how to put guitar ideas on that are in your head.. onto guitar.

how do you go about choosing what chords, which scale, etc. etc.
Quote by insideac
Think of it like this, if a lesbian were truly a lesbian, then why would they use dildos and vibrators?

LOLOLOLOL!
I use 2 ears, 10 fingers, 1 guitar, 1 amp, 1 pick, and occasionally 1 slide.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Just fool around on the guitar, start playing the rhythm you want and move around the fretboard.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Metal-X
I use 2 ears, 10 fingers, 1 guitar, 1 amp, 1 pick, and occasionally 1 slide.

smart ass
lol.
Quote by insideac
Think of it like this, if a lesbian were truly a lesbian, then why would they use dildos and vibrators?

LOLOLOLOL!
Quote by $Guitarist$
Just fool around on the guitar, start playing the rhythm you want and move around the fretboard.

i second that...you dont' even have to have a certain rhythm in ur head to start off...you just have to fool around on the guitar a lot...practice and stuff
Feel it, maayyyn. Feel it.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
im especially having trouble with metal riffs and such.. im joining a metal band.. but i wanna make sure i can write metal riffs.. any ideas on how to get that started? any scales perhaps?
Quote by insideac

LOLOLOLOL!
Quote by lateraluspiral

Hippe.

Anyway yeah. Just try to imagine it, then use which ever gets close to the sound you want.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Quote by NightRyder
im especially having trouble with metal riffs and such.. im joining a metal band.. but i wanna make sure i can write metal riffs.. any ideas on how to get that started? any scales perhaps?

Lots of distortion.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Break through the doors of perception and see the world as it truely is. When the doors of perception are cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thru' chinks of his cavern.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
Quote by fas11030
Break through the doors of perception and see the world as it truely is. When the doors of perception are cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thru' chinks of his cavern.

wtf are you talking about...?
Quote by insideac

LOLOLOLOL!
Quote by NightRyder

Just start dicking around on the guitar. When you come up with a good lick, add some variation to it. And presto!
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by NightRyder

wow...lately that's all i can write are metal riffs...i'm just trying to write some good old hard rock riffs...and then i start playing a metal riff out of nowhere...it's weird

and some are really good...but some are really bad

i need to get off this metal stuff for a while...
Theres no set "way" to help you create music....

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge."

Mr. Albert Einstien
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
Uponst thyne fist shalt break the doors of perception and stare into the technicolor abyss.
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
I know what you're asking for, what you need is some ear training, so that you can hear chords in your mind and without picking up the guitar determine whether they are major, minor, seventh, sus2, 4, whatever. You also need to train your ears to hear the intervals between notes so that in your mind if you go, "bah bah bah" or whatever you actually know how the notes will fall in relation to each other on the guitar, regardless of what the actual pitches you're hearing are. No matter what key, you will know that whatever pitches you're hearing are so many frets apart no matter what fret you actually start on. Here's an ear training site to get your mind working on overdrive: http://www.ossmann.com/bigears/, just select a few simple intervals like P1, M3, P5, and P8. If you don't know what a perfect first is or major and minor thirds and such do some research into that as well, just that knowledge helps your ear tremendously as you will know what notes in a chord to listen for that will define it.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Last edited by DaliLama at Jan 4, 2007,
...my transdermal friend...
Gear:
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-(other stuff)
'if you can hear it in your head you can play it on guitar'

^^ Perfect First??
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by lateraluspiral

haha

but yea, just toy around with the idea. I have this great idea in my head right now, and I have a good idea of what I'm going to do, but there's no guarantee that my idea will work on the instrument.

Just practice at playing your ideas.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by DaliLama
I know what you're asking for, what you need is some ear training, so that you can hear chords in your mind and without picking up the guitar determine whether they are major, minor, seventh, sus2, 4, whatever. You also need to train your ears to hear the intervals between notes so that in your mind if you go, "bah bah bah" or whatever you actually know how the notes will fall in relation to each other on the guitar, regardless of what the actual pitches you're hearing are. No matter what key, you will know that whatever pitches you're hearing are so many frets apart no matter what fret you actually start on. Here's an ear training site to get your mind working on overdrive: http://www.ossmann.com/bigears/, just select a few simple intervals like P1, M3, P5, and P8. If you don't know what a perfect first is or major and minor thirds and such do some research into that as well, just that knowledge helps your ear tremendously as you will know what notes in a chord to listen for that will define it.

wish i could use it, my speakers dont work
Quote by insideac

LOLOLOLOL!