Hey All, i was just wonderin what style you play. Lead, Rythm, or both. I play both, depending on how hard the solo is. at first i tried rythm but it got kinda borin so i moved onto lead.
whichever is takes to play the song i guess
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Lead/Rhythm - I do the vocals as well, it depends on how I write the song.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by RawrDemon
Both, because I'm not in a god damn band.

Playing out of my room is depressing.

I like rhythm, because its easier for me to sing when I play rhythm

and I just enjoy it more, I dont know why
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
It depends on what Im playing. But Im pretty much into both. When Im in jazz band it has to be rhythm(Because Im in the rhythm section:P) But when Im jamming with friends I try to worthlessly shred.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
i play both cuz im the only guitarist in my band right now
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
i think most of us play both, but i've been focusing a lot on rhythm lately. once you get into jazz and stuff you realize its a lot more than what you might think. for example, there are two "h"s.
Bass.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
both because I'm the only guitarist in my band.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I can play either, and I mix both when I play in my room. When I play live, I much prefer lead, because I'm usually the most skilled and/or only guitarist around. Not to mention that I enjoy showing off some soloing skills for a crowd.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
I mainly stick to low-end rythm.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
i prefer lead, i just like to sit back and solo while someone else is doin rhythm. i find that fun.
Quote by hamish5178
I like rhythm, because its easier for me to sing when I play rhythm

and I just enjoy it more, I dont know why

same...but me and my fellow guitarist split the solos and leads, so i play both...i enjoy lead a bit more though, it's just fun to solo and do leads...but...well, we split them, so it's fair
both but when i play with friends rhythm depends which friends
Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock

Spider 3 30

First Act M2A 110

Some crappy First Act Guitar
Quote by RawrDemon

Lol
seconded....
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I play both, and any one who says they only play lead is a liar. Do you mean to tell me that every song you ever play or write has you constatly soloing?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I'm finding in recent weeks that I'm gradually favoring rhythm. I guess I started to like it more after seeing Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes kick ass when I saw them in November and realizing what a great rhythm guitarist he was.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by Metalsmack355
Hey All, i was just wonderin what style you play. Lead, Rythm, or both. I play both, depending on how hard the solo is. at first i tried rythm but it got kinda borin so i moved onto lead.

rhythm is boring when you play rock.

learn jazz, you'll barely keep up.
lead guitar that plays rhythm parts as well. my other guitarist doesn't do much.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Rhythm all the way. It's much more important than leads. It kind of blows when a song has a shit rhythm but an awesome lead. That's why Necrophagist kicks ass.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
I play in a balls-out guitar band, so we alternate in the middle of songs.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Soloing is cool, but man, when you lay down those skull-crushing, backbone-breaking, non-profit-organization-decimating riffs, that's where it's at.
ANDRE THE GIANT HAS A POSSE

Peace (sells)
Rhythm for sho!

Personally, all the lead stuff just goes in one ear and out the other. I just can't comprehend scales and modes. If I come up with a riff, and it sounds nice...then fuck musical rules. As long as it sounds good to the band.

Of course, that's why there's two guitarists
It all depends on how me and the other guitarist in our band are feeling. If someone wants to rip a solo, fine, the other one can take over the Rhythm, or maybe we both just want to play it straight, so be it. I usually only take lead if I feel a really good solo coming on, which isn't all that often, but it's good enough, I like my solos to mean something.

Damn, now I'll have to try to get some Dual-Lead stuff going on, sounds fun.
I think if I was in a band, I'd probably play rhythm, but I enjoy doing both. I especially like songs that are for one guitar but switch back and forth, or a really rhythmic and funky lead part, instead of just running up scales.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by RawrDemon

+1.

I think it was Jimmy Page who did the same, didn't have any mates, so learned how to play lead and rhythm at the same time.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
RYTHEM by far, you dont need to be that great guitarist and stiil get the chicks
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.