Ok, so I have to read this sheet music and throughout the music next to the chords are things like this...

Ex: D(no 3)/C

I'm guessing it means not to add the third, but I dunno if it means a major, or minor third or if that's what it means at all.

other Ex: Am7b 5

Again, I guess add the fifth?

any help with understanding this? thanks

p.s - anyone know where I can find a good chord chart?
Sorry don't know about the first one, but an Am7b5 would be an A minor 7th with a diminished 5th (1 b3 b5 b7).
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Quote by Anasazi_Soldier
Ok, so I have to read this sheet music and throughout the music next to the chords are things like this...

I'm guessing it means not to add the third, but I dunno if it means a major, or minor third or if that's what it means at all.

Well for the first one Im guessing that you take out the 3rd in that chord. Withough a 3rd in a chord, you cannot have a major or a minor for the fact that it cant be flatted. Also, the C on that chord means that you add it underneath. Im guessing you would fret the 3rd fret on the A string to make it a C.

For the second one, its actually Am7b5. That means to make your Am7 chord, then to take the 5th of that chord, and flat it.

I think I got it all.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Anasazi_Soldier

the D(no 3)/C --> means that you just take he third out a of a chord..soo... a D Major chord consist of D, F#, A ...the F# is the third that you take out...if it says no 3 then just take it out ... there is no min/maj 3rd in this case because your eliminating the 3rd all together

the Am7b5 --> means that you take the fifth of the chird which is an E and make it flat... a minor seventh chord is spelled 1, b3, 5, b7..so in this case its A, C, E, G, but since ts and Am7b5 then its A, C, Eb, G

i hope that makes sence and helps you
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah