aight guys and gals need a little help im in the market for a new acoustic as the old jasmine is getting a little outdated and i think its time to move to a more serious acoustic guitar. my range is anything upto around $800 ive been to basically all our local guitar shops and played basically anything and everything. ive come up with two guitars that im really interested in but need a little help on deciding or possibly checking into something better if i missed something

the two ive found that i loved so far are the Martin D-15 custom (mahogany or rosewood havent really narrowed down between those two yet)

or the seagull perfomer cutaway cedar gloss top
http://seagullguitars.com/productperformercwcedargt.htm

two associates from the shops i visited said that a seagull is probably the best guitar i can get for my price range because of their high build quality and use of nicer then most materials. Ive played both and really enjoyed the feel and sounds of both but am stuck in the road on which is the better buy. this is where you all come in haha

thanks in advance

AnthonyG
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M
i'd say these guitars are both equally good buys. i haven't ever played anything in the performer series by Seagull, so i can't really make an accurate comparison of the two guitars based on anything other than specs. the Seagull isn't all solid wood, but it is an acoustic-electric. the Martin isn't acoustic-electric, but it is all solid wood. so imo, the question is... do you want/need an acoustic-electric guitar and how important is it for you to have a cutaway? if you use your acoustic and feel like you would continue to use it as just an acoustic, i would probably go for the Martin because it is all solid wood. if playing amplified is something you intend to do, the Seagull might be a better fit for you.
really only play straight acoustic at the moment so electronics aren't really needed. and a cutaway would be nice as i do play in the upper registers a little but not that often so dont have to have one. i think im leaning more torward the D15 myself cause i can always add electronics to it down the road. its made of all solid wood and i loved the feel of it. just curious anyone here with a D15? and if so which one and if ya could go back would ya buy it again?
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M