its either the black , or the brown sunburst
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
Depends what music you play i guess, but thats not a very expencive guitar, only around £200-260 if that.
i wouldnt say to good to be true lol
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
well i play mostly rock, bit of metal and a bit of funk. i know frusciante uses them so im covered for funk, is it good for the rest?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Quote by fondeedoodle
well i play mostly rock, bit of metal and a bit of funk. i know frusciante uses them so im covered for funk, is it good for the rest?

It'll be good for rock and funk, but not for metal. For a good metal tone you're gonna need some humbuckers.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
yeah, you can't use it for metal although it will do the funk stuff nicely. You should look at the fat standard strat.. then you could possibly change the bridge pickup out.. i know frusciante uses the neck pickup mostly.. so you could have the strat neck pickup for funk.. then the bridge humbucker for metal.
Look at the ESP LTD 100+ Series, similar price range and you can do pretty much what you said on them, i would say avoid the 50's though. Also, check out some Ibanez perhaps.
Iron Maiden use strats, Opeth used to use strats (and I think still do sometimes?), Porcupine Tree used strats... They're not really heavy metal I suppose, but the point is you can use any guitar for any genre of music. It's not the best guitar for metal of course, especially if you're into super high-gain metal, but if you mostly play rock and a bit of metal, it should do the trick just fine, as long as you like the guitar itself.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by CraigKing
Look at the ESP LTD 100+ Series, similar price range and you can do pretty much what you said on them, i would say avoid the 50's though. Also, check out some Ibanez perhaps.

LTD's won't do for a good funk sound IMO.
Quote by CraigKing

If you get a ESP LTD don't get anything under the 400 series because the ones under that are made of agathis.

What about a fender fat strat (HSS)?
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs
Squire Showmaster tuned to D standard

Amps
Laney Hardcore MXD65 (for sale)
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2

Next to buy
New amp
Quote by gjmmh123
If you get a ESP LTD don't get anything under the 400 series because the ones under that are made of agathis.

What about a fender fat strat (HSS)?

Yup, and all the LTD's under 400 are made in Indonesia and have some not so good quality. The 400 series and up are made in Korea and are a lot better overall.

But seriously, a Fender Fat Strat seems like the guitar you need.
Quote by BirdHouse
dude LTD's dont suck they are good guitars from 400 an above

Who said they suck?
Quote by x8blitzkid8x
as long as you promise not to get it wine red or black =]

Midnight wine FTW
Quote by fondeedoodle

i have a fender standard strat myself. it's great for rock (which is what i mainly play) and funk, i'm not too sure about metal, it would probably do the job. I bought mine second hand so i'm not sure whether mine has any upgrades.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Fender fat strat would be the best option if you want a fender. I prefer gibson/epiphone myself, but the fender standard series is an amazing value
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
the fat strat costs way more and im only 13, so i think ill go with the standard stratocaster
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Just put a high-output single coil pup in the bridge for metal, the rest will do rock and funk nicely
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by x8blitzkid8x
as long as you promise not to get it wine red or black =]

wine red's cool with the rosewood board but i hate the black with maple or rosewood. sorry clapton

i have mine in chrome red with a rosewood board
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
it works i like mine
but i bought a cheap ibanez off ebay so i can stick stickers on it.
EHX Users Guild Member

B52 AT100 & AT412 Cab
Fender MIM Satin Strat
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai
EHX Holy Grail
Dan Electro EQ
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by Mechanixx
Just put a high-output single coil pup in the bridge for metal, the rest will do rock and funk nicely

ok a noob question but how do you do that?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

I wouldn't definately say you should get the Fat Stratocaster instead. For the little more it costs, it's a fantastic upgrade.

Oh, and if you're worried about the price, just get a Squier version. Alot of people badmouth squier, but they can be a bloody good guitar if you know how to play them right.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
Last edited by ToffeeandApples at Jan 17, 2007,