hey guys im confused n00b style i wanna drop d tune so its 1 and a half step down but d to e because thats more then 1 and a half down please help
?
d to e is one step
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Saint-Jimmy
hey guys im confused n00b style i wanna drop d tune so its 1 and a half step down but d to e because thats more then 1 and a half down please help

tuning a half step down isn't the same thing as drop D

Drop D =

DADGBE

you tune your low E down to a D

edit: Oh, and people (noobs) stop using that smiley (the grin/angry one)

you don't use it correctly
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
You want dropped D flat? Drop your low E string to D, then drop it all down a half step...
do you mean drop d, then down a step and a half? you didn't explain youself very well... if that's what you mean, your strings should be (from high to low): c#, G#, E, B, F#, B
Quote by CorkHunter
nah drop d is DADGBE

yeah, but when you put it down another step and a half it ends up like what I posted, although I'm still not completely sure what the thread starter meant in his post
yeh it is a bit confusing aye :P

he said he wants drop D but he's talking about going from D to E..

that confused me
ok i wanna play before i forget by slipknot i know what drop d tuning is but it says to change all the strings 1 1/2 steps down : B F# B E G# C#

thats what it sais ??
Quote by Saint-Jimmy
ok i wanna play before i forget by slipknot i know what drop d tuning is but it says to change all the strings 1 1/2 steps down : B F# B E G# C#

thats what it sais ??

Uh then its just wrong.

Sais.... come on

Dude....learn notes
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
yeah tune your guitar to B F# B E G# C#
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by CorkHunter
ah k, now i get some sense, B, F#, B, E, G#, C thats what u should end up with

im stupid lol B, F#, B, E, G#, C# sorry
Quote by CorkHunter
im stupid lol B, F#, B, E, G#, C# sorry

isnt this 2 1/2 steps down. not 1 1/2?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
"Drop B:
Low E gets droped two and half steps, all other strings get dropped one and half steps"

ok now that makes sense
Quote by brandooon
Quote by Woogles
isnt this 2 1/2 steps down. not 1 1/2?

No, the bottom string is 2.5 steps down from standard, but the rest is 1.5. It's drop-D 1.5 steps down.
a drop tuning means ur just droping ur top string down to the note of the drop tuning ex: drop D = DADGBe or drop C = CGCFAd
All you do is match pitch with the 4th string, which is also a D if you have it in standard tunings...EADGBE, Make it DADGBE, i think thats what you're talking about.
*whispers*wats his guy on about.....?????????drop d id DADGBE but aer u lookin for Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb?
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
o ye if ya didnt know u gonna need some HEAVY strings
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
lmao its just a wrong tab and yes im not a dumbass i know what drop d is i use it all the time lol even though i may sound like a noob but no. the tab says drop d but noooo its not so dont say i dont know that im talking about
Quote by hamish5178
tuning a half step down isn't the same thing as drop D

Drop D =

DADGBE

you tune your low E down to a D

edit: Oh, and people (noobs) stop using that smiley (the grin/angry one)

you don't use it correctly

What are you talking about?
I'm back, you douchebags.
tuning is like this, D,A,D,G,B,E or minus 2 fret all of the standard tuned strings.sorry, I really cant get what kind of tuning do u want.
Helow! I'm just new here... a left-handed guitarist.... idolizes Zacky Vengeance of A7X....
It's annoying how people enter the thread, disregard all replies and then add: I don't know. Useful!
Don't need a tuner, just tune it to the D string, only down an octave. To go back up to E, play an E on the D string, and bring it back up.

I discovered tonight that it's really hard to tune with the guitar running through a chorus pedal, should have been a no-brainer I suppose. I wonder how accurately I can tune with the tremelo on.