Could Someone Tell me if the New Guitar Pedals by Marshall are any Good. Keep in mind I like fairly Clean distortion. No Death meadal stuff.
wich one is best: a boss pedal or a marshall pedal ?? cuz i've heard good things about the marshall pedals but i checked one out and it was not so good as i have read bout it.
maybe i did something wrong or whatever. a boss, on the other hand has never let me down. so wich one is best according to you?
^ Boss.

I do own a Marshall EH which is cheap and sounds damn good for its price, but it'll never beat the gear thats inn a totally different league (ie boss digital delays).

The marshall disortions are not bad, but again Boss SD1, DS1, BS2 and OD3 > All the marshall disortion pedals.

The SD1 and DS1 are the same price and sound better IMO
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by StuC
^ Boss.

I do own a Marshall EH which is cheap and sounds damn good for its price, but it'll never beat the gear thats inn a totally different league (ie boss digital delays).

The marshall disortions are not bad, but again Boss SD1, DS1, BS2 and OD3 > All the marshall disortion pedals.
The SD1 and DS1 are the same price and sound better IMO

I'm sure you've actually tried all of the Marshall pedals. I used to have all the original Marshall pedals and all of Marshall's newer distortion and OD pedals. Marshall's newer distortion pedals are much better than most pedals in their price range, especially Boss distortion pedals.

Thunder Frets What amp are you using? Look into trying out the Marshall GV-2. One of the best distortion pedals in its price range.
I have an old pedal by marshall that's awesome, cant say the same for the new ones.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Ahhh, the Blues Breaker. Out of all the original Marshall pedals, the Drive Master was my favorite, very smooth sounding.
Yeah the orginal marshall pedals kick ass, I've built a clone of the Bluesbreaker and The shredmaster, both are amazing.
I was talking about the current pedals in production though, for example the new Guv'nor isn't as great as the orginal.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Of course the GV-2 isn't the same as the original Guv'nor. I'm assuming the threadstarted is using a SS amp. I've found the newer Marshall pedals to be much more usable on SS amps than most others pedals. Especially lower-end SS amps that really don't have much character, the GV-2 actually breathes some life into SS amps. Again, assuming he's working with a SS amp, put a Boss DS1 in front of a SS and it sounds almost as lifeless as the amps own distortion.

The original Guv'nor was great. It was perfect for me when I was doing a lot of classic rock material with this one band. I found and bought the Guv'nor for $30, it was in excellent condition, even had the battery cover. When I sold pretty much all of my pedals and my old rig, I sold the Guv'nor for $95. All of the originals are pretty pricey. I got great deals on all the originals I had and almost made double, triple with the Guv'nor, when I sold them.
Quote by Guitarmiester
the GV-2 actually breathes some life into SS amps. .

^ Yeah agreed, it adds a bit of sparkle to shitty amps. It does have a nice old school marshall crunch, as does the DS1. The cool thing with the GV2 is that it has an added EQ section so you can add anything that is lost when the distortion is added.

Just to clarify - I never said they sucked, I just prefered the boss distortions.

Gear
PRS Standard SE
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Just to clarify - I never said they sucked, I just prefered the boss distortions.

Got it. I happen to very much dislike Boss distortion, too boxy sounding for me. The only Boss pedal dist./OD pedals I actually like is the Blues Driver and SD1. To make the BD-2 even better, Keeley mod.