Page 1 of 6
This should probably be in the religion thread but to be honest i really dont care. The Stuff I just saw on CNN makes me sick. In Texas, several muslim families moved into a white suburban (christian) neighborhood and planned on building a mosque. Well apparently this has outraged these fine peices of pure Texan white trash, who have started making statements along the lines off "If this mosque comes, it will bring terrorists to the community" and"This mosque will be a breeding ground for Al-Queda.". And to top this all off what do these people do to try to deter, childish acts such as hosting pig races on friday night on the proposed spot of the mosque. In Florida a baptist preacher has said "Islam is an evil, cruel, dangerous religion" "Islam is a cult" and "Islam breeds terrorism" he is holding marches and rallying people to stand against these "horrible islams" and keep them out of there proud zero income ghetto. Also a radio host has said that a newly elected senator who put his hand and was sworn in on the Qu'ran would "show our weakness, destroy our values, and open the door for terrorists"

I hate these people

so to make this thread relevant, what is your guys opinons on this issues. Which seems to be the new discrimination of those of the Islamic faith.
Last edited by rock_and_blues at Jan 4, 2007,
i'm sickened.

is it ever acceptable to set these people's houses on fire?

no, sadly...they'd just burn the mosque.

ohwell, just another sad truth about america. its free if you're a white christian.
fuck you. how dare you call texans white trash. you are acting just as bad as they are.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
There are two types of Islam. Normal and Radical. Radical is where it gets bad, as long as you are not a radical, you should not be discriminated against. Those people in Texas are just scared of radical Islam and haven't learned that there is a difference between the two. It's probably just because they haven't been around very many Muslims in their lives, so all they know is what they see on TV, which is radicals.
Quote by ibanez_rocker
fuck you. how dare you call texans white trash. you are acting just as bad as they are.

well i suppose you should have seen it, because there was no denying what those people were, which is exactly what i called them

im sorry you have a problem with the truth
Quote by ibanez_rocker

He didn't say ALL texans, he specifally refrenced a group of them.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
The saddest part of it all is that they don't realise that these comments are the things that breed terrorism.

Although I'll admit I was once quite worried quite soon after the London bombings when I was sitting on the tube coming home next to an Islamic man reading a holy book with a briefcase on his lap. I don't have a problem with religious people, I think all religions are ridiculous, but those Texans are idiots and the problem with the World.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Isn't freedom of religion great? I love how innocent people who just want to practice their beliefs are automatically terrorists. Ignorant sh*theads like these make me sick.
**** you. how dare you call texans white trash. you are acting just as bad as they are

no he isn't, asshole.

"breeding ground for terrorists"? holy crap, i hate those discriminative morons
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

Quote by Voodoo_Chile42
Go build a synagogue in Palestine.

it'll be the same way.

your point?

doesnt make this ok.
i work with many muslim people and i think they are all nice people, but most of them are canadianized. but working in a multicultural community so many of them are incredibly ignorant and rude. but why the hell would they move into an all white community and build a mosque? thats rediculous. they should be thankful that we let them into our countries to be safe in the first place. they shouldnt go around changing communities. what if we all moved into their community and built a giant church. what would they say?
RX Queen
I wonder if they realise that comments like that make them religious extremists, almost like Al-Quaida(sp?).

Religion has no place in civilised society. In my personal opinion.
that makes me sick too.

pretty much all i have to say.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
how is it that you don't know the difference between suburbanites and white trash. White trash live in trailer houses and shanty-towns. Most suburbanites are colleged educated.
Just remember, the news is only going to show you the wackos.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I hate people like this. I got into a very strong argument with some moron at school about this. I believe his exact words were "Fact: There can be no peace with the Muslim religion". I proceeded to tell him that Muslim isn't a religion, and that he's an ignorant **** who knows absolutely nothing about anything.

