hey guys im new here! been playing for a year n a half with these stock pickups from vintage which have to be the worst things out and im looking for something to replace them. budget is a big big issue but im thinkin any pickups are better than these so any ideas? im playing trough a hughes and kettner club reverb (50watt) and its got a pretty thick distortion and killer clean but if theres anything that would cut through without sacrificing the les paul warmth we all love it would be greatly appreciated. cheers. and up the boys from N.I

cheers
wow im in the exact same boat as i want to change the pickups of my vintage les paul (and rustic metal, vintage is a brand, its called the vintage v100 les paul copy)

a mate recommended gfs pickups from www.guitarfetish.com but im thinking of going all the way with some seymour duncans, but im unsure whether it is worth is because of the fact that at the end of the day its a cheap copy, not mahogany or anything

anyone know whether it will sound better?

you should check out the gfs pickups on guitarfetish, there are sound samples on the site, might suit you.
The V100 has Mahogany body, mahogany neck and flame maple top from what I can see. Far from poor wood....

I'd strongly recommend GFS pickups, aye... www.guitarfetish.com
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I dont recomend buying expensive pick-ups for a reasonably cheap guitar.

As some people say: "You cant polish a turd"

I would personally save and buy a new guitar, then upgrade the pickups.

EDIT: although I know not everyone can afford this

(The above views are entirely personal opinion)
seymour duncan JB and '59?

WITHOUT sacrificing warmth...

Pair of Dimarzio Breeds if you can stretch to it, or a SD Pearly Gates pair.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by MrCarrot
The V100 has Mahogany body, mahogany neck and flame maple top from what I can see. Far from poor wood....

I'd strongly recommend GFS pickups, aye... www.guitarfetish.com

didnt have a mahogany body when i bought mine a few years ago they have since upgraded their guitars so they are now actually quite good