If I buy a pack of .11s but, only put the low e on, will it cause my trem to fly up? Will my power chords still sound good?
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Because, Iam a complete wuss, lmao.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
It may make your trem a little bit hight on the bass side, if anything.

As for the powerchords, it will make your root note sound a little bit more prominant.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
if you're gonna do that. why dont you just buy .48 singles? rather than buy a whole new pack that you're not gonna use?
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Will it still sound okay? I'd like to play in drop d more without having the strings flapping around.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Please dont put it on the Edge III, the system isnt designed to hold too much pressure.

Yes it would throw your string tension out of whack and you have to re-adjust the springs at the back. Not to mention the tone would be totally different if you just put 11s on the low E and having others all 9s...

EDIT: If you're dropping it to D then its better. Just the tone would be different.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jan 4, 2007,
I'll just stick to my .9's in D. It may be flappy, but, it sounds alright. Thanks for the help, though.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
if you don't like flappy just use .10's, the whole set, and just get used to the tighter treble strings
Wouldn't that make my trem fly up?
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
just readjust it
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Tension would be greater, makes your trem stiffer, not too recommendable for the Edge III but you could still try it.

EDIT: I recommend you to try 9-46 (heavy tops reg botom) 1st, see how you like it from there.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jan 4, 2007,
Your trem probably won't fly up. People use a heavier E string all the time. But unless you're dropping to D or C, go with a .10. It'll still sound plenty heavy in comparison with .009s.

ps. don't really use a .10, use the .10 size big E string, what is that, .45?
Quote by madpickin03
Tension would be greater, makes your trem stiffer, not too recommendable for the Edge III but you could still try it.

EDIT: I recommend you to try 9-46 (heavy tops reg botom) 1st, see how you like it from there.

Didn't know the made strings like that, lol. I'll check them out.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Its a cross breed between 3 heavy 10s and 3 regular 9s, its been made like...forever
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Its a cross breed between 3 heavy 10s and 3 regular 9s, its been around like...forever
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Shows how smart I am, eh?

It doesn't flap when in D right? Also, I only have to make minor adjustments to the springs in the back, right?
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
I've tried it, its healthier to put that instead of full 10s on your EdgeIII. You could even play in E standard without having too much stiffness in the trem.

Basically just reset and re-tune the whole system, after that check your intonation just to be sure.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Alright. I'll be sure to buy them tomorrow morning. Thanks so much for the help!
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
D'Addarrio .09-.46's