Right guys, i really like rickenbacker basses but dont quite have the money to buy a real one. Some guy on page 9 of the show off your bass thread had a rickenbacker replica, and bruce foxton from the jam has said in interviews that his first bass was a rickenbacker copy. Does anyone know where i might be able to get a rick copy from? I have searched ebay and loads of other guitar sites but i can't find one anywhere
Thanks in advance
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Thanks for the help, but does anyone know where i can get a more 'faithful' copy from (with the rick style head and pickguard/ pickup covers)?

Please quys i am counting on you!
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Last edited by stevo192 at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by stevo192
Thanks for the help, but does anyone know where i can get a more 'faithful' copy from (with the rick style head and pickguard/ pickup covers)?
Please quys i am counting on you!

Search around your area to try to find a luthier and get a price reference hopefully it won't be as much as ricks. When i got mine he had already built it a long time ago its a '75 Rick.
ummm
A small company called indie do a very very accurate ric copy
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Cheers GnFnR ill look into that. parker_muse are you sure, cos i checked their site and i cant find any bass that even looks vaguely like a ric. Please could you send me a link or something, that would be really helpful if you did. Thanks
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
The place is called a remus sound, theyve got one in stock, its about half the price of a ric, google a remus sound
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
cheres parker_muse im gonna contact the people about it, but theres only one, and its limited run so i think till be expensive so i aint gonna hold my breath. In the meantime, does anyone else know where i can get good ric bass copies?
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
I think its about 500.
Plays like a rick though... just a different name
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
thanks alot for that anyway mate as i said ill check it out but i reckon its too expensive. I didn't wanna pay 500 for one!
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
I can only think of having one made for you but it would probably easily cost more than an actual rickenbacker. Also GnFnR up there is probably the one who has the copy you saw, it was built by his friends dad (I think that's what he said). So you might as well save for a actual ricky, it's worth it and you can be proud.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but Rickenbacker is very strict compared to other companies about people making duplicates. Ibanez used to make one but of course they wouldn't allow it.
ok cheers for being frank. Seing as though i am 16, and with very little cash i dont think a real ric is within my reach lol so i think ill have to make do with the squier for a few years yet!
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Rickenbacker copies are actually illegal. However companies like Ibanez and Tokai did used to make them back in the 80s. Unfortunately these basses can still be quite expensive. Recently saw a really beat up Ibanez copy in a music shop for £500
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??