Im wondering what is the best wah pedal in the $100 price range. A wah is the next pedal on my list, so.

I was thinking about either the Dunlop Original Crybaby, Jimi Hendrix Crybaby, or a Vox V847 wah.

I dont want a Weeping Demon because I heard they are hard to fix and/or modify and with any of the ones I listed I could mod them some. What do yall think?
Last edited by LuthierofTexas at Jan 4, 2007,
Try out a bad horsie wah, there about 120 but thats close. Very high quality.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Yea, I'd definatley go with the crybaby. $70 at Guitar Center and Musiciansfriend.com!

Tvis
No, the Vox is WAY better, and nicer to mod.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
my friend has a vox 847 which sounds great for clean and classic rock stuff. it doesnt handle a lot of gain well but he doesnt play metal so its not a problem for him. the 847 is also a good pedal to mod with true bypass, etc.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Well I was thinking about getting the Vox. I like it the best so far. But I like all of them thats why I asked yall about them.

Pink I was hoping you would respond to this since I know you know alot about modding pedals and such, because I was wanting something that I can mod somewhat.

So I think I am going to get the Vox V847. Thanks for all yalls input guys.
the vox is one of the best although i have the crybaby
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Well I had a Jimi Hendrix wah about a year ago and I loved it until it got stolen. But now Im going for kind of a vintage, bluesy set-up so I think the Vox would be my best bet. Plus they look nice and sound amazing.
Don't get the Jimi Hendrix Wah, It's the exact same as the original crybaby except it has a 0.022uF capacitor instead of the GCB-95's 0.01uF cap, which definetly isn't worth the extra $20.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Jan 4, 2007,
Quote by LightningRider
Don't get the Jimi Hendrix Wah, It's the exact same as the original crybaby except it has a 0.022uF capacitor instead of the GCB-95's 0.01uF cap, which definetly isn't worth the extra $200.

What?

When I bought my Hendrix Crybaby I only paid $89 for it. The original is only $69 so I guess you meant $20 and not $200.
^Ya youre right ill edit my post.

EDIT - there, I was looking at the price of the JH Fuzz Wah, not the Hendrix wah, but still, a 0.022uF cap is worth what, maybe 25 cents. Retail sucks.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Jan 4, 2007,
I love my crybaby classic, its $100
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
If you went with the Vox, you made the right choice.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Nvrxcominxhome
the original crybaby is my fav

same here
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
get the vox. youll regret the crybaby..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Vox, the Originall Crybaby is absolute shite compared to it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
How hard would it be to mod the Vox to run on A/C? Thats pretty much my only beef from it. But I know that sometimes power supplies effect the sound, so how much difference would it make if I modded it to run from A/C instead of 9v.
You'll need to mod it (very cheap to do) to be able to run with a DC jack.

No sound difference really.
Don't be afraid to care"

I think the V848 is basically the V847 with a dc power input. There may be some other upgrades idk. I would just get the V848 instead of modding a V847.
The V848 is voiced to sound like a muted trumpet. Clyde McCoy was a famous trumeter, that why its called a Clyde McCoy wah.

The two are voiced totaly different. Its not just that one has a A/C input.
Not totally different, the Clyde McCoy just has a more vocal (and generally better) sound.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah but you can mod the V847 to be more vocal as well. I've never heard the modded V847 but I've played stock 847's and 848's and I prefer the 847's more. The Clyde's were just a little too trebley, imo. But I would rather pay $100 and do about $25 worth of mods and have a great wah, instead of paying $150 and having a wah that alot of others have too.