These kinds of people piss me off.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

That kind of stuff sickens me. It's terrible how a religion can be maligned with terrorism like this, just because of a few extremists. We act as if Christians, Jews, or members of any religion are incapable of plotting and executing terrorist attacks. I recently read an article about Islam that cleared a lot of things up for me, such as the true meaning of jihad, and now I see how wrong our prejudices are.

On a humorous note...

Actually, its not discrimination that breeds terrorism at all. Extremists are the KINGS of discrimination. A man in Afghanistan was going to be put to death for converting to Christianity, he might have already been killed by now, I don't know. What makes them extremists is the fact that they (the extremists, not peaceful Muslims) don't like the fact that people in America have freedom and can do things that they considers sins and immoral such as have a lot of sex, use a lot of drugs, etc. They attack us to try to get us to stop or just to attack us for sinning or being of a different religion.
Islam is disgusting. All around the world islamists protest and kill. Its like those cartoons from a little while back, Islamists just proved the cartoons correct by protesting so much and killing. I think if the pope said Islam is an angry and violent religion and unforgiving. The Islamists would protest and kill and never realize the irony of it.

Now you may say those are the radicals. But it seems to me there are a fucking huge number of them. And anyways, even the ones who don't personally participate in the violence don't do a thing against it. They say Islam is a religion of peace but those who don't join the violence never seem to say. Those other muslims, I think what they are doing is wrong and they aren't real muslims. They stay silent and let if fly.

While the reaction to the building of the mosque may have been stupid, its not stupider than Islam as a whole.
That makes me mad.

I'm a Christian, and I find myself more and more disgusted with the way a lot (but not all) other Christians act. This would be one of those times.

Quote by bnull24
There are two types of Islam. Normal and Radical. Radical is where it gets bad, as long as you are not a radical, you should not be discriminated against. Those people in Texas are just scared of radical Islam and haven't learned that there is a difference between the two. It's probably just because they haven't been around very many Muslims in their lives, so all they know is what they see on TV, which is radicals.

Yup, pretty much.
METALLICA.
Can we call the people that did this something other than Texans? That's just stirring up more stereotypes, which is where this all startedin the first place.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by zepp_girl*
i work with many muslim people and i think they are all nice people, but most of them are canadianized. but working in a multicultural community so many of them are incredibly ignorant and rude. but why the hell would they move into an all white community and build a mosque? thats rediculous. they should be thankful that we let them into our countries to be safe in the first place. they shouldnt go around changing communities. what if we all moved into their community and built a giant church. what would they say?

maybe they moved in because they have the right to, without having to worry about discrimination...ya know the whole freedom of religion works both ways, and why should race matter as to where they go, they shouldnt have to worry about being treated like enemies of the state. and to be honest all the muslims i know are open and peaceful peopleand wouldnt care if christians moved into their neighborhood.

and go ahead and say "well theyre are some muslims out there who are radicals" because your right. there are. muslims do not deny it. but i think christians have a problem accepting that there are millions of right winged christian militias who do things just as bad as islamic terrorists (timothy mcvegh (sp) anyone?)
America...FTL
Quote by neidnarb11890
Isn't freedom of religion great?

W00t! Freedom of religion rocks!

But as we all know, when our founding fathers said "freedom of religion," what they meant was "freedom of Christianity, but nothing else, because other religions are evil and want to eat our babies." The only way to counter bad Islam extremism is with good Christian extremism. EVERYONE GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS! WE'S HAVIN' US A RIOT![/sarcasm]

I can't believe there are people who actually believe all these things about Islam. If anything, they're more likely to act like terrorists toward the Muslims than the Muslims toward them.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Can we call the people that did this something other than Texans? That's just stirring up more stereotypes, which is where this all startedin the first place.

i think calling them pieces of shit would be fair enough.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

Quote by zepp_girl*

They wouldn't mind, as long as they are not radical, because the Qur'an accepts Christianity and Judaism as holy religions as well. Muhammad said that the Bible and Torah were simply interpretations of Gods word.

