what type of amp should i get. I want to get a practice amp 10w-25w that could sound like eric clapton. I already have his guitar.
eric clapton went through a ton of gear...what sound are you looking for?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The one he uses now. Blackie with midboost, tbx circuits. Somewhat like the one he uses for crossroads festival or his reunion concert with cream in 2005.
you can probably get away with a small fender tube amp, an overdrive and a strat with good pickups
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Yeah a fender Blues jr. Champ or Pro Jr. would be a good choice.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If you're really strung out for bread you could even get a tiny 5watt Epiphone valve amp. They're not too shabby at all. But 5watts of valve power is probably better than the 15watt Marshall MG15 (I use a MG15DFX but with a Bluesbreaker pedal and a Les paul copy and it all sounds shockingly gorgeous. Nice and creamy)
Eric Clapton has LOTS of sounds.

Get an 18 watt Marshall.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Gabel
Yeah a fender Blues jr. Champ or Pro Jr. would be a good choice.
Haha wicked I never realised I was sigged.

But on the topic, Fender Blues Jr. perhaps? But I think he's used Fenders, Marshalls and loads of other stuff in the past...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
and even if you have everything that he has, you wont sound like him, so get a good amp that can cope the feel and sound pretty close and let your playing do the rest.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by ECwomantoneman
If you're really strung out for bread you could even get a tiny 5watt Epiphone valve amp. They're not too shabby at all. But 5watts of valve power is probably better than the 15watt Marshall MG15 (I use a MG15DFX but with a Bluesbreaker pedal and a Les paul copy and it all sounds shockingly gorgeous. Nice and creamy)

You mean bad and muddy.

The bluesbreaker would make the MG sound creamier than before, but if you hook that pedal up to a Plexi it would make your MG shit itself.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
get his signature crossroads pedal, they're about £110 (dunno $), get even just a decent amp, and rely on the pedal for the clapton tone.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
you know he made a signature effect pedal with digitech, that otta help!
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
You mean bad and muddy.

The bluesbreaker would make the MG sound creamier than before, but if you hook that pedal up to a Plexi it would make your MG shit itself.

Dude, chill out. I like to do what is called EXPERIMENTING WITH SOUNDS. I can get a not to bad bluesy sound out of the MG15DFX on its own, but the bluesbreaker really makes this otherwise unremarkable amp sound quite good (only at low volumes though). The MG15DFX is obviously not my preffered choice of amp, but its alright for practicing on.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Dude, chill out. I like to do what is called EXPERIMENTING WITH SOUNDS. I can get a not to bad bluesy sound out of the MG15DFX on its own, but the bluesbreaker really makes this otherwise unremarkable amp sound quite good (only at low volumes though). The MG15DFX is obviously not my preffered choice of amp, but its alright for practicing on.

I just re-read your first post and noticed that you said the MG + Bluesbreaker would do if he was short on cash. And you're actually right, but even at that price range it would be better to get a Crate to use with the Bluesbreaker (the crate has a more transparent clean).
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you