http://shop.songbirdocarina.com/Zelda-Ocarinas/Fairy-Ocarina-replica/Extended-Range-Fairy-Ocarina/
http://shop.songbirdocarina.com/Zelda-Ocarinas/Ocarina-of-Time-replica/Extended-Range-Sweet-Potato-Ocarina/

I was reading the nintendo power magazine and saw an ad page of that site.
Anyone ever bought an ocarina from there? I've always wanted one since i played ocarina of time and i'm thinking of getting one from there... so any of you guys ever played an ocarina? what is it like ? they sound pretty nice from the sound clips. I think it would be an awesome gift for a zelda fan.
Last edited by sunshineshankar at Jan 5, 2007,
I have the Potato Ocarina!!

Man I need to find it. It was so much fun to play. I think it was 6 or 7 years ago.

It's cool because it comes with so many songs from Ocarina and Majora's Mask.
my brother has one. it's pretty cool
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Where's the fish guitar from Majora's Mask?
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Hahahah I had one of those back in the day. They freakin rocked!
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Quote by Chimaira
Where's the fish guitar from Majora's Mask?

I remember reading in Nintendo Power that someone won one of those. I can't remember what company made it though.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next

Although you can learn to play the Ocarina well in a short amount of time, you can spend years improving your technique, discovering new scales and modes, new blowing techniques and articulation, new rhythms, developing speed, precision, sliding into notes, ornaments as played in different musical styles, and learning new tunes from various sources. Darryn Songbird has logged thousands of hours on his Ocarina, and he still claims to discover something new every time he plays!

They make it sound like learning music theory is easy!

Quote by GiantRaven
They make it sound like learning music theory is easy!

And fun too! New scales! Better technique! Years of fun!
BTW if anyone is still wondering the Guitar in Nintendo Power was a 7 string custom Ibanez.

I used to have and Ocarinas. That thing was sweet. Then it broke while I was getting my mail. Could someone tell me what a extended scale ocarina is? It is the one with more holes?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
I remember getting one when I was 8, haha, good times. I had the potato one, and yes, I was surprised they were real aswell o.o.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R