Now you may say those are the radicals. But it seems to me there are a fucking huge number of them. And anyways, even the ones who don't personally participate in the violence don't do a thing against it. They say Islam is a religion of peace but those who don't join the violence never seem to say. Those other muslims, I think what they are doing is wrong and they aren't real muslims. They stay silent and let if fly.
Christianity and the Crusades/Inquisition come to mind.
Islam is disgusting. All around the world islamists protest and kill. Its like those cartoons from a little while back, Islamists just proved the cartoons correct by protesting so much and killing. I think if the pope said Islam is an angry and violent religion and unforgiving. The Islamists would protest and kill and never realize the irony of it.

While the reaction to the building of the mosque may have been stupid, its not stupider than Islam as a whole.

What would a non-radical Muslim do to stop the radical ones? Honestly, the extremists are men on a mission, willing to give their lives for a cause. How are the honest, everyday Muslims supposed to contribute to stopping them?

"OK, guys, go for his legs!"
Quote by Dirge Humani
Christianity and the Crusades/Inquisition come to mind.

Let's not forget Malleus Maleficarum
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote by AlexInChains
What would a non-radical Muslim do to stop the radical ones? Honestly, the extremists are men on a mission, willing to give their lives for a cause. How are the honest, everyday Muslims supposed to contribute to stopping them?

"OK, guys, go for his legs!"

They don't need to try to stop them. Just show that they do not approve of Muslims who are violent and stupid.

Congratulations! You're an idiot!

You obviously have a very distorted view of Islam.

And believe it or not, other religions have extremists that are just as violent as those of Islam. Ever heard of the crusades? No? Of course not.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by bushwhacked
They don't need to try to stop them. Just show that they do not approve of Muslims who are violent and stupid.

They do, but it's hard to make it onto the mainstream news unless you're blowing something up.

Uh..okay, Supose a group of white catholic texans moved into a heavily Muslim community. They opened up a church.

How do you think the Muslim community would act? I imagine similar tbh...Otherwise, why doesnt that happen? I can't imagine their being a group of Texans thinking. I want to live in the Middle East and open a church there. Why not?
Quote by bushwhacked

But I disagree with the fact that most muslims support the extremist cause. I have many friends that are muslim, and they aren't the happiest bunch when people make terrorist jokes. To say that all followers of Islam support terrorism is a gross overstatement.
Quote by CraigKing
Uh..okay, Supose a group of white catholic texans moved into a heavily Muslim community. They opened up a church.

How do you think the Muslim community would act? I imagine similar tbh...Otherwise, why doesnt that happen? I can't imagine their being a group of Texans thinking. I want to live in the Middle East and open a church there. Why not?

Read my post a bit up please...Muslims accept the Bible to be a distorted view of the words of God(Allah, whatever), so they would have no problem.

because the Ku Klux Klan, the Aryan National Front, the 4th Reich, and other extremist CHRISTIAN groups are so much better. with all religions there are radicals...i find it ironic that you call them disgusting when Christianity has done much worse things (lemme see...theres the Crusades...the Inquisition...Salem Witch Hunts...Slavery.... and of course the all popular Holocaust)

maybe if you actually went outside what youve been forced fed all your life and actually read up on other religions, you realize that islam is a religion of peace...radical islam isnt.
Quote by rock_and_blues
America...FTL

I was waiting for some moron to say that. Might as well say Islam FTL. A small minority of both do bad things.
Quote by bnull24
There are two types of Islam. Normal and Radical.

Correction: There are two types of religious groups, normal and radical.
Quote by Leonheart
I was waiting for some moron to say that. Might as well say Islam FTL. A small minority of both do bad things.

And that is how it always has been, and how it will continue to be. A small fraction of a given group gives the everyone else a bad name, and thus everyone is dragged down on that slippery slope into prejudice.
kill the racist assholes in the world = problem solved
Quote by insideac
Think of it like this, if a lesbian were truly a lesbian, then why would they use dildos and vibrators?

LOLOLOLOL!