I'm wondering how to go about learning there songs on drums when i don't have the toms or cymbals they have.

pepsi
Go To Ultimate-drums
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by altronataku
use the same toms and cymbols.

The whole site is laughing at you.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
The whole site is laughing at you.

don't think so, considering that only a fraction of the people are viewing this thread.

all you do is hit the same toms and cymbols. it may sound like shit, but what else are you going to do?
Go get some toms and more cymbals. That's the only way it'll work.
lulz
you can get a quaker oat box and use it as a floor tom, then use a lampshade for a cymbal- I hear lampshades have great tone!
Quote by altronataku
don't think so, considering that only a fraction of the people are viewing this thread.

all you do is hit the same toms and cymbols. it may sound like shit, but what else are you going to do?

He doesnt have the same toms and cymbols , thats his point , he only has a 4 peice.

I LOVE KENSAI
Just dont cover Lamb of God. All their songs sound the same/suck/are trite and playing their music to a crowd is directly stupidifying humanity as we know it.
As long as the drums are close, and keep the beat, that's all the really matters. Just make sure you've got the right timing down, and the basic pattern.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
He doesnt have the same toms and cymbols , thats his point , he only has a 4 peice.

no i mean, hit HIS same toms and cymbols. ie, any time he has to hit a tom, even ones that are lower than his which he doesn't have, he'll just hit the one he does have.
Quote by KissingShadows
Just dont cover Lamb of God. All their songs sound the same/suck/are trite and playing their music to a crowd is directly stupidifying humanity as we know it.

Yeah, lets completly flame a band someone likes because you don't like it! Woo! Thats so helpful!

Seriously, a comment like that wasn't needed

Anywho, threadstarter, if you can keep the rhythm going (be it 4/4 or whatever) there shouldn't be too much bad about it. Probably sound a little simple though
Quote by GiantRaven
Yeah, lets completly flame a band someone likes because you don't like it! Woo! Thats so helpful!

Seriously, a comment like that wasn't needed

Anywho, threadstarter, if you can keep the rhythm going (be it 4/4 or whatever) there shouldn't be too much bad about it. Probably sound a little simple though

People like Lamb of God?
Quote by KissingShadows
People like Lamb of God?

I know, so shocking that people might actually have a different music taste to you
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
You can re-make the beats the way you want them to sound, instead of whatever noob shit Lamb of God's drummer uses.

Good drummers can make the perfect beat without a million dollars' worth of gear.

Chris Adler is not a n00b.
Quote by KissingShadows
People like Lamb of God?

i'm surprised that you have enough motor skills to type.
Quote by altronataku
no i mean, hit HIS same toms and cymbols. ie, any time he has to hit a tom, even ones that are lower than his which he doesn't have, he'll just hit the one he does have.

Aha , i understand now

I LOVE KENSAI
...about 4 of those posts had any information relating to my question...1 of them had something useful to say, and ty

I guess i could make my own fills up with the two toms rather than copying note for note the song? I guess the point in covering is to give ur own feel to it...

pepsi
Quote by pepsi_lovr
...about 4 of those posts had any information relating to my question...1 of them had something useful to say, and ty

that's UG for you.
you cant make fun of something you dont understand. **** you people who only hear the screaming in metal and hardcore. you piss me off.
Tool kicks ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi_lovr

that's UG for you.

ohhh low blow man, low blow.
Quote by pepsi_lovr

I guess i could make my own fills up with the two toms rather than copying note for note the song? I guess the point in covering is to give ur own feel to it...

pepsi

That's true, and I contributed to that, sorry. But, if you've got a double bass pedal, just kinda work off that, and use what you've got, like you said, you just need the feel of it. Too bad you don't have his cymbals, God his cymbals sound good, the bell on his ride is incredible sounding. What song are you doing??
If you want it to sound right you're gonna need a double bass pedal and a few more cymbals and a couple toms.
lulz
well the songs my band is covering are: hourglass, laid to rest, and 11th hour. (My personal favourites btw )

pepsi
If you can cover Lamb of God with a four piece drumset (I assume only one kicker) Then you are GOD!
Quote by pepsi_lovr
well the songs my band is covering are: hourglass, laid to rest, and 11th hour. (My personal favourites btw )

pepsi

Awesome, do you have a double bass?

And a FEW more toms and Cymbals....?????

Quote by jimmy388
Awesome, do you have a double bass?

And a FEW more toms and Cymbals....?????

grr if i had that kit I would never go to school/work

nah i got a 14" crash, a 22" ride and a 14" hi hat, and a 14X13 tom and a 18X18 floor tom, and a 20X14 bass (horrible i know) but i can get the verses done easily its just the fills i can't do with this set up. I'm planning on getting some new cymbals soon too (well i just use my hi hat or ride when its a spash, god i need one)

pepsi
He only has two more toms than you. For every time he uses his high two, use your high one, for every time he uses his low two, use your low one, and for every crash hit, use your crash.

Not too hard.

Oh yea, use your floor tom as a second bass drum, or just halve his bass rolls.
Quote by pepsi_lovr

pepsi

Ah, I'm not normally a fan of Lamb of God, but I must say 11th hour is a fun song to play, it's a nice little workout for the picking hand, even though the entire song only took like 10 minutes to learn...
If you only have a 4 piece drumkit and you're wanting to play LOG....You better be BADASS
Waffles Are Like Pancakes With Syrup Traps...

-Mitch Hedberg
Quote by stringmagician
He only has two more toms than you. For every time he uses his high two, use your high one, for every time he uses his low two, use your low one, and for every crash hit, use your crash.

Not too hard.

Oh yea, use your floor tom as a second bass drum, or just halve his bass rolls.

Thats about what I would do. A double bass pedal would be your greatest asset right now, I think.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately