I know this is old, and I know there's already a thread about this video, so please keep the flaming to a minimum.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rkgkp1PCQuE

Alright, I need help with the part he demonstrates at about :45. How the hell do you do that? I'm supposed to make this balloon bass for a science fair for school, and I've been trying to figure this out for about a week now, but I just can't get it. He wasn't kidding when he said it would be the harder part...

The quality of the video is pretty shitty to begin with, but it's also just hard to see what he's doing with his hands in the way and him doing it so fast and all. I've searched balloonbass.com for anything to help me, like detailed instructions or something, but I couldn't find anything.

So, if anyone has made the balloon bass or knows how to make this part, could you please tell how? Or if you know any websites that explain it, a link to that would be fine too. This is really important, and I only have until next Wednesday to finish making it.

Thank you so much to anyone that can help me. Uh... If you help I'll give you... Um. Cyber-cookies? E-hugs? .....Buttsecks?

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Just make a bunch of little balls in the purple balloon by twisting it.

Buttsecks now?
MG Free At Last
Quote by ljplum12
Just make a bunch of little balls in the purple balloon by twisting it.

Buttsecks now?

That didn't help me at all. No buttsecks for you.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
This is pretty cool, anyone know the name of the song he plays at the end?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by ljplum12
I think it was Another One Bites The Dust

No no, its another song I know it, its some 80s dance song or something.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
It sounded like Another One Bites The Dust to me... I think.

Sorry raindropsXroses, but, at least take comfort in the fact that I shall love you forever, for simply trying to make a balloon bass, regardless of whether or not you succeed.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by edwardthegreat5
No no, its another song I know it, its some 80s dance song or something.

That was definetely Queen's "Another one Bites the Dust". Just listen to the original. You'll dance like in the 80's.

If you just twist the balloon around and make a tight shape that'll hold the ball, it will work. it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

EDIT: it's hard to explain how he does it with just words. You really gotta see it, but it's hard cos his hands are blocking it.

Basically, what it looks like is: he twists two bubbles on the end, then he bends the first bubble over the second one so that the thin sections where the ballon is twisted fit into one another, and then he twists both bubbles around to sorta tie them together. Then he makes another bubble and does the same.

That didn't make sense, did it? It's hard to explain...

ANOTHER EDIT: Also note that when he puts the bubble into the long ballon, he sticks it into THE TAIL END, not where the opening is. I failed at this stage when trying to make my own.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by sashki

If you just twist the balloon around and make a tight shape that'll hold the ball, it will work. it doesn't have to be exactly the same.

EDIT: it's hard to explain how he does it with just words. You really gotta see it, but it's hard cos his hands are blocking it.

Basically, what it looks like is: he twists two bubbles on the end, then he bends the first bubble over the second one so that the thin sections where the ballon is twisted fit into one another, and then he twists both bubbles around to sorta tie them together. Then he makes another bubble and does the same.

That didn't make sense, did it? It's hard to explain...

ANOTHER EDIT: Also note that when he puts the bubble into the long ballon, he sticks it into THE TAIL END, not where the opening is. I failed at this stage when trying to make my own.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Guess what? I love you. You're my new best friend.

Whether you like it or not. Bwahaha. I haven't made it yet, but I'll try tomorrow. It's 4 in the morning, so I don't feel like making it right now.

Also thank you to JamieB.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
Quote by raindropsXroses
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Guess what? I love you. You're my new best friend.

Whether you like it or not. Bwahaha. I haven't made it yet, but I'll try tomorrow. It's 4 in the morning, so I don't feel like making it right now.

Also thank you to JamieB.

HAHA I just tried it myself and it didn't work! YOU'RE ****ED NOW, BATMAN!
It's not as easy as it looks. You really gotta watch closely
Quote by sashki
HAHA I just tried it myself and it didn't work! YOU'RE ****ED NOW, BATMAN!

You're not my friend anymore. I hate you.

Quote by sashki
It's not as easy as it looks. You really gotta watch closely

Thanks I hadn't noticed.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
I GOT IT TO WORK! I'm so happy. It works really well, it sounds great. I didn't use the stupid twist part I can't get to work, I just used a rubberband. Works fine. YAY!

I just thought I'd bump up this thread to annoy people, just because I can and I'm so happy.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
Quote by JamieB
It sounded like Another One Bites The Dust to me... I think.

Sorry raindropsXroses, but, at least take comfort in the fact that I shall love you forever, for simply trying to make a balloon bass, regardless of whether or not you succeed.

I actually succeded in making a balloon bass
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
How do people think up something like that? It's amazing.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
^ You guys who got it to work are teh pwnz0rz.

Uber respect to you bothz0rz.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

hmm.. Maybe you should cut the shape out of foam.. that could help. How bout a short plastic pipe? You just need something that will do the job that the purple balloon does.
Last edited by kilbie at Jan 12, 2007,