Hey fellow acoustic guitar players,

I have been playing guitar for a couple of years but I have been having trouble in finding some good, easy acoustic songs or electric guitar songs in acoustic form that I could learn...
I was wondering if you guys have any recomendations of good easy acoustic songs or electric guitar songs in acoustic form that I could learn/play.
That would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks..
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
Black SEGOVIA Cut-away modle
.60mm Dunlope Picks
YES I KNOW THAT I HAVE VERY LIMITED GEAR..
planet caravan
Edit: no reason by dry kill logic
Quote by jackal20
a drop of steve vai's blood in the guitar paint will make you shred yourself back in time

Quote by Zeppelin256
The last guy here who liked Green Day and made a thread about it died in a freak accident.

You wouldn't want that to happen, would you?
Pull out the new Foo Fighters acoustic album (My Hero, Everlong, Best Of You, and Times Like These come to mind), some Matt Good/Matthew Good Band (Apparitions, Strange Days, etc), pretty much any Jack Johnson song (Taylor has a cool opening if you're okay with something at least a little more complex), Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, if you need any more ask again but those are all solid pieces. What are you into?
Hey I am in too Rock, Christian Rock But I only have an acoustic guitar soo I have too find tabs for songs in acoustic form.... but I dont mind
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Quote by Strum a chord
Hey I am in too Rock, Christian Rock But I only have an acoustic guitar soo I have too find tabs for songs in acoustic form.... but I dont mind

don't worry about the fact that you're playing an acoustic and not an electric when you're looking for tabs. with the exception of shrieking pinch harmonics and notes above the 20th fret, you can pull off pretty much anything while playing acoustic.

since you're into christian rock, check out "flood" by jars of clay.
Johnny Cash is always good for simple acoustic stuff. It's country, but he's done some covers of heavier songs like Hurt (NIN), Mercy Seat (Nick Cave), Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode), and Rusty Cage (Soundgarden). That might give you an idea of how rock can sound on an acoustic...
...but of course, playing rock on an acoustic doesn't always mean making it country...

For rocky stuff...try Wish You Were Here or Mother buy Pink Floyd.

EDIT: or look at Alice in Chain's Unplugged album...those are relatively simple...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Christian Rock? Geeze, just look up some Thousand Foot Krutch, that stuff is amazing. Small Town, This is a Call, if you can find a tab for Breathe You In that's a great one as well, Hurt...there's a bunch.
^ wow Thousad Foot Krutch is amazing?! Not the last time I checked... Learn Stairway To Heaven, it's pretty easy and simple
Thousand Foot Krutch plays alot of different types of music, some of which I hate but they still have some great songs, give those a listen.

And yes, if you haven't already learned Stairway, do it.
Hey,
I knew that it doesnt matter what song it is you can play it on an acoustic... I just wanted some easy good acoustic songs..

I will try all of your guys suggestions.. I was going to get some thousand foot krutch and stuff anyways..

Thanks a bunch guys... Keep up the good suggestioning
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Try some Hoobastank also maybe, Everlong by the Foo Fighters in good on acoustic.

Peace
Quote by Strum a chord

Let Your Love Be Strong by Switchfoot. Good luck finding a tab for it, though.
I'm a person.
Melissa sounds nice. Creedence songs as well. Mellencamp. Just some suggestions. I find that my musical tastes are much different than most of UG (I don't like modern stuff, no metal, etc.. I'm also 28).

Those should get you started. Oh yeah, Tom Petty stuff too.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
flames by vast is a pretty easy song it just gets a little tricky twords the end
Hotel California
Member #19 of Rush Fan Club.

The Larrikin Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club. PM Alter-Bridge To Join!