Quote by call1800ksmyazz
That link only leads to the main site. Doesnt show any products. Let us know. You should get 15w minimum. I use 30w irons and like that heat.

I use a 25w, but I got it from radioshack and it was like $7 and some change, dont remember.
That looks like a good one.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by wylde_overdrive
http://canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441900243&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672981&bmUID=1167965047853

Would that be a decent gun to use for basic soldering?

If not, could you guys suggest something?

If anybody says cold heat, I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF.

i needed one.
so my aunt got a cold heat for x-mas.
omg it sucked. it already broke
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
mastercraft makes quality products, and that one is great for the job
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by protech487
Have you considered a cold heat iron?

lol, but seriously, just grab any old soldering iron, preferably 20 watts or more. (not more than 40.)
Fender CD-220S (Asian Striped Ebony)
Used Case
And of course... TORTEX YELLOWS!
The Cold Heat irons are terrible.

The Wellers IMO are the best at a cheap price range. You don't want a gun either, you want a pencil type.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
whats wrong with the guns?? they heat up soo much faster, most of the time my pencil type cant melt into old solder if im repairing or re-wiring an older guitar and i have to use the gun. Also, a de-soldering iron is really nice to have.
^ seconded, but the guns are less precise.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Yup, that's why I don't want a gun. precision is everything when I want to work in a REALLY small space like anything guitar related.
you guys that got cold heats, did you ever get them to work? i had one but i couldnte get it to work, but they suck anyways.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Antex has always been my weapon of choice, I've tried weller/hakko/oki/iroda etc. but I always end up going back to antex... They're slightly cheaper than the (branded) competition here too..

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details