(maybe not. i dont know how much a custom is). but yea. carvins are nice,, so are PRS's. id go with a custom though.
Carvin makes beautiful guitars, so I support your decision on that.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
the carvins are custom to a point. they have a lot of options online but i was in the store and the guy said that there are actually more options you can choose. ive also looked at Carruthers custom guitars in venice but they are 4k plus. I saw a nice prs style guitar there for 5.5k haha.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce