Why do people say fender distortion sucks... I find it to be the best out there SS and Tube i have about 7 distortion pedals but the only one i use is a tube screamer and that explains itself anyways i feel like opening up a discusion about amp distortions

Discuss
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
I dont like their distortion because im a metal guy, but for cleans im looking at getting the FM100h, i think thats what it is called...
i don't think so many of the amps have good distortion on its own.
like marshalls don't have "that" much of distortion.
if u want any, i guess u might just need a pedal.
but ur set man -.- u got a ts9

i'm planning to get a Fender Blues deville or the Hot Rod they're really nice.
im gonna add an overdrive pedal like MXR M-133 or the TS9
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I don't like natural Fender distortions. They have no body to them. I'm not a metal guy, I just don't like them. I play a Boogie Mark IV.
Hi, I'm Peter
thats what i have lol when i used to play metal i used the scoopd mids the high 7 mid 0 bass 10 its sound preety cool
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
You guys aren't turning your amps up loud enough, especially if you have a Fender tube amp...

Fenders don't have distortion, though, so the topic is irrelevent. They simply go into overdrive (loudness as opposed to a distortion of the signal from the guitar). It's the best natural overdrive I have heard out of any amp.

The non-tube Fenders are easily surpassed, though. When it comes to solid state, you can do better than Fender. It's hard to beat their tube amp standard...
Looking for my India/Django.
On my twin reverb, theres no OD, but with a pedal, theres NOTHING thin about it. However when i record, it sounds like an old am radio... Its so weird.