Page 1 of 2
DEAN GUITARS! http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64773 It says here he will announce the company he is going with on January 19.http://www.deanguitars.com and here it says BIG ANNOUNCEMENT AT NAMM January 19th as well. Put it together and logic would tell you that Dave Mustaine is going with Dean. Opinions???

P.S. - sorry if this is wrong area.
Last edited by Bobbert at Jan 4, 2007,
diddnt he do like 4 guitars with ESP? man, this crap gets confusing, although Deans are pretty nice
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
....you mean the guy that wasn't good enough for metallica?

i couldn't care less
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
whoopee...

/not caring
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by myself101
....you mean the guy that wasn't good enough for metallica?

i couldn't care less

Dave Mustaine was kicked out of metallica because he partied too hard. He could kick Kirks arse in a shreading comp any day.

And thanks for the news, i was wondering where he was gunna go. But i havent read anywhere why he left, well if i did iv forgotten, so yeah, why did he leave ESP?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by bnull24
Cool, shame to see him leave ESP though. I'm an ESP guy.

I used to be an ESP only guy. Trust me, there is TONS better. Especially with the LTD models. Even though they have good hardware, the quality of the guitar is not on par.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Wow, and dean will have a shit $900 Chinese import, and then the $6000 custom shop model

I liked ESP better, at least their $900 guitars are awesome.
i think we have wayy too much guitar manufacturers that only make guitars for metal.

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Oh, I forgot, Once he goes to Dean he'll start endorsing Krank amps and get a signature line of (shitty) pedals from Dunlop...

*cough*DIMEBAG*cough*

Well, the dime wah isn't shit, but it's damn overpriced.

Quote by Doodleface
i think we have wayy too much guitar manufacturers that only make guitars for metal.

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?

Ibanez, ESP, Dean, and Schecter both make hollowbody and semi-hollowbody jazz type guitars, not to mention various guitars that could be used for a multitude of things other than metal.

Jackson guitars like the Dinky and Soloist can be used for whatever you want.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Jan 4, 2007,
Quote by Doodleface

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?

i think you're very wrong.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
I was really wondering were he was going to go. I read a few weeks back that he left ESP and was taking all of his designs form Jackson/ESP and going to another company.

EDIT: How can you say that those companies only make metal guitars? Ibanez makes the freakin' artcore series, they're so metal, and Dean makes the Schenker or whatever V. Schecters are more for hard rock or metal.(ESP and Jackson do only make metal guitars though)
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Jan 4, 2007,
why arent i wrong. i think we could get by with just 2 of them. Ibanez (only because virtuoso's like Satch and Vai and Gilbert use them) and Jackson.. just because i have a Jackson. maybe Dean because they look cool.

ooh i forgot B.C. Rich too
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
where did it say it is dean?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Quote by Doodleface

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?

ibanez makes great jazzy guitars and acoustics. plus, there's fender and gibson and gretsch and such. so deal.
Quote by Doodleface

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?

no one because you are, by reality, wrong.

for example, Ibanez makes excellent hollowbodies. George Benson endorses them. I think that says it all.
Quote by Rocker_69
Dave Mustaine was kicked out of metallica because he partied too hard. He could kick Kirks arse in a shreading comp any day.

And thanks for the news, i was wondering where he was gunna go. But i havent read anywhere why he left, well if i did iv forgotten, so yeah, why did he leave ESP?

um... no dave was kicked cause his too agro. he broke some guys leg cause the guy pushed lars at a party. watch some kind of monster the dvd
Dave was kicked out of Metallica (Nicknamed Alcoholica) for alcoholism. Dave rules.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
^^well he did know some form of marial art, and he is a big guy so yeah. Anyway, I still like him, Dave Mustaine is a badass.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
It's not the look of the guitar, it's how you use it.. The original Explorer users were country players and the original V user was a blues player. Nothing would stop me from playing jazz on a Dime Signature.

And the revolutionary thing Dean was announcing is supposedly a live webcam for NAMM.
wait, so this guy got kicked out of metallica....then why is he famous?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by meta1militia
I used to be an ESP only guy. Trust me, there is TONS better. Especially with the LTD models. Even though they have good hardware, the quality of the guitar is not on par.

I dont think that for the price of the actual ESP models (not LTD) that there are better guitars for the price, everyone that plays my Eclipse rates it over any Gibson.
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by TimmyPage06
It's not the look of the guitar, it's how you use it.. The original Explorer users were country players and the original V user was a blues player. Nothing would stop me from playing jazz on a Dime Signature.

And the revolutionary thing Dean was announcing is supposedly a live webcam for NAMM.

I remember seeing a video where this old guy was playing blues with a flying v. It looked so out of place.

Dave with Dean. Ok. I didn't like his ESP sigs. The Axxon or whatever looks too much like a BC Rich. I hope he comes up with a better looking design this time.
Quote by myself101
wait, so this guy got kicked out of metallica....then why is he famous?

laugh!
=-

Let us face the facts, UG'ers:

On the whole, Metallica, as a band, is more skilled in the terms of their songwriting compared to Megadeth. (Keeping in mind that Metallica "died" in 1991 after releasing The Black Album).

Dave Mustaine does not kick Kirk Hammett's ass in the terms of guitar playing, no.

But, on the whole (again), you must agree that out of all, Marty Friedman is the greatest and most skilled musician.

=-

EDIT: And to actually get to the thread; I'm actually happy that Dave is with Dean Guitars - out of aesthetics, Dean Guitars really "own".
[color="Red"][size="3"][B]   ___   __     __        
  / __\ / /    /__\ /\/\  
 / _\  / /    /_\  /    \ 
/ /   / /___ //__ / /\/\ \
\/    \____/ \__/ \/    \/
[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Member of "Genital Grinders", the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. "Embodiment" to join.
Quote by TimmyPage06

Something tells me you would look a little out of place in a jazz club with this:

Quote by Doodleface

ESP
Ibanez
Dean
Schecter
Jackson

who's with me?

if anything...we need more!
What the ****?

I cant see Dave being a Dean player

I wish he ****ed off and stayed with Jackson, his Jackson's looked better than his ESP's, and his ESP's im sure look better than his Deans (when they make them)

GAH!

i was hoping he would go back to Jackson
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by flemflames
=-

Let us face the facts, UG'ers:

On the whole, Metallica, as a band, is more skilled in the terms of their songwriting compared to Megadeth. (Keeping in mind that Metallica "died" in 1991 after releasing The Black Album).

Dave Mustaine does not kick Kirk Hammett's ass in the terms of guitar playing, no.

But, on the whole (again), you must agree that out of all, Marty Friedman is the greatest and most skilled musician.

=-

EDIT: And to actually get to the thread; I'm actually happy that Dave is with Dean Guitars - out of aesthetics, Dean Guitars really "own".

No ****ing way is Metallicas songwriting better then Megadeths!! Lyrics maybe but no way otherwise. Ok maybe thats ur opinion and everyone is entitled to it but go and listen to rust in peace and tell me its not out of this world! Megadeth IMO write better melodys, catchier riffs and overall better songs then metallica.

to that other guy up there, Dave Mustaine is Megadeths mainman and founder

anyway I wish Dave went back to Jackson. he only left them because when they were up for sale he was about to buy them and they had made all the arrangements but then fender bought jackson up.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Page 1 of 2