Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
here is no why is the greatest song ever written.
i have about 100 pumpkins songs on my itunes, but that one is by far my fave

Edit: heres some other good ones
The Aeroplane Flighs High
Where Boys Fear To Tread
Bodies
Tonight, Tonight
Jellybelly
Zero
Tales Of A Scorched Earth
**** You (and ode to no one)
Love
X.Y.U
Muzzle
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Thru The Eyes of Ruby
Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans
Pissant
Hello Kitty Kat
Siva
Cherub Rock
Today
Pastichio Medley

PHEW!!! i didnt type them all FYI
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Jan 4, 2007,
Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans is choice.
Soma is great.
Tonight, Tonight

pretty much everything danzig said^^^
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by the_rev
what are smashing pumkins best songs?

eww you like avenged sevenfold...

Just buy mellon collie and the infinate sadness, almost all the songs that are being listed are from that album.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
^Actually Siamese Dream is the one that's hailed the most. Danzing listed many very good songs but he's missing a few in my opinion. Blew away and take me down are both sung awesomely by none other than James Iha, two of my favorite songs.

I like their acoustic songs a LOT. Like Stumbleine is pretty awesome. I don't know why here is no why is considered so good. don't get me wrong I think it's awesome but Danzing is the second person I noticed recently that likes that song the best.
Here Is No Why is certainly good, but I dont know if its one of their best.
Tonight Tonight, Today, Cherub Rock, Zero, Here Is No Why, Mayonaise, Soma, 1979.

Not all neccessarily my favourites but I reckon they are some good songs to start getting into them.

But yeah, buy Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie for sure.
Love & Zero has been on my playlist and its a few of my faves!

and of cos Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Disarm
Jellybelly is ok
Tonight,Tonight

just get Mellon Collie and u'll get infinite Smashing Happiness
That is a pretty song. Does no one like Adore? I've NEVER heard anyone say it was their favoritealbum. When I saw AVA adore's video I thought it looked like it would be a total let down but when you listen all the way through it's so melodically awesome.
^Adore is really good, I like it quite a bit. But sometimes I feel like it drags on a bit.

Stand Inside Your Love = best song not mentioned yet.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Quote by musiclover2399
That is a pretty song. Does no one like Adore? I've NEVER heard anyone say it was their favoritealbum. When I saw AVA adore's video I thought it looked like it would be a total let down but when you listen all the way through it's so melodically awesome.

It's good, but too long. I don't really like the middle section either. However as far as bedtime music goes, it's pretty hard to top.

Newbie's to the Pumpkins' music would probably like:

Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Zero
Today
Tonight, Tonight
The Everlasting Gaze
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Landslide was a Stevie Knicks cover? I thought it was a different band? They've also done covers of the cure, depeche mode, and the stones I think right?

I like Iha's singing a lot. Blew away, Take Me Down, Farewell and Goodnight, and Go=
Quote by musiclover2399

Adore IS my favorite,i think it's beautiful.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
Where's the love for Gish?

That's a fantastic album, just raw passion on a CD.

Siamese Dream is fucking quality too, and Pisces Iscariot's a really good listen.

A lot of MC&TIS is, IMO, filler, but the best songs on there are amazing too.

I haven't listened to much of their later stuff yet, but the song AVA Adore is beautiful.

My favourite Pumpkins songs:

Siva
I Am One
Rhinoceros
Crush
Today
Geek USA
Silverfuck
Zero
AVA Adore
X.Y.U.

Also, make sure all of you Pumpkins fans check out Zwan, Billy and Jimmy's post-Pumpkins band.

They're different, more laid back and trippy, but a good listen too.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Jan 6, 2007,
1979 FTW.

Btw, we have a Smashing Pumpkins thread in Alt & Indie forum, where do they belong?
...And The Nominees Are
I've always considered them Modern Rock, but the boundaries between MR and A&I are very vague.

I just think they belong in here with all the other grunge era bands.

