Ok, I recently got an Ibanez Artcore for jazz and acoustic stuff to replace my old martin acoustic. I also have a fender mustang as my primary guitar. Problem is, now I don't know what I want to move up to from the Mustang. I was thinking maybe a Les Paul, but I just talked to a guy who was debating whether to get a Les Paul or the exact Artcore I have, so I've started to think that if it's comparable to my secondary guitar, I don't want one that much. It sounds stupid, but now that I have the Artcore I wanted, I don't have much guitar-wise so strive for. I just thought of getting a better amp than my present Fender Frontman, but I really don't play for large groups that often and dont need the extra power... Whats either a really good guitar to step up to from the Mustang or some other piece of guitar equipment to fulfill my need to spend cash in a better way than a next-gen console? And is a Les Paul still a good option? I realize that there are much more expensive and nicer versions that it would be offensive to compare to Artcores, but Ive lost my lust for them. Thanks
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Les Pauls are still good. but if you something thats based on Les Pauls, but better quality, and your not paying for the name as much. try PRS. lots more/better features than a Les Paul.

just go to www.prsguitars.com and take your pick
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I think you should get an Epiphone LP Custom. I've compared an Epiphone Les Paul Custom to a Gibson LP Custom, and they were the same damn thing. I ended up buying the Epiphone, which was one of the best decisions of my life. It plays like a dream, and looks gorgeous. It's a good upgrade for your current rig, and it'll give you some serious variety in guitars.
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
Quote by kayvman
I think you should get an Epiphone LP Custom. I've compared an Epiphone Les Paul Custom to a Gibson LP Custom, and they were the same damn thing. I ended up buying the Epiphone, which was one of the best decisions of my life. It plays like a dream, and looks gorgeous. It's a good upgrade for your current rig, and it'll give you some serious variety in guitars.

Epi's are made of different woods, so you must not have compared them enough, Epi's are MUCH brighter.

And I'd go with a PRS as well, much better guitars in the same price range.
Dickless.
Damn your lucky. I'd kill for a Mustang.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell