does anyone know much about harley benton doublenecks? i've seen one pretty cheap on a website and need some opinions on it. I would go down to a music store to check them out but none of my local ones stock any doubleneck guitars whatsoever. I want non-biased opinions however, like what are the good/bad points about them. If you insist on saying "Harley benton are awesome!!!!!" or "they suck get a gibson" or something to that effect, please explain what it is that makes you say this.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I haven't tried one personally. I do have a friend in Sweden who owns a Harley Benton V and uses it as a beater guitar and backup for stage use. According to him, it's just a starter guitar made of plywood with crappy tuners and bad pickups. He says for his purpose (needing a cheap backup), it's good. But he'd never play it as his main guitar. Don't know what the double neck guitars are like, but I suspect it would be along the same lines.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
well i know for starters this info:

Mahogany Body with Flamed Maple Top, set-in Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 22 Frets, 628 mm (24,75") Scale, Grover Tuner, Tune-O-Matic-Bridge, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-Way-Toggle Switch for Pickup Selection, 3-Way Toggle Switch for 12-string/Off/6-string, Chrome Hardware

(from thomann.de). that sounds pretty good. i can imagine the gibson/fender copies they make are more backup/beginner guitars because they wouldn't be selling something as nice as the real thing for £60-£80. But these are pretty good specs for the price.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.