EDIT: They appear on both recommendations threads, so I suppose the answer is both lol.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Jan 6, 2007,
I spose Alt-Rock makes a good working title, but who cares.

They have some great b-sides too, Drown and The End is the Beginning is the End being pretty good, but I can't say I agree with whoever said Pastachio Medley. Eugh, hate that song - it always makes me think 'What were they thinking??'
Quote by musiclover2399

actually thats my favorite smashing pumpkins album. its inderdibly melodic and has so many beautiful songs. after that i like mellon collie the best though.

favorite songs are probably

for martha
here is no why
bodies
tonight
if there is a god
today
we only come out at night
Last edited by Monkeygone2hvn at Jan 6, 2007,
I think they're modern rock by far. They're not indie, and have some alternative influences. I think they're a little hard for a straight-up alternative band though. I mean, c'mon..."Bullet With Butterfly Wings" is pretty heavy.
Gish is fantastic, if you really like Gish then you should check out themashed potatoes set for fun, a good listen. Their b sides are so good as well, both Pisces Iscariot and The aeroplane Flies High=
Quote by musiclover2399
Gish is fantastic, if you really like Gish then you should check out themashed potatoes set for fun, a good listen. Their b sides are so good as well, both Pisces Iscariot and The aeroplane Flies High=

Note to Wolfmother: if you want to do a modern rock and roll record that's actually good, look no further then Gish

Raw energy.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I think Pisces Iscariot is very underrated.
Why no love?
Disarm
Maynaise *acoustic *sp?*
Bullet with butterfly wings
Ava Adore *live with the kickass guitar*
Zero
Tonight, Tonight
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
God, I love this band so much. You know how you sift through bands, looking for that one that has just the perfect mesh of sounds that you're looking for, the one that speaks directly to you? I found them when I was just a young'un, when I accidentally came across the video for a little song called "Tonight, Tonight." I thought the video was the most brilliant, entertaining thing I'd ever saw (being a little nerd, I knew it was based on the silent sci-fi flick From the Earth to the Moon).

I was intrigued. Until then, most of my musical interests had revolved around Disney songs, gospel, and the occasional country tune. Now this band, and this music, this was something...different. I wanted to hear more. Next, I saw the "1979" video...then I saw it again...and again. Then came a replay of the "Today" video on Beavis & Butt-Head. My young ears were enlightened. This was what I had been looking for. The Smashing Pumpkins have heavy songs; they have soft, acoustic melodies. They even have songs that I think border on R & B (I'm talking about "Beautiful").

If any band has ever truly had an effect on my life, it's this one.

Favorite songs? That would be like asking me to pick favorites among my children.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
Quote by the_rev
what are smashing pumkins best songs?

All of them.

/thread
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
^Agreed with these last two posts. tonight Tonight was the first song/video I saw of the pumpkins as well and thought "THIS IS AWESOME!!" I bought Mellon Collie asap and man, I thought the lyrics were so mysteriously beautiful. I love that song beautiful, I agree it does sound almost hip hop like, when I first heard it I could imagine it being a hip hop-rock collaboration.

I think Mellon Collie is at it's very best if you listen all the way through and love how the end piano piece is clearly meant to be similar to the title track. It makes me cry .
^Makes me think that they wanted you to put the entire album on a loop. I bet it'd work. People who'd never heard it before would get to ero for the second time and think 'Hang on, haven't we heard the last few songs already?'
I always thought of a 1900's-era theater production when I listened to the album. The artwork, the opening piano piece, and the closing piece...that's just what it reminds me of for some reason.

And that artwork is absolutely killer, as well. I always loved how The Smashing Pumpkins could rock hard, but still have an elegant touch. Not many rock bands would dare to carry their style.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
Just a random useless tidbit of information, but both discs off of Mellon Collie And The Infinate Sadness end with the lyric "in your heart".
Well, I thought it was cool...
Mellon Collie is class. I love the pumpkins, New album and world tour this year HELL YEAH
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Page 1 of 2