Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
it was a one-hit-wonder 300 years ago. It doesnt need a 2000's pop-redo like this kid did.

And that isnt impressive either. I can play this song entirely through on my piano, bass and treble, and didn't look up one note. I'm an ear player.

Not to mention this kid might not be able to play anything else. What if he sat down and played this song, and only this song, 1000 times a day, which it sure seems like he did.

Don't judge this quickly.
he played 2112 overtature by dream theater and this video was watched over 9 million times....hes been playting 6 years and hes been all over cnn...yupp im pretty sure youve done j dawg
Quote by jason_lee_91
he played 2112 overtature by dream theater and this video was watched over 9 million times....hes been playting 6 years and hes been all over cnn...yupp im pretty sure youve done j dawg

theres also a video of a dude accidentally sh!tting himself thats been viewed 9 million times. Coincidence?
Last edited by JDawg4098 at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by JDawg4098
theres also a video of a dude accidentally sh!itting himself thats been viewed 9 million times. Coincidence?

Quote by MusicalMinority
I'm praying ANY one of you intermediates can play this.

I'm praying for you to get ANY other amp than the one you have at the moment (it's a thing you should learn from UG, everyone hate marshall mg's, fyi.)...It's an over played/covered song that i know (well, i can speak for most of UG) all of us are tired of hearing.

Sorry guys, he made me do it.

Edit: Btw, what is it to you that were intermediate? What can YOU play?

btw 2x: I'm no expert at the guitar, but i'm just saying.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Jan 5, 2007,
What type of guitar is that? just wonderin...
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Quote by JDawg4098
it was a one-hit-wonder 300 years ago. It doesnt need a 2000's pop-redo like this kid did.

And that isnt impressive either. I can play this song entirely through on my piano, bass and treble, and didn't look up one note. I'm an ear player.

Not to mention this kid might not be able to play anything else. What if he sat down and played this song, and only this song, 1000 times a day, which it sure seems like he did.

Don't judge this quickly.

The piano version is bloody easy, and there are millions of variations on how you can do, oh wow..

/sarcasm
Quote by pinoyplaya
Amazing, first time I saw this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

are you pinoy? you really need to search more man. i bet you dont know that this is not the original
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

It's really not that hard to play the intro is easy and the rest is just practice
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Quote by Jix_Jax
What type of guitar is that? just wonderin...

some type of custom ESP signature
Hmm, well FYI - in a CNN interview he said that he doesn't consider himself a great guitarist - he said maybe a 65 out of 100.

I doubt the vast majority of you could play that anyway, don't talk shit.
he plays it well , yes he gets alot of attention.

but it's not like he asked for it....i KNOW 80% on this board can't play it as good as he can.

all big mouths behind your computer....*sigh* He didn't ask for this , he's just doing what he likes to do.

(ps. i do think this thread is...a waste of space since every youtuber/guitar player has allready seen it :P)
Man im so tired of it.
Cant you just do your interpretation of some other classical composition.
This one is just overplayed.

Btw. nice tone and playing.
:lol: i laughed at the comments of your video.

desifuncouk (37 minutes ago)
It looks like a fake.. who is playing drums etc?

Dont they know something like "Backing tracks"
i could probably play that if i tried to, but why would i need to?

i'll admit it's a good performance and he's got a good sound from the guitar but the chances are that everyone on this forum has seen it about 600 times already.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
better than I can do but i bet I can get it with some practice. Anyone know of a guitar pro tab and a backing track? I downloaded a crappy guitar pro version.

He does sound good.
Quote by jackr
better than I can do but i bet I can get it with some practice. Anyone know of a guitar pro tab and a backing track? I downloaded a crappy guitar pro version.

He does sound good.

There's a guitar pro tablature on the UG tab site. , good luck.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by jackr
I found it, Canon Rock. doesnt look too hard

Sure, post a video in a week or so, because 'doesnt look too hard' doesn't take too long to learn through.
Quote by mothership
are you pinoy? you really need to search more man. i bet you dont know that this is not the original

yes im pinoy. what do you meawn by "this is not the original"? Of course, he didnt make the music himself but the way he played it, it was amazing compared to the videos you see.
All the people that think this guys a genius/ master guitarist is a retard. While it is somewhat impressive how he arranged it, once you get down sweeping and alternate picking down, playing this becomes easy. Thousands can play this song, Millions could if they practiced more.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by MusicalMinority
I'm praying ANY one of you intermediates can play this.

It's good, but tons of people can do it. Yay, a cover of a classical song on guitar.. how amazing. Yah, he does a good job, but you have no right to try and assume we're intermediate because we aren't bowing down to some one who is also good. You're the newb here.

Oh, Green Day fan... MG. You win!
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!

dont tell me that i'm a hypocrite. It was already at the top of the page.
can you download you tube vids if so how??
im only on dial up and id rather d/l than wait for it to load
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
whereon the page that the original link takes you does it say download?
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Page 1 of 2