ok so ive been playing for about a year...i can read tabs and play songs and shittt like that...the simpler stuff...i can play alot of coheed and cambria, beings taht they are ny favorite banddd...but recently ive been amazed at the fact of watching people just jamm over some chordss and it looking fun....i wanna leran to solo/improv...pleae help me...tell me what to dooooo.ive tried learning some scales...but it just seems like nothing flows togetherrr..explainnnnnnnn
Improvisation always works best with more than one person, so if you can do that have someone do rhythm guitar (just playing a chord progression over and over). If you can't, then record yourself doing the rhythm part and then just start playing scales over that. You'll start to work with the song and begin soloing over that chord progression once you start to really feel the song.
New Rush album in 2007! Can't wait!
There's also lots of backing tracks you can download. Learn the basic blues scale pattern, then download a 12 bar blues backing - you can then solo over that using the blues scale of whichever key it is.

www.guitarbt.com
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
When you do start learning scales, don't just learn them in one position, learn them all over the neck, it'll take time, but it's worth the extra effort
try simple solo's like nirvana smell like teen spirit , MCR's solo are easy after some practise basely the main point to soloing is PRACTISE first u break the parts up into many diff many making it easiler to remeber then SLOWLY practise each part until u're good at the parts then play them together tat's wad i do and tats wad my teacher taught me ..
Learning particular solos is no help when it comes to learning HOW to solo, if anything it's more of a hindrance. The best way to do it is learn the basic principles of how solos work, get some basic improvisational techniques, then learn particular solos so you can see how people use those techniques.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by episg4
ok so ive been playing for about a year...i can read tabs and play songs and shittt like that...the simpler stuff...i can play alot of coheed and cambria, beings taht they are ny favorite banddd...but recently ive been amazed at the fact of watching people just jamm over some chordss and it looking fun....i wanna leran to solo/improv...pleae help me...tell me what to dooooo.ive tried learning some scales...but it just seems like nothing flows togetherrr..explainnnnnnnn

Try typing correctly. Seriously.

It is very difficult to read things like that, which makes it harder to help you.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by steven seagull
Learning particular solos is no help when it comes to learning HOW to solo, if anything it's more of a hindrance. The best way to do it is learn the basic principles of how solos work, get some basic improvisational techniques, then learn particular solos so you can see how people use those techniques.

+1