Is it agreed upon that some songs do sound better using a pick. I was playing Stella Was a Diver by Interpol on bass... and was doing it with fingers... picked up the pick just for shits and giggles... and it sounds A LOT sharper which is how it sounds in the song. Is it because the pick is more natural to me (guitarist for 3 years) or right hand has to adjust to get the sharpness I need... or is it the fact that the pick really does sound better for the song.
Personally, I find that a pick sounds a lot better overall

Thats probably due to having played guitar for years beforehand though

I'd assume playing with a pick was just good for that song
Picks have a different tone than fingers. If the bassist in the song used a pick, it would make sense that it sounded more like the song.
Bass is my life.
it will vary from style to style and song to song, and you being used to playing with a pick could have to do with it, but learn to use both so you can always do what you need to do for a song.
Quote by Greenday389
Picks have a different tone than fingers. If the bassist in the song used a pick, it would make sense that it sounded more like the song.

Exactly, the choice to use a pick is tonal one. Pretty much all the first bass guitarists used picks.
I alternate between picking and fingering between songs.

For instance, playing money by pink floyd without a pick is just criminal!
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
i slap money...
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.