i have a black EMG-81 but i want a white one. and its pretty effing hard to find one plus when i do they are usually quite a bit more expensive. I was wondering since EMG's are active and work on magnets cudnt the magnets go straight thru the paint so painting them wud not affect the sound quality?
i imagine spraypainting them with a few coats of brilliant white would work.

prime them first tho otherwise your gonna have to put soo many coats on that to cover the black
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
yeah you could. esps custom shop paints alot of there emgs. if you have to call them up and ask how one would do it, but it is very possible.
doesnt it say on EMG's website NOT to paint them yourself?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by senor_penguin
doesnt it say on EMG's website NOT to paint them yourself?

Probably to make you pay for them to do it...
Yeah, you can paint them just fine. Just sand them with 320 grit sandpaper, spray your coats and be done with it.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^ r u srious?

sand your pickups? have you done it?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
^owned

just out of curiousity, why do you need them to be white? what are they going in?

cuz imo pickups look sexy the way they are, whether that's black, black with polepieces, zebra or white.

i mean cumon, black goes with EVERYTHING
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
^owned

just out of curiousity, why do you need them to be white? what are they going in?

cuz imo pickups look sexy the way they are, whether that's black, black with polepieces, zebra or white.

i mean cumon, black goes with EVERYTHING

^+1, black is killer with EVERYTHING!
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I could be wrong but I think on the FAQ page on the Emg website they say they do not make white pickups.
Quote by schecterguy
I could be wrong but I think on the FAQ page on the Emg website they say they do not make white pickups.

you are wrong
Quote by peever
emgs work by piezo crystals, i think

Nope, they're magnetic. If they worked with piezo's, they'd look completely different and sit under the guitar's bridge
(I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day...take me to the place I love...)

